Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Utopia Forums News Team

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    @ Nobody - You can do that. The only thing I was working on was my story for tomorrow.

@ LL - I just finished my article today, and there's no way it was being posted without a good proof reading lol. Nobody's going to give it a look over as well and then I'll be posting the article when I wake up tomorrow. There isn't too much delay.

Also, the reason it would seem foolish for a newspaper to run a story on Bin Laden being killed is because people have already gotten that news. People haven't gotten the news we're delivering lol (other than the people involved...)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLyra View Post
    I don't have the desire to write articles, but if anyone does need an editor/proofreader, let me know and I can handle that part. Also, I honestly think that articles should be posted as they are finished. There really isn't a lot of reason to wait until the news is old to run a story (If a newspaper just today decided to run a story on Osama Bin Laden being killed, it would seem a bit foolish)

I think (most of) the readers on these forums are big boys and girls and can handle reading a couple of articles a day
    I can do this too

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    @ Nobody - You can do that. The only thing I was working on was my story for tomorrow.

@ LL - I just finished my article today, and there's no way it was being posted without a good proof reading lol. Nobody's going to give it a look over as well and then I'll be posting the article when I wake up tomorrow. There isn't too much delay.

Also, the reason it would seem foolish for a newspaper to run a story on Bin Laden being killed is because people have already gotten that news. People haven't gotten the news we're delivering lol (other than the people involved...)
    So, if a plane crashed in your city/town, and it took a week for a newspaper/TV station to cover it, it wouldn't be an issue, as long as no one else had covered it first?

I understand about wanting it proof read first, and I can definitely respect that, as the LAST thing I want is sloppy articles that turn readers off or make no logical sense. I was just saying that if you have a story and are happy with it, to please go ahead and post it at the earliest possible time. Even if it's the only news article on that issue, it's still annoying for things to be late. EVE Online does that a lot, too. They will post events when you login that are written as a current event, but are literally, days old. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but it really is, when a few hours can change things entirely.

Anyway, no complaints from me, and I apologize if I was misunderstood. Keep up the good posting

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    No worries. Thoughts and concerns are always taken seriously, no matter how large they are =]

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    The war articles tend to be written when the war is already over or nearly over, with info coming from those kingdoms after their war is finished. So by an unfortunate default, the news is already old but I agree with you in terms of the fact that, if the article is ready and acceptable to go out, then get it posted!

fine ill write
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    The SOP: interview a leader from both kingdoms, write a draft telling an unbiased story of a conflict, present the draft to the leaders for approval or content editing, get approval of final draft from both leaders, edit, publish.
    LOL, looks like someone has no idea how media works.

Veteran
    yea cuz guys who play utopia and update the community on the happenings within utopia are 'media'. go back to your rock

@coboss - ultimately he was basially putting the overall process into a nutshell.... (cant believe im defending Dharan) Also Coboss, that is basically what happens when you publish articles anyway. I dont know what other process you are expecting mate.

@brado - LOL love the reply! +1

"the means of communication, as radio and television, newspapers, and magazines, that reach or influence people widely"

Means: news articles
    People influenced: this entire forum

btw, all those that stated interest, please read your PMs.

Regular
    Can I just say that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the 2 WAR articles published so far! I signed up just to post this but thank you to all the people involved and looking forward to reading some more of them soon! Also interested in reading about wars with smaller KD's involved

Quote Originally Posted by Drengi View Post
    Can I just say that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the 2 WAR articles published so far! I signed up just to post this but thank you to all the people involved and looking forward to reading some more of them soon! Also interested in reading about wars with smaller KD's involved
    That's the idea :P Hope you stick around!
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by Drengi View Post
    ^5!

Still need all of them to come on irc so we can coordinate a bit better

Thread Information