Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Chasity OVERPOWERED

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DjTeddySpin View Post
    Yes, when you cast chastity you can't FB/kidnap/storms/MS anymore =(
    I don't really appreciate the way you are discussing. I take the time to give proper arguments and I get a disrespectfull comment like this. I would prefere if you replied at the content in my post. Which parts do you agree with, which parts you don't? Ofcourse I m aware you can combine ops/spells for maximum effect, but why is the additional effect of a chastity after peasant control overpowered? Could you explain me the overpowered part of chastity in the following situations?

1) 1-2 PPA, Storms on, MS on & Chastity on
    2) 1-2 PPA, Storms on & MS on

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I demand we make MS harder and raise the rune cost. I had a 13 hour MS and nobody was around to MV me, and I had no way to replenish my dead troops and pezzies right away with barely any effort. How dare this game have any level of difficulty!
    Just because I wrote you needed an online Mage you immediately insisted that I am saying its OP because I didn't had a Mage to MV me? Even if you're trolling you're severely lacking creativity.

You had to quote-mine even the smallest and most unrelated part of a post and form a trolling material out of it.

When greed stops all income, you can come talk again. Other than that, you just lack basic comprehension.
    Oh Chastity stops all income now? Is this a new feature that was added secretly that only you are aware of? You are making random pointless statements that make no sense whatsoever.
    S E C R E T S

Veteran
    I guess he compares the stopping of birth rate with the stopping of income.

Greed, FB, MS, all affect income, there is nothing special about Chastity that overpowers the others.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by Humanoize View Post
    I don't really appreciate the way you are discussing. I take the time to give proper arguments and I get a disrespectfull comment like this. I would prefere if you replied at the content in my post. Which parts do you agree with, which parts you don't? Ofcourse I m aware you can combine ops/spells for maximum effect, but why is the additional effect of a chastity after peasant control overpowered? Could you explain me the overpowered part of chastity in the following situations?

1) 1-2 PPA, Storms on, MS on & Chastity on
    2) 1-2 PPA, Storms on & MS on
    My sincere apologies, I was a little tick off I admit.

The PPA issue and halt in growth are only a small part of Chastity.
    With chastity on, all incoming lands would be ineffective without peasants populating them. In a stalemate situation where you can't draft under majority of the circumstances(and that you DO attack), you will be facing a diminishing army that you have no way of replenishing alone. Imagine a fixed overall population that can only shrink even by just doing regular hits. The only way you can argue that chastity ALONE does not affect you is when you're not hitting at all and sitting at max pop.

None of what you just said is overpowered. OMG my new land doesn't pop, AHHHHHH!!!! Big F'ing deal, lol. Other spells do the same damn thing and are easier to cast, rofl.
    S E C R E T S

Oh Chastity stops all income now? Is this a new feature that was added secretly that only you are aware of? You are making random pointless statements that make no sense whatsoever.
    Greed, FB, MS, all affect income, there is nothing special about Chastity that overpowers the others.
    I think you misinterpreted.

No more than Greed does.
    S E C R E T S

None of what you just said is overpowered. OMG my new land doesn't pop, AHHHHHH!!!! Big F'ing deal, lol. Other spells do the same damn thing and are easier to cast, rofl.
    You can be sarcastic until you show me a spell that can last 12hours long at 0.82 runes per acre(according to palem at least) and has a functionality comparable to complete growth halt. What I wrote there for fair comparison is just chastity itself, as if you receive ONLY chastity in wars.

No more than Greed does.
    I am not trying to compare the loss of income from chastity against greed. I am trying to say if only greed has the functionality OPness of chastity.
    Last edited by DjTeddySpin; 22-06-2011 at 23:01.

Post Fiend

With chastity on, all incoming lands would be ineffective without peasants populating them. In a stalemate situation where you can't draft under majority of the circumstances(and that you DO attack), you will be facing a diminishing army that you have no way of replenishing alone. Imagine a fixed overall population that can only shrink even by just doing regular hits. The only way you can argue that chastity ALONE does not affect you is when you're not hitting at all and sitting at max pop.
    Storms is a growth halt that is basically 67% as strong as Chastity. MS is far worse.
    Having chastity 24/7 on all your provs is unpractical given that is is only available on TMs and undeads.
    Pitfall is far worse for your army.
    Trad March generates peasants.

Which is fallacious.

Post Fiend
    You can be sarcastic until you show me a spell that can last 12hours long at 0.82 runes per acre(according to palem at least) and has a functionality comparable to complete growth halt. What I wrote there for fair comparison is just chastity itself, as if you receive ONLY chastity in wars.
    Its called STORMS

Quote Originally Posted by titanwraith View Post
    Its called STORMS
    Perfect example of why I skip your post.

Quote Originally Posted by titanwraith View Post
    Storms is a growth halt that is basically 67% as strong as Chastity. MS is far worse.
    Having chastity 24/7 on all your provs is unpractical given that is is only available on TMs and undeads.
    Pitfall is far worse for your army.
    Trad March generates peasants.

Which is fallacious.
    I don't know how you came up with that 67%. Considering that birth rates differ at different peasant amount, storms have diminished effect as it's percentage based and L&P affects birthrate when you have only storms.

Or Simply HOMES

You actually managed to draw a fixed percentage of how much Storms is better than chastity?
    Last edited by DjTeddySpin; 22-06-2011 at 23:11.

Veteran

I agree with you that it is a problem when you are at hostile/war when you have land incoming. Peasants are vital to generate income, assure you to have soldiers to build/train and to keep your BE up. But what is it that makes chastity overpowered compared to all the other options utopia gives us to peasant control? what makes chastity different from an instant effect (FB/KN/Massacres) or a duration dimishing population effect (MS, storms). All the other spells/attacks/ops will result in killing of peasants, while chastity doesnt kill them of but stops peasant growth. Is it the amount of mana it costs? Do too many races have access to it? Is it the spelldifficulty compared to other ppa control spells? Or is it something else? You still didn't explain why chastity is overpowered compared to the other forms of peasant control. I can't answer that question and therefor unless proven otherwise I don't consider it OP.

Post Fiend
    Storms:
    Avg. Duration - 12hr when cast by ATTACKERS
    Rune Cost - 544 + .544 runes per acre
    Kills 1.5% peasants daily

seems
    pretty
    damn
    comparable

gtfo

Thread Information