Thread: Counter to Chastity

Veteran

Counter to Chastity

Chastity isn't overpowered all the time, but in the right hands it's very strong. I think there should be some kind of counter for the spell. Casting MV on kd-mates who have it is not a good enuf measure. So, my suggestion is that when Love and Peace is active, that province is immune to Chastity. This allows opponents to still put the spell on certain provinces (MV + Chast) but prevents them from spamming a whole kd with spell.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I think it just needs a nice rune cost increase. It's too easy to spam it on people currently. One of my kd mates got a 3 hour chastity so the other kd was kind enough to recast it in the same hour to get a 5 hour one. The spell is dirt cheap, and it shouldn't be.

Postaholic
    I think those are BOTH valid points and support them. :p

(Another I agree moment without contributing anything new other than my opinion).

Veteran
    Kidnappings counters chastity :)

people constantly complain about chastity and fog

1) make mv easier and both spells become less effective
    2) chastity has a really low rune cost it should be close to MS in rune cost, although i do think the difficulty is ok, its nice to be able to cast it without requiring a province that is magic dedicated to do it...
    My life is better then yours.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    people constantly complain about chastity and fog

1) make mv easier and both spells become less effective
    2) chastity has a really low rune cost it should be close to MS in rune cost, although i do think the difficulty is ok, its nice to be able to cast it without requiring a province that is magic dedicated to do it...
    Chastity duration is shorter than MS, so its cost more than its look, though I admit it still cheaper than MS rune cost even taking duration into account. Of course then there mana, which I am sure Chastity consumes lots considering its short duration.

To nerf it, I won't add Chastity runes cost, but change it from total 0 birth rates to like -80%. At least L&P would have a small effect then.

Thread Information