Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a person who used to play UTOPIA

woooohooo pronbot

|||| Cthulhu in 2012 ||||
    ::: why choose the lesser evil :::

Post Fiend
    The ticking.. speed it up. Instead of every hour, maybe every half hour or 45 minutes.

If you change the ticking speed then they have to change the time system, the day month and year. Also the recovery and attack time ratio. Ticking is one of the basis of the game, if you change it, the game will become completely different, not just faster in pace.

Forum Addict
    15 min ticks could be funny on a seperate server but I wouldn't want to try to compete with someone investing their time 24/7 into utopia.

Not a good idea for the main server, hyperactivity is rewarding enough already. :P

At least with one hour ticks you're forced to do something else in between because idling for 59 mins for the next tick is too boring (for example idle in IRC o.O).

Please don't change ticking times. I do like to sleep from time to time. Just occasionally, mind you :P
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Sleeping is overated. You can do plenty of that when you're dead :-P

I'm curious about someone who used to play in...2001? His ruler name was always Alexx (that's right, with 2 Xs). Unfortunately I don't have much else to give you because I dunno if he ever went by his real name so this is a long shot lol.

Don't speed the game up, it will separate the casuals from the hardcode too much and will also ruin the dynamics of the game. ATM, I can login 2-3 times a day, make my attacks, builds and whatever else. It does not interfere too much with my working day or when I go home.
    If you want a fast action game, go get COD, this is supposed to be a realtime based strategy game. Having too wait another 5 hours before you can attack again is part of the tension, worrying about retals while your leets are out, planning your next strike...etc. All part of the fun of the game.

Thread Information