Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to Utopia, you guys killed it!

What happened to Utopia, you guys killed it!

I am at 3.5k acres and I'm getting railed at by people with well over 3k acres sometimes 6k acres. Im trying to stick with my KD which cannot possibly retal these people. They are by and large suiciding on me but there is nothing I or anyone in my KD can do about it simply because of their sheer size. I have posted to other kd's about their suicides on me but even if those who suicided on me get hit more and more just keep following up.

I have almost 70% of my pop drafted into defence as an elf, about 2.5 tpa/wpa and only like 5k offence(I had a lot more originally but it was pointless because I was getting hit so bad...now after only 5k elites I get hit a lot less but still almost 1-2 times every few days.....I can't possibly grow like this and its not even remotely fun).

I came back this age after several years of taking a break. But I'm pretty sure back then it was almost pointless to hit someone SO enormously below or above your own network. Why did this change? This bottom feeding on my providence is making me want to quit as there is literary nothing I can do about it.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You're at 3.5k acres, have 5k offense, are significantly larger than the rest of your kd and you think there's nothing you can do about not getting bottomfed on?

^fix all those things I just outlined.

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    The % on gains hasnt really changed that much, the margin is 80-125% without huge penalties on the hit. Best gains are 100-115% of your own province nw. Hitting down, you dont want to go below 90% of your own nw.

But if it is a case of people having to hit and they know they cant get retalled, they will drop below that. In the past there were a lot more provinces in the same position as you, but because the game is so much smaller and the on going problem with how provinces are allocated, you will take more hits because everything is so much tighter and acute because of the lack of overall players.

But also what palem said.... even if you are in a top 50kd and you have a province that is larger than the rest of the kingdom, it will get hit.

1- You outgrew your kingdom
    2- Youre running only defense

Utopia is a very much centered around team work. Playing as a team would mean not outgrowing your kingdom mates. If you want to play independant of them and grow to your hearts content then you should make sure you are good enough to do it - obviously you are not. If you were good enough to play independant of your kingdom then you would not be running all defense. The best defense is a good offense. Provinces are less likely to attack you if you have the ability to retal.

I recommend you start playing more intelligently and stop crying.
    Utopia Politics and General Talk.
    Sinners is recruiting active, racist and/or sexy members! #sinners

I didn't mean I had 5k offence, I had 5k elites....not much still...but whats the point of playing if bottom feeding is encouraged? You certainly are not encouraging new players or old ones to stay if they constantly get bottom fed. You just make things worse. If people want to war with someone they should stay within the acre's that they want to war with. Your just joining the other mass of horrible mmo's like utopia out there if you don't prevent large players for nuking small ones.

Bottom feeding isn't encouraged, provinces in smaller kingdoms have an advantage in trading acres. Your one and only problem is having crap offense, you are free acres. Has nothing to do with the game, just how you play it. The game isn't preventing you from not getting owned, YOU are.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by Steel View Post
    1- You outgrew your kingdom
    2- Youre running only defense

Utopia is a very much centered around team work. Playing as a team would mean not outgrowing your kingdom mates. If you want to play independant of them and grow to your hearts content then you should make sure you are good enough to do it - obviously you are not. If you were good enough to play independant of your kingdom then you would not be running all defense. The best defense is a good offense. Provinces are less likely to attack you if you have the ability to retal.

I recommend you start playing more intelligently and stop crying.
    I outgrew my KD because they were all active at the start of the age and are now essentially all gone. Ive already transffered from 2 other kds with similar ends. So I finally decided to just try it on my own. Telling me I'm not good enough to grow on my own without any advice is just a pointless post.

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Bottom feeding isn't encouraged, provinces in smaller kingdoms have an advantage in trading acres. Your one and only problem is having crap offense, you are free acres. Has nothing to do with the game, just how you play it.
    Well like i said I had a lot more offence to begin with but was getting hit too hard...I trashed a little offence at a time for more defense and was getting hit less. But EVEN if I still had all my offence I would still be getting bottom fed from because even with an excellent offence, someone with 3k more acres than me is going to break me and have no fear of being hit back.

How is his post pointless when he told you exactly why you are failing? Get more offense. Also, you are probably lying that someone at 6k acres is gaining much from you at 3.5k unless your are seriously bloated with NW. Which still points to you playing it poorly, sorry.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Growing on your own requires a tremendous amount of skill and a lot of diplomacy. It's not a matter of trying to insult you, it's just a matter of being honest.

The problem is, you came in here assuming that the way you were playing is flawless and insisting that the game is broken instead of just asking what you need to do to get better.

Also, if you're looking for a kd, I suggest you visit the recruitment forum. Teamwork is better than playing solo.

Bottom feeding is not encouraged, but is a perfectly valid and well established strategy. It has been present since Utopia's beginning.
    You are NOT good enough to grow. Don't kid yourself. Exploring while running all defense does not magically make you 'good enough to be big'. You're larger then the people in your kingdom - get smaller. Stop exploring after youre attacked.
    And why do you think 5k elites is somehow a lot? I've got double that at 1000 acres - I doubt very much that you could even ambush an orc. Let them smack you down a bit, get some more offense and start playing with your kingdom.

Alternatively, you can try to join another kingdom that plays in the 3k acre range. HaJ would probably love you. It also benefits the game to have you and those like you play in the same few kingdoms.

DHaran are you ever on IRC?

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    You cant out grow the kd without having more backup, you also cant focus on def, you will get hit more. It is just the reality of it. But I have also explained to you that it is worse now for people that do play that style because there were more kingdoms before that larger kingdoms could hit. There arent that many provinces anymore so you are going to get hit more due to the overall lack of numbers. By the sounds of it, your best bet is to try and join a larger kingdom where you can enjoy the game a little bit more.

Most people know people that need players and most kingdoms need players.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel View Post
    DHaran are you ever on IRC?
    AbsNet ya, UtoNet occasionally.
    S E C R E T S

You playing or retired?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    He plays in Rage, hense his sig lol

Thread Information