Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Halfling a/t

Regular

Halfling a/t

I wish to go at next age and although i know there will be changes am pretty conflicted on personality choice. i know Rogue will make me a significantly better thief. but Warrior or Cleric would be a boost to the halflings somewhat weaker attacking capabilities. so my question is, overall in a 20 province KD that wars around 6 times per age. which combo would overall be most effective as an a/t and what are the Pros and Cons of each combo.

.ps PLEASE dont go into arguments about homes vs not, or this building vs that one. once i decided a personality ill work on a build.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Warrior is useless for halfer. You get a better military losses bonus off Cleric and you don't need the speed bonus because of QF.

Halfer/Cleric turns the Halfer's weakness into a bit of a strength. If you aren't active enough to manage your losses, this is a good choice.

Halfer/Rogue plays to the halfer's strength, which I always recommend. Using a personality to cover a racial weakness is typically a waste of a personality whereas going Rogue takes the Halfer's thieving abilities and shoots it to the moon. This is the better choice is you're more comfortable managing the Halfer's losses.

Postaholic
    You could always try to shake it up a bit and go avian rogue...

If you want the tried and true method, go Elf/Rogue or Half/Cleric.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestermenot View Post
    yea or you could go human/merchant...Comeon, has asking for HALFLING a/t. he prolly knows there is other race's in the game.

Postaholic
    Or you could go Orc/Tactician (seriously though, I thought it was funny...) but I did say my vote was Halfling/Cleric for halfer race...

Regular
    So spent the age as an Undead/Tactician and did pretty damn well. now for next age am looking into possibly going Halfer / Rogue, but managing things like offensive losses (i play army in/army out) are definitely a concern. currently i am considering a build like:

10 homes
    5 farms
    10 banks
    15 tg
    15 rax
    10 guilds
    7 towers
    20 TD's
    3 dungeons
    5 more tg's or stables.

thoughts? advice? should i just stay pure attacker with ud/tact?

Quote Originally Posted by Pestermenot View Post

If you want the tried and true method, go Elf/Rogue or Half/Cleric.

if elf/rogue is tried and true for a/t, then how come i'm the only person around who admits to playing one ?
    there are 44 elf/rogues in the game currently, and I know for a fact that at least 30 of them are dedicated TMs.

@spamely
    depends on how serious of a thief you decide you want to play as. I would suggest Halfer/rogue, and try to abuse propaganda to cover losses during war. Plus you have cheap thieves and cheap elites, so the only real problem is getting troops.... which can be done by proping the cleric provs that get hit (for soldiers) or guys with troops home (attempt for elites) or target strong attackers with troops out (for dspecs). Along with other duties such as riots and possible intel gathering. Throw in some NS to soften targets up for others in your kingdom, and hit down against the chain targets and you should be fine.

Halfer/cleric is a solid choice, but that is more for someone who is planning to play a more serious attacker role, than a serious thief role.
    I'm aspiring to conspire.
    01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011
    00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

I think some of it depends on your kingdom's war strategy. There are kd's that try to go for long wars, there are kd's that do a quick 48hr war, and pull out.
    Halfling/rogue plays indeed on it's strength, but it is mainly good for the first 48hrs of war only. After that, you can feel the losses. Military % drops signifficantly even if you do not get hit by enemy. All it takes them is to keep MS&Chast on you. Even doing some propaganda (catching enemy undeads with army home), does not help repopulate fast enough. I was a Ha/Ro this age.
    I would recommend Ha/Cl for longer wars, and Ha/Ro for shorter ones (as if you could always control that, eh...)

Quote Originally Posted by spamely View Post
    So spent the age as an Undead/Tactician and did pretty damn well. now for next age am looking into possibly going Halfer / Rogue, but managing things like offensive losses (i play army in/army out) are definitely a concern. currently i am considering a build like:

10 homes
    5 farms
    10 banks
    15 tg
    15 rax
    10 guilds
    7 towers
    20 TD's
    3 dungeons
    5 more tg's or stables.

thoughts? advice? should i just stay pure attacker with ud/tact?
    I would build some stables. Maybe take away 2 TD and build 7 stables and switch 10 homes over to hospitals. If your economy allows it(but i know its risky), also convert 10 banks over to forts(gs if you are going to get chained) in war in the later part of the game when you have good sciences.
    Last edited by DjTeddySpin; 13-07-2011 at 09:44.

Quote Originally Posted by DjTeddySpin View Post
    I would build some stables. Maybe take away 2 TD and build 7 stables and switch 10 homes over to hospitals.
    Halflings don't get hospitals
    Tis a dog world out there, eat or be eaten, drink or be drunk.
    Enjoy every minute. There's plenty of time to be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Palar View Post
    Halflings don't get hospitals
    ah thanks for correcting me, i was typing out the strat off the top of my head I forgot about that one.

Im using a halfling rogue right now, and the losses are high, the crap offense 5 elites make it one of the crapiest attackres in all times. I take a lot of intel , do single,. sometimes double tap leaving less than 40 dpa suicide sometimes .

If you really want to go halfling heavy attacker id go cleric all the way .
    If you want to do sneak attacks as a halfling/rogue have no less than 5 raw tpa, with maxed thieves dens .

I dont think a halfling cleric can attack that much anyway, maybe with 25%- 30% barracks you could do something interesting and 20% thieves dens. You dont get propaganda though.

I foud out tha tpropaganda is your friend but one has to know how to use it.
    Its not as a target you want to damage, but as aa recovery tool.

I did proprs on an elf and got tons os wizards. But he had all def specs not even soldiers . So i failed a few times, and the one that succeded maybe 30% my theives came back with nothing.

On the other hand i did props on a human that had all his troops home. I took l33ts, thieves, soldiers. But the highest gains were with specs and thieves.
    I never get to propaganda much elites.
    - Get the best out of your gameplay, go 45% homes minimum .
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    7 out f 7 war wins age 50 guarantees.
    High homes = good

halfers elites are 6 offense.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

busted!

Regular

Halfer / Cleric

So it looks like i will be going halfer cleric. my reasoning is that i really do not want to deal with the massive military losses. warrior's ambush protection goes entirely to waste on a halfling... so off the top of my head i think that i will run something like.

7 homes
    8 farms
    10 banks
    20 tg's
    10 rax
    10 guilds
    6.5 towers
    20 td's
    4 stables
    1.5 dungeons

thoughts?

Thread Information