Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Got him :)

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

I can't celebrate death but I'll celebrate life.
    Last edited by goodlilwitch; 02-05-2011 at 23:58.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlilwitch View Post
    "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

You can celebrate the fact that a purveyor of hate got silenced and that because some form of consequence was served to him for his actions, it will give pause to others who might be tempted to follow in his steps.

Hopefully, the world will be at least a little bit better for his absence in it. Its a sad statement to make about someone, but he made his choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Magn View Post
    You can celebrate the fact that a purveyor of hate got silenced and that because some form of consequence was served to him for his actions, it will give pause to others who might be tempted to follow in his steps.

Hopefully, the world will be at least a little bit better for his absence in it. Its a sad statement to make about someone, but he made his choices.
    *nods* I can do that. I agree, I've no doubt the world is better without him.

Post Fiend
    I just want to point out that there is a multitude of evidence, including the photo released today, that Osama died in 2003, and that the photo/evidence wasn't released until 2010.

Look it up for yourself.

Post Fiend
    If you understand anything about the Islamic world would know that just wouldn't be true. In the parlance of that world being killed is a point to be celebrated (martyred) and it would be unheard off to hide things like that.

The fact is those of his ideological ilk will use his death as a point to sell their ideology and attempt to use it as a recruiting tool (weather or not its effective is another story). Hell I've also already heard some conspiracy theory people claiming this is just a US spin and he isn't actually dead. If you want to doubt the claims of the US or pretend that he was already dead simply look at whats being said in the Islamic world (they are not disputing this, in fact they are agreeing that he has been killed by the US).

Post Fiend
    I would have to respectfully disagree with you. Research it for yourself and you will find the same.

Googling info released by people you do not know and cannot verify personally is not research!
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

You guys got it all wrong!
    http://www.break.com/index/fox-news-...s-dead-2053399

But seriously, Bin Laden should have had his day in court just like the Nazi leaders after WWII. His death was murder by international standards. Having said that, I'm glad he's no longer around to organize mass murder.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by goodlilwitch View Post

http://news.yahoo.com/s/atlantic/201...bituaries37279

Excerpt: Meanwhile, Megan McArdle at The Atlantic cast a skeptical eye on yesterday's other big anti-jubilation quote. This one--"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy"--has been attributed to Martin Luther King, Jr., but as far as McArdle can tell, King never said it, or said anything like it. Her conclusion? "Someone made up a quote, attributed it to MLK Jr, and disseminated it widely, all within 24 hours ... Perhaps they only wanted to say this thing, and knew that no one would pay attention unless it came from someone else."

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    But seriously, Bin Laden should have had his day in court just like the Nazi leaders after WWII. His death was murder by international standards. Having said that, I'm glad he's no longer around to organize mass murder.
    I might agree with you except for the whole shooting back thing... Capturing him alive was not worth one American lost life in that firefight because they were worried about killing him.
    Last edited by DHaran; 03-05-2011 at 14:46.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I might agree with you except for the whole shooting back thing... Capturing him alive was not worth one American lost life in that firefight because they were worried about killing him.
    You might have had a point except for one little detail: The mission was to kill Bin Laden and dump his corpse. Capturing him alive was never an option. Obama and his buddies watching the live snuff movie doesn't help their legal position either.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

You might have had a point except for one little detail: The mission was to kill Bin Laden and dump his corpse. Capturing him alive was never an option. Obama and his buddies watching the live snuff movie doesn't help their legal position either.
    Are you just making things up as you go along?

Briefing reporters at the White House Monday, Obama’s counterterrorism adviser John Brennan said the special-ops team that went into the compound was prepared to take bin Laden alive, but he resisted. A woman - one of bin Laden’s many wives - was used as a human shield for bin Laden during the firefight, and was killed, Brennan said.
    Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1LJPpi2Oj
    S E C R E T S

Are you just making things up as you go along?]
    Not Really
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7417S920110503
    and
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7413H220110502

Excerpts:

"This was a kill operation," one of the officials said.

"If he had waved a white flag of surrender, he would have been taken alive," the official added. But the operating assumption among the U.S. raiders, he added, was that bin Laden would put up a fight -- which he did.

Brennan said the commandos were prepared to capture bin Laden alive, but they knew that was a remote possibility.

"If we had the opportunity to take bin Laden alive, if he didn't present any threat, the individuals involved were able and prepared to do that," Brennan told reporters.

"The concern was that bin Laden would oppose any type of capture operation. Indeed, he did. It was a firefight. He, therefore, was killed in that firefight, and that's when the remains were removed."
    S E C R E T S

http://news.yahoo.com/s/atlantic/201...bituaries37279

Excerpt: Meanwhile, Megan McArdle at The Atlantic cast a skeptical eye on yesterday's other big anti-jubilation quote. This one--"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy"--has been attributed to Martin Luther King, Jr., but as far as McArdle can tell, King never said it, or said anything like it. Her conclusion? "Someone made up a quote, attributed it to MLK Jr, and disseminated it widely, all within 24 hours ... Perhaps they only wanted to say this thing, and knew that no one would pay attention unless it came from someone else."
    Apologies. I misquoted.

I only found that because as a rebuttal I was going to post the Mark Twain quote saying "I never wished a man to die, but have on occasion read obituaries with great satisfaction" or something along those lines, only to find the same for him, that he never said it lol.
    S E C R E T S

Thread Information