Thread: Get me out of here!!

Postaholic

Get me out of here!!

My monarch is currently going dictator style and saying what builds we can run and that Pimp is required to be updated constantly, etc...

Got a more laid back kd where the players get to do their own builds and choose which 3rd party tools they use?

Defect into a ghetto.

or join doa or fury

Postaholic
    I'll see who wants me, in the meantime I'll stay put and build up. :)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You should look at joining goodz' kd. Might be a good learning experience if you're serious about going for a crown some day.

*raises her hand*

Enthusiast
    My kd would take you, but we're kinda ghetto. Give a shout if interested ;)

Postaholic
    I told goodlilwitch I'd give her place a try, but maybe age after next if I feel like shaking things up later on. ;)

Postaholic
    Due to intrakd pressure/being told he's screwing up, my monarch destroyed pimp... how awesome...

Regular
    Dictator style is the only way to really develop as a kd in Utopia. If you leave players to decide what they do and what they use, you'll never get anywhere as a kd. Build strats and attack times will be all over the place, you'll suffer when in any kind of conflict because you won't be working together properly, and eventually the kd will fall apart and start to lose players because you never achieve anything as a kingdom, leading to a high turnover of players which just exacerbates the the situation.

So to summarise, if your after a kd that's not going to worry about coordination at all, then ghettos are for you.

Postaholic
    I never said not to worry about coordination.
    I have asked people if they want a build analysis as monarch myself, when they say yes, I give them one. If you/your monarch were to tell you EXACTLY what build you HAVE to build, what DR to set, what troops to train, etc. like I was dealing with, you may as well have them sit your prov and quit playing entirely (Which someone in the kd with me said on the forums, actually).

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaman5 View Post
    Dictator style is the only way to really develop as a kd in Utopia. If you leave players to decide what they do and what they use, you'll never get anywhere as a kd. Build strats and attack times will be all over the place, you'll suffer when in any kind of conflict because you won't be working together properly, and eventually the kd will fall apart and start to lose players because you never achieve anything as a kingdom, leading to a high turnover of players which just exacerbates the the situation.

So to summarise, if your after a kd that's not going to worry about coordination at all, then ghettos are for you.
    Three top 10 rounds as a kingdom, and 7-8 top 100 rounds as a province would have to disagree with that statement. Certainly, never finished #1 as a kingdom/province (That one Genesis round where we finished #1 kingdom probably doesn't count, because there were several players that got traded in.)

You don't need to have every detail dictated to you to be successful. Truth be told, that generally ends up to the detriment of the kingdom eventually, as no one learns how to actually run their own provinces, and the minute the guy running the show disappears, the kingdom crashes to the ground.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Why not count that age? Not including it means that every crown up until trading was legalized doesn't count, but hey, I'm up for that.

Thread Information