Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia Forums News Team

I could help out, again i dont know how much writing i actually want to do but i could help edit or basically just anything that needs done short of being responsible for writing the article (although in a pinch id love to help with that)

I hate to back out on this but I just got a new job (and by "just" I mean today) so I don't have the time to write like I thought I would :/

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    Thats a shame atm, there isnt much going on in terms of wars, but loads of other little things happening.

It is! I was excited about this lol.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    =\, that's alright though. Lot's of people are interested in helping.

Might get a hold of Katje, she said she was willing to help out...

Also, my story is done, but I'm waiting for someone to proof read through it.

PM it to me Palem.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It's too long to PM it. Can I email it to you?

Check your PM. Also, just an FYI, I am not concerned with PERFECT articles. IMO that was one of the issues with uTimes, they expected wayyyy too much from people who were volunteering. I will do quick edits to fix major errors that I see, I will not however spend hours on articles to catch every single mistake As long as the readers will understand it I am satisfied.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    That's fine, but when I write up articles I have a tendency to write things that sound perfectly fine to me, but in all reality don't make any sense, or least, very little sense lol

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    That's fine, but when I write up articles I have a tendency to write things that sound perfectly fine to me, but in all reality don't make any sense, or least, very little sense lol
    I totally understand that lol.
    Last edited by goodlilwitch; 27-06-2011 at 22:30.

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Check your PM. Also, just an FYI, I am not concerned with PERFECT articles. IMO that was one of the issues with uTimes, they expected wayyyy too much from people who were volunteering. I will do quick edits to fix major errors that I see, I will not however spend hours on articles to catch every single mistake As long as the readers will understand it I am satisfied.
    And after saying that, I turned Palem's article into something that resembles Larry Sellers social studies homework from The Big Lebowski, lol. Palem keep in mind when you get this email you can tell me to F off and just go with your original! :P

http://andrewsidea.files.wordpress.c...p-14628159.png <-- for you ppl who don't get the Lebowski thing, haha.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    lol thanks DHaran. I'll post my story up tomorrow to let Mad's story get some attention.

Apparently the 2 kingdoms I spoke with about getting their news and commentary are not so forthcoming.

oh well.. I'll rummage up something else, eventually.

Too bad I can't report on our wars, because it would be considered biased, but, Palem, I might toss you the news and some transcripts assuming we can get a war.
    I'm aspiring to conspire.
    01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011
    00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Regular
    I don't have the desire to write articles, but if anyone does need an editor/proofreader, let me know and I can handle that part. Also, I honestly think that articles should be posted as they are finished. There really isn't a lot of reason to wait until the news is old to run a story (If a newspaper just today decided to run a story on Osama Bin Laden being killed, it would seem a bit foolish)

I think (most of) the readers on these forums are big boys and girls and can handle reading a couple of articles a day

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    @ Nobody - You can do that. The only thing I was working on was my story for tomorrow.

@ LL - I just finished my article today, and there's no way it was being posted without a good proof reading lol. Nobody's going to give it a look over as well and then I'll be posting the article when I wake up tomorrow. There isn't too much delay.

Also, the reason it would seem foolish for a newspaper to run a story on Bin Laden being killed is because people have already gotten that news. People haven't gotten the news we're delivering lol (other than the people involved...)

Thread Information