Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WAR ARTICLE: Genki fail in their Confections bid

not to distract anyone from the re-hash of the war - just wanted to say, congrats to the utimes people for putting this together. i've read all the article so far, and they look well done and balanced. keep up the good work

*gives a gold star to all utimes staff/volunteers*

Enthusiast
    palem, you were not online atm and I am ANTSY!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymindis View Post
    not to distract anyone from the re-hash of the war - just wanted to say, congrats to the utimes people for putting this together. i've read all the article so far, and they look well done and balanced. keep up the good work

*gives a gold star to all utimes staff/volunteers*
    Thank you, but we aren't staffed by utimes. A few of our writers used to write for utimes though.

Regular

Uniques

Is it just me, or is the uniques very low? I wish we could find wars like that. Our highest will have 8 in 48 hours. This was a 126 hour war and half the provinces barely have more than one a day.
    Anyways, good article, and nice to see them. I like that not just the elite kingdoms are making the news. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
    Is it just me, or is the uniques very low? I wish we could find wars like that. Our highest will have 8 in 48 hours. This was a 126 hour war and half the provinces barely have more than one a day.
    Anyways, good article, and nice to see them. I like that not just the elite kingdoms are making the news. Nice job.
    I don't get your point. A 5 day war will give you 10-11 uniques/province (except for Avians and depending on if you send all your troops at same time). Anyhow, in both kd's there were more then half the provinces who were above 9 uniques. Actually 14 provinces in each kd did 10 uniques or more per day. I still don't get your point, you trashtalk casual war kd?s, and what do you want to get out of it? If uniques are your obsession, go write a book.

So where you getting at?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
    8 uniques in 48 hours...? Would the majority of your kd happen to be running Avian Warrior with 15% barracks? That's what's required to be have those numbers, and the province would have to be literally army in/out. "Sorry guys - no time to pee. Out you go!"

Enthusiast
    @ Diablo

Let's backtrack a bit. I asked out of CURIOSITY - more because we wanted to know how much of a deadweight he was rather than playing the "if it weren't for him we would have blah blah blah." However much was stolen, the loss was double because it's actually -x for us, +x for you. -x-(x) = -2x. One also could also factor in the missing attacks from his side if he was super-active (heh heh like maybe a early July 4th present).

I guess what I was politely expressing disbelief at was how much of a loss it was for us - because it was. You gained 1x, but we lost 2x. I hope that clears up my POV here. Nothing else implied.

About out sizes - I'm pretty sure we waved you guys after you were done razing. At the beginning of war we were 100 k bigger. Both us us were in the 6.7-6.8 mill range. I know were were unfriendly towards you, but it seems a bit unlikely that you guys made up 300 k NW just thru ops, as we also had a couple of massacres during then.

And reading your post, I don't think you had a question in there about your inactive - you mean one of your Soup guys? What about him?

Anyhow - most of you were cool. Sometimes there is just the one comment and a few wayward facts that stick up my craw and make me defensive. Not meaning to take away from your war win.

Quote Originally Posted by diabloreborn View Post
    "politely expressed disbelief when you guys said you left him alone for the most part"

I never said we left him alone, I said he didn't have much of an effect on the war. We had provinces pumping 100k+/hr, what's 2 mil when we can pump that in a few hours? Yes we stole some money, but why kidnap some inactive with thieves when you guys had provs with 0.5 tpa and 20k peasants? My comment regarding your inactive was that he had not much of an impact on the war IMO and my question regarding our inactive was never answered ...

"In fact, I'm looking at trending history and it shows you peaking at 6805 k NW and us at 6894 k before the the wartime dip in values."

We killed 2 provinces before you waved us, which may have contributed to these discrepancies but as far as I'm aware we never got over 6.7 mil before war started.

At the end of it all, sorry if me or anyone else in my kd has offended anyone in Genki Na Shinwa. I was just attempting to clarify some things. I hope we can wipe clean the slate and have a good war when we're both at full strength instead of people being away and such. Gl in the future
    Last edited by inventio; 04-07-2011 at 22:34.

Regular
    i just wanna say.. maddy rocks..
    great article

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    haha hey humb. good to see you mate

Post Fiend
    So where'd you find the profile pic Mad_Scottish? It seems to fit your name better than most people's.

Thread Information