Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia Forums News Team

I would gladly head up a news section on "ghettos" warring or even just attempting to build a kd with a random group of people. It's a hard task and it requires a surprising amount of effort to achieve real kd growth in this game when recruiting for low level. I find it interesting. Also I enjoy reading "who are these ghettos" in every news story
    My life is better then yours.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    So, we have...

DHaran (maybe)
    Mad Scottish
    Me
    goodz

Any more other takers?

I would love to but only knowing my ghetto I wont have much to talk about.
    apart from when will the energy WD. As we kick ass all* the time.
    all the master (can I change this back yet bishop)

Quote Originally Posted by gojete View Post
    Most of the free time I used was to write crap here in the forums.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Well this would give you a chance to branch out and talk to other players in ghettos =]. As long as you aren't covering any "holier than thou" players you really don't need to be well connected or anything lol.

I'd still like to find one or two more people to cover the lower end of the game, but you guys can start fishing for/writing stories.

I might be able to find some time to help with this.
    I can readily cover the regular warring kingdoms group.. Those that grow basically only during war, and get 5+ wars per age.
    Since I already know a bunch of the guys in these kingdoms (being in one myself) it should not prove that difficult to get their News and commentary from each side.

The problem is, I work 60 hours a week, so actually finding enough time to write nice articles could prove problematic.
    I'm aspiring to conspire.
    01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011
    00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

I'm interested. Seems like it could be fun.
    Edit: I love writing so I'd be interested in both sides of it. So either way, reading or writing lol.
    Edit too: I kind of agree with goodz. The whole building from scratch thing is something I find very intriguing. It is how most KDs got started in the first place, after all, and we have several small KDs trying to do just that. There's also a lot of other things here that could be news-worthy, and I'd want to explore that as well.
    Last edited by goodlilwitch; 24-06-2011 at 05:23. Reason: clarity + more

I don't think I'd have time for it, but I would certainly read it often. I find the Utopia diplomacy so interesting.

Mad_Scottish, I don't know how you have time to run an alliance and a kingdom! I feel like I barely have time to run my ghetto kingdom. :-P

Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    Knowing when you can be on and what not helps a lot. I fit it around my schedule, rugby and gym etc. I just refuse to let it get in the way. If it has too, ie a war, im monarch so I alter my plans but i still fit it around my schedule 90% of the time and you just have to be happy with it. Alliances work in a lot of different ways, running one is fairly easy in terms of the fact that you dont have to be on all day everyday in order for it to be alright. There are various people that help keep things going and deal with issues as they arise. More than anything else though, I am so used to it that I wouldnt know what to do with myself if I wasnt a monarch or alliance leader lol

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    They don't just have to be war articles. You can write about whatever you think is news worthy. If people like it, it'll get support. If people don't like it, we'll scrap it.

Nobody - If you could gather up the story (interviews, CE, ect), I'm sure someone would be willing to finish it off and write up the article for you.

So let's see...we have:
    DHaran (maybe)
    Mad Scottish
    goodz
    me
    Nobody (maybe)
    goodlilwitch

Seems like a good enough starting point for me to get started, as long as DHaran and Nobody can give a little more solid commitment.

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    People can always message one of us if they feel we should cover something, that way it broadens our scope a bit.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Haha, that's what I've been thinking about the whole time!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    So I'm thinking...

Top coverage
    DHaran (maybe)
    Mad Scottish

Mid coverage
    me
    Nobody

Ghetto coverage
    goodz
    goodlilwitch

It should also go without saying, only unbiased stories. Don't write a story about your kd. If you think it's news worthy, ask someone else to write a piece on it.

As Mad Scottish said, if anyone sees something news worthy going on and thinks it should be covered, message someone and we'll see if we can/want to cover it. Preferable message someone in the appropriate tier.

Also, make sure you're working on different stories. If anyone's got any questions, be sure to ask...

Veteran
    I really like the idea. Good luck guys !

Veteran
    Biased stories would be better imo. Get a writer for each side of the arguement. Cuz even when people try to be unbiased, they cannot help to be at least a little. So write 2 versions, with biased (but not lies) influences.

Thread Information