Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chasity OVERPOWERED

Post Fiend

Chasity OVERPOWERED

It shouldn't stop COMPLETE pop growth....it's just too extreme...its bad enough with plague on you with no population growth...it should limit growth by a certain %, but not completely stop it...

Honest, i dont know whats more BS, chasity or plague - both are WAY to overpowered

if you had a competant kingdom you could MV chas away. try to cast NB on plague to make that go away. or if its that much of a problem either go undead next age or go shepard.

Post Fiend
    when ur WPA is too goo for most kd to MV u, yet opposing kd luckily got a chasity spell on u...wtf do u do? And when u go from 100% mana to 9% casting NB and not a single one cures plague....ya...a bit BS to me

Idk what to tell ya. Lady luck was not on your side today.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It's not overpowered, it just needs to be a higher rune cost. The only reason they could get the spell on you was because they can afford to spam it at you until it eventually gets through. It's dirt cheap so it doesn't matter how difficult it is or how low the duration is.

Post Fiend
    Oh, you don't have to spam it. As a Mystic it just goes :)
    I'm loving my 9 hour Chastity's.

Someone posted the rune cost of chastity for me and its ridiculous compared to other spells. 4500 runes for MV vs 700 to cost (at their size)

with LP cast you get 4/5 hours to gain pez, if you aren't being FB/kidnap'd. if you are then all those you gain in that duration more than likely gone from ops. definitely needs a rune cost increase to level the playing field.

As a T/M, I'd agree to a rune increase but disagree with weakening its affects and I think MV should be lowered in rune cost(maybe by 500 or so?), Hard as hell to land on someone in or outside your KD anyways, lol(Even with 10mod wpa), Everything else just seems to latch on first try =/

Post Fiend
    I just landed an MV (1/3) on a prov with only .15 wpa raw less than me. it's not that difficult.

Enthusiast
    You and your one data point...

By all accounts I know, MV is ridiculously hard.

But Chastity could definitely use a rune increase (up to 2/3 of MS imho) and maybe an increase in difficulty.
    Last edited by inventio; 01-05-2011 at 04:14.

Post Fiend
    4.3 wpa vs. 2.8 wpa mod. hardly worthy of "hard as hell even with 10 mod" claims. I'm sure if I carried on for 10 more tries I'd have roughly the same success rate. it hasn't been too much an issue so far.

mv should cost less runes. chastity is pretty much fine, increase the cost by 50-75% and you're fine. having it cost a ridiculous amount of runes with such a short cast time would make it incredibly underpowered.

Na.. Chasity is reasonable in difficulty I think.. Rune increase would work out i think, Just to slow the spamming of it.

@Hood: Big whoop... one cast... try being the 1 of two mages in your KD and having to MV chain targets(Along with all the other spells that follow to make someones prov a living hell to upkeep) of a KD your at war with and tell me its not that difficult.
    EDIT: Now that you've clarified, That wasn't even a valid arguement to what i said, Ofcourse double wpa vs another, Its not going to be hard, Chances are better but even then.. on a bad day.. You'd fail more then success for no apparent reason.
    Last edited by CharonsGambit; 01-05-2011 at 04:24.

Post Fiend
    one of three casts. my previous attempts to MV kd mates haven't been any more difficult.

"try being the 1 of two mages in your KD and having to MV chain targets"

I'm a solo faery having to MV, MS large provs and keep chastity going all by my lonesome. MV isn't all that difficult.

Post Fiend
    Stop making more chastity threads. SERIOUSLY. This is like the 5th one now. If you're so motivated to get something fixed, at least put in a tiny amount of effort to see if someone else has already brought it up.

@Hood, what're you saying sounds like BS. You make it sound like you get so much done and so easily done at that. The rune cost for what you're describing is HUGE. With 15% towers and 40% sci, it takes about 1.4 hours to get enough runes for a single MS cast. It's 2.1 hours for a single MV cast. There's no way you're throwing out MV's left and right and keeping up MS on the enemy as well as chastity. No enemy is so stupid to keep that massive an amount of runes laying around for you to steal to make that possible.

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...Magic_Formulas

Quote Originally Posted by Topwolf View Post
    when ur WPA is too goo for most kd to MV u, yet opposing kd luckily got a chasity spell on u...wtf do u do? And when u go from 100% mana to 9% casting NB and not a single one cures plague....ya...a bit BS to me
    release wizards
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Thread Information