Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chasity OVERPOWERED

Post Fiend
    "@Hood, what're you saying sounds like BS. You make it sound like you get so much done and so easily done at that. The rune cost for what you're describing is HUGE. With 15% towers and 40% sci, it takes about 1.4 hours to get enough runes for a single MS cast. It's 2.1 hours for a single MV cast. There's no way you're throwing out MV's left and right and keeping up MS on the enemy as well as chastity. No enemy is so stupid to keep that massive an amount of runes laying around for you to steal to make that possible."

MV's are at best once a day. not much to get rid of when you're about to chain down an undead. but what you forget is rune aid and stealing. also, try 55% sci, not 40%. chastity I keep on ~8 provs at a time, MS on 4-5. obviously as war goes on and targets get chained, the people in need of MS go down and I can let the elves worry more about MS and work as a backup.

I'll be making >1ms/hr in runes for my next war. I'll probably be 1 of 2 people casting MV, one of 3 casting MS. solo chastity. will toss around a pitfalls here and there. sure I make it sound easy because I don't tell you about the constant rune stealing and looking around for stockpiles in my own kd.

Post Fiend
    I don't want to say too much on the issue, b/c my kd uses chastity as well... but I do think it is overpowered; yes.

I would like to see MV made easyier:

Nerfs fog/MS/Chastity etc. and enforces kd play / a healer role :P
    My life is better then yours.

Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    I would like to see MV made easyier:

Nerfs fog/MS/Chastity etc. and enforces kd play / a healer role :P
    Would MV be made easier then we would need a spell "Spy Magic" (Not a too fancy name!). Not knowing if your MS/Chastity/Greed got dispelled is a nuisance.

Post Fiend
    How about having L&P have same effect for chastity as NB does for plague or Storms/Droughts ?

Banned
    It's all about strategy. If a mage is attack hard with mage you make him or her even before war starts. Now from the mage side if some is taking your runes guess what take their land. That's what I did a few ages back and guess what happened they stopped opping me. 10mod is not enough if you want to be a mage. you have to run a minimum of 10wpa raw and if it were me I would run more than 10 raw. MV should cast a lot to cast and it should be hard to pull off. A powerful spell like that is not going to be something a mage should be able to do 50 times in a row. The only way to run 10raw is if you use my strategy.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quacky-T View Post
    How about having L&P have same effect for chastity as NB does for plague or Storms/Droughts ?
    I'd rather L&P work like NB to cure Riots, which have no counter. It fits perfect. Chastity isn't overpowered, it is a damaging spell just like MS/Tornadoes/etc. I would rather MV be made cheaper when used on KD mates, like 1/2 cost.

it takes around 3 weeks to get 10 raw wpa with 100% guilds at 1k acres. then around 1/3 of your pop will consist of wizzies. then u choose to run 100dpa+ and 0 thieves to let some1 aw all your wizzies or run a 10+ tpa and 0 dpa to let some1 massacre all your wizzies. in the meantime while getting r* by either thieves or bloodlusted ogres u can enjoy the pride of being able to fb another mage although your pride will get a turn every now and then as the mage will reflect back 1/4 of the fbs in your face.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cjz View Post
    it takes around 3 weeks to get 10 raw wpa with 100% guilds at 1k acres. then around 1/3 of your pop will consist of wizzies. then u choose to run 100dpa+ and 0 thieves to let some1 aw all your wizzies or run a 10+ tpa and 0 dpa to let some1 massacre all your wizzies. in the meantime while getting r* by either thieves or bloodlusted ogres u can enjoy the pride of being able to fb another mage although your pride will get a turn every now and then as the mage will reflect back 1/4 of the fbs in your face.
    Hey, no one HAS to go T/M...

Faeries could prob benefit from +1 d specs though.

Honestly, Chasity isn't over powered. People don't realize that Chasity is a high maintenance spell that has to be cast more often than say MS, especially if you are running Faery/Rogue Like I am. Also, people don't realize that there is a secondary cost to ALL spells and that is mana. Its the same amount of mana to cost Chasity as it is MS MV Tornadoes FB and LL so please consider that for some, it doesn't seem that overpowered.

mana is cheap, free, and you barely run out of it. in no way shape or form should mana cost be included in these talks as if its a spell equalizer.

Never run out? I have discussions with my KD on who I will target with which spell because I don't have an "infinite" supply of mana. And Im just trying to point out, that spells have secondary costs to which is a FINITE SUPPLY. You only get SO MANY ATTEMPTS per day. While an attacker can decrease attack times to make more hits, a mage can't decrease mana cost to make more spells.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lets Get Real View Post
    While an attacker can decrease attack times to make more hits, a mage can't decrease mana cost to make more spells.
    A flawed comparison.

I'm not sure why mana costs should be included in the argument anyways, as everyone has a finite amount of mana. Offensive spells use the same amount of mana per cast so it's the one constant, and so should NOT be included in the argument as what differentiates spells from each other (in terms of casting) is difficulty and rune cost.

Chastity is super duper cheap and easier than MS or MV.
    MS is prob 3x-4x the cost of Chastity and quite difficult to cast (less than MV).
    MV is ridiculously rune-hogging, one of the most difficult spells to cast, and isn't guaranteed to take away Chastity.

For the amount of runes that Chastity requires, it is over-powered.

"Opportunity Cost"
    LL THE BOBS!

For what it does, chastity is OP, not to mention cruel. How am I supposed maintain a healthy population if my people are as abstinent as a castrated bulldog?

Thread Information