Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a person who used to play UTOPIA

a person who used to play UTOPIA

hi,

i am a hardcore player who used to play utopia long time ago...stop some years
    until now...

hope to try back...

[B]which game is the official utopia?
    http://utopia-game.com

or

<link to some bad clone removed>

is this game dying?
    so few person playing...the layout is just not user friendly...

how to change kingdom btw T_T
    Last edited by Bishop; 08-06-2011 at 22:19.

utopia-game.com is the official game, purchased by Jolt Online Gaming from Mehul a few years ago. Revolution is one of a few clones or similar games that are floating around.

The game has been in a steady decline for some time now, but seems to be kind of holding at it's present level. The devs who now run the game are trying to bring it back to life. The layout change happened when the new owners moved the game from Mehul's old code to a new one. It takes some getting used to if you are accustomed to the old design. Basically it's the same tho, with a few nice new features like ingame chat.

Check the Recruiting Boards for kingdoms looking for people, and check the wiki guide for other info.
    Last edited by DHaran; 08-06-2011 at 18:45.
    S E C R E T S

OIC....

i wish to play the game, but my kingdom only have 4 person...inactive...

ya, saw the in-game chat, which is great...

in what kds did you play Jonathan?
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Trading in players is allowed now so be sure to check out the recruitment boards if you're looking for a more competitive kingdom.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    The game is now very much stable and worth playing. We just need the game to be advertised now and we should have more people join up. It would be good if a lot of old players return though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Scottish View Post
    The game is now very much stable and worth playing. We just need the game to be advertised now and we should have more people join up. It would be good if a lot of old players return though :P
    Not stable enough but it might soon be.

The tick needs to be removed, kd pages must update more often, some races needs a bit more fine-tuning.

But for sure worth playing atm! =)
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

I also started playing recently after a long break and it was confusing early on to get a hang of things. (like where did cb go? and where is the old guide? and hey does anyone want to play supermage with me?) But all those questions were answered and I got used to everything pretty quickly.

I kind of like the current layout now. Welcome back to the game. Have fun.
    - "He's kinda awesome..."

Anri, that is a good point that you made and I agree with you completely. It would be great if the tick was removed the and the kd page updated a lot quicker, or instantly. Ive always felt the races are a losing battle in terms of, trying to keep most people happy. I would say that all the races are playable which is the most important thing.... yes? no?

On a side note, it is great to see previous players returning as well, I hope that more do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Scottish View Post
    Anri, that is a good point that you made and I agree with you completely. It would be great if the tick was removed the and the kd page updated a lot quicker, or instantly. Ive always felt the races are a losing battle in terms of, trying to keep most people happy. I would say that all the races are playable which is the most important thing.... yes? no?

On a side note, it is great to see previous players returning as well, I hope that more do so.
    I don't see the tick being removed with the current code. Updating provinces is done in a radically different way now and I don't expect them to change it back in the next couple of year unless Utopia starts making a hell of a lot of dough.
    Updating the kingdom page more often should be a lot easier. For that matter, including province net worth in SoTs might be a good alternative.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

I played in 2003 maybe 2004 , and then left, and started back again 2 ages ago,i found a completely different game in some ways, and i really like it more than before, its way more flexible now if you ask me, you can play any race you want and kick azz if you know what youre doing.

one thing that made me leave was that it was sooooo slow, at the worst of my addiction to the game many years ago and having a computer next to me, i could be logged in at all times, and it was so boring because there was nothing i could do ,

Now if i want to i can play an avian warrior and attack every 5.5 hours if i want, you can play super fast or you can play super slow the game got way better in my humble opinon than how it was before.

Ive had great fun so far utopia rules
    - Get the best out of your gameplay, go 45% homes minimum .
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    7 out f 7 war wins age 50 guarantees.
    High homes = good

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gojete View Post
    I played in 2003 maybe 2004 , and then left, and started back again 2 ages ago,i found a completely different game in some ways, and i really like it more than before, its way more flexible now if you ask me, you can play any race you want and kick azz if you know what youre doing.

one thing that made me leave was that it was sooooo slow, at the worst of my addiction to the game many years ago and having a computer next to me, i could be logged in at all times, and it was so boring because there was nothing i could do ,

Now if i want to i can play an avian warrior and attack every 5.5 hours if i want, you can play super fast or you can play super slow the game got way better in my humble opinon than how it was before.

Ive had great fun so far utopia rules
    Errrmmm, you could play Avian attacker and have 6 hour attack time before, too. They haven't really made any changes in that aspect, it all depends on your build strat, race/personality selection, and your targets (Are you in war, do they have Fog, etc.)

I use to play utopia about 8 years ago.
    I was wondering what happened to swirve and other games like earth 2025 and read everything on wiki.

Can't believe this game is still alive, and I'm glad it is.
    And its already at age 50!! good stuff

Post Fiend
    The tick needs to go at some point. Maybe speed the game up abit would make it interesting...

punk, speed it up in terms of?? attack times?

its already a lot quicker, people can play hyper active if the need/want too and there is quite a lot of versatility in that regard.... or did you mean something else?

Thread Information