Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chasity OVERPOWERED

CHASTITY. The name is as LAME as the spell itself! If the women won't give it to you, force it on them!

Use the self-spell: RAPE that specifically counters chastity. This is a frigging WAR game where gold and territories are at stake. There's no place for stupid vows of chastity.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Rules
    you may not post any content that is related to drugs, sex or any criminal activity
    See that there? Don't joke about rape, it's not funny.

Enthusiast
    a spell that stops all peasent growth is preety awesome, and its cheap. Raise the rune price would be fine imo
    The Elf Mystic
    Flaming stupid people since 1999

The thing is chastity's cost multiplier is only 0.7, the lowest of all offensive spells.
    If you want to keep Chastity's cost multiplier, at least make it lower the birth rate and not make it 0.
    It is too op as it is, cheap and effective.

Edit: Spell costs are modified mainly by your own land size and the cost multiplier. It is not affect by race or personality.
    Last edited by zoltix; 19-06-2011 at 01:38.

Post Fiend
    Originally Posted by Rules
    you may not post any content that is related to drugs, sex or any criminal activity

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    See that there? Don't joke about rape, it's not funny.

ERRRR, chasity HAS TO DO with sex... so???? Where you getting at? I understand rape is forced, but if game rules say no posting content that has to do with sex, chasity is in relation to sex is it not?

Post Fiend
    Chastity is pretty good; could be rebalanced by making the pop penalty not as powerful and increasing the base spell duration

you totally missed the point topwolf. rape is just not funny. dont play semantics with stuff like that.

I would vote for a reduction in spell duration. Maximum of 3hours and increase in difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by DjTeddySpin View Post
    I would vote for a reduction in spell duration. Maximum of 3hours and increase in difficulty.
    What would reduce the duration be worth for? The mana is already limited enough, having to apply that spell 8 times a day would just be troublesome.
    Increase the cost of runes by 25% if you want to change the spell instead.

Don't forget that you can counter chastity effect by kidnapping.

Quote Originally Posted by bugulu View Post
    What would reduce the duration be worth for? The mana is already limited enough, having to apply that spell 8 times a day would just be troublesome.
    Increase the cost of runes by 25% if you want to change the spell instead.

Don't forget that you can counter chastity effect by kidnapping.
    Whats the duration reduction for? For nerfing of course what else do you think its for ROFL? Are you kidding me. Yes its troublesome because its what most shell mages do, hole up and log in once every 9-12hours to cast chastity while other classes had to log in more frequently to deal with overpop or underpop. There isn't even a distinctive way to outperform another mage even if you're active, unless you have more WPA. Its the least competitive area I have ever came across in utopia where the weakest people can do a fairly decent job by building 20% guilds.

Yea chastity can be countered by kidnapping as much as overpop can be countered by hitting more and getting more lands. It's equivalent to saying you just need to work 59hours a day so you can buy a house.... wait what? Of course you don't undermine it's OPness just because you had a less effective way to counter it.

And I bet you're someone who uses chastity a lot. Deal with it, the only people who defends this crazy spell are the ones who uses them at the moment and possibly never been on the receiving end.
    Last edited by DjTeddySpin; 20-06-2011 at 06:58.

Quote Originally Posted by DjTeddySpin View Post
    Whats the duration reduction for? For nerfing of course what else do you think its for ROFL? Are you kidding me. Yes its troublesome because its what most shell mages do, hole up and log in once every 9-12hours to cast chastity while other classes had to log in more frequently to deal with overpop or underpop. There isn't even a distinctive way to outperform another mage even if you're active, unless you have more WPA. Its the least competitive area I have ever came across in utopia where the weakest people can do a fairly decent job by building 20% guilds.

Yea chastity can be countered by kidnapping as much as overpop can be countered by hitting more and getting more lands. It's equivalent to saying you just need to work 59hours a day so you can buy a house.... wait what? Of course you don't undermine it's OPness just because you had a less effective way to counter it.

And I bet you're someone who uses chastity a lot. Deal with it, the only people who defends this crazy spell are the ones who uses them at the moment and possibly never been on the receiving end.
    Seeing as you are a fan of jumping to conclusions, I bet you are one of those that got chastitied badly in a war and had no way of recovering due to running a sub 2 modded TPA on this thievery friendly age.
    The only people who wants Chastity nerfed are people who couldn't find a way of handling the 0 peasant growth. See what I did there?

Nonetheless, I don't understand what you mean with this:

"Yes its troublesome because its what most shell mages do, hole up and log in once every 9-12hours to cast chastity while other classes had to log in more frequently to deal with overpop or underpop. There isn't even a distinctive way to outperform another mage even if you're active, unless you have more WPA."

So what you are saying is that those who play mages never risk of getting overpopped/underpopped. And you want them to log in 3 hours every day just to refresh a spell, I don't see A/T having to log in 8 times a day, nor does an attacker have to log in 8 times a day.
    And what do you mean with outperform unless you have more WPA? Clearly if you want to be a better mage than someone else, you should also have higher mod WPA all things equal.

And kidnapping is a perfect operation to counter chastity, unlike Greed or Meteor Showers which can't be countered in any way unless you get MV:ed.

And for your information, I play as a halfling and I have been on the receiving end plenty of times.

I am all up for increasing the amount of runes it cost so it's less of a spammy spell.
    Last edited by bugulu; 20-06-2011 at 11:40.

This isn't about 'Is there a counter/what is a good counter for chastity' This is about whether chastity is op or not.
    Here is what happened to me:
    March 22 of YR10 Meteors rain across our lands, and are not expected to stop for 12 days.
    March 22 of YR10 A massive fireball crashed into our lands and killed 640 peasants!
    March 22 of YR10 A massive fireball crashed into our lands and killed 529 peasants!
    March 23 of YR10 Meteors rain across the lands and kill 267 peasants and 158 Zombies!
    March 23 of YR10 The womenfolk's vow of chastity is preventing any population growth for 7 days!
    March 23 of YR10 A massive fireball crashed into our lands and killed 560 peasants!
    March 23 of YR10 A massive fireball crashed into our lands and killed 470 peasants!
    March 23 of YR10 A massive fireball crashed into our lands and killed 425 peasants!
    March 23 of YR10 A massive fireball crashed into our lands and killed 438 peasants!
    March 23 of YR10 A massive fireball crashed into our lands and killed 455 peasants!
    March 23 of YR10 A massive fireball crashed into our lands and killed 376 peasants!
    March 23 of YR10 A massive fireball crashed into our lands and killed 388 peasants!

Even if i were able to kidnap some peasants back, the 0 population growth would mean that another wave of fb can easily counter my kidnap.
    This means no economic recovery for next 7 hours and no drafting. Negative income if you have a large army and there's nothing you can do.
    7 hours later i got:
    April 6 of YR10 The womenfolk's vow of chastity is preventing any population growth for 6 days!
    and this can go on forever

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Get a kdmate to MV you.

And claiming that kidnapping pezzies isn't a defense against chastity is like saying retaling isn't a defense for attacking because they can just attack you back.

You kidnap.
    They FB
    You kidnap again.

What if i put it this way:
    One spell can completely stop my economic growth.
    Is there a spell that can resume my economic growth?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yea, Mystic Vortex...

Thread Information