Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WAR ARTICLE: Genki fail in their Confections bid

Quote Originally Posted by inventio View Post
    Uh, no.

At the time of our wave, your human province was in VM. That province exited VM during hostilities

After we waved your undead province abandoned and went into VM - since the abandonment was going to happen regardless we could have used our attacks elsewhere. Apparently you didn't have some one lined up right away - don't see how the province would have been present during war anyway...

So your kd essentially switched a fresh province for a not-so-fresh one. So for us, yes, it was wasted attacks, and I'm simply stating it as such. The biggest issue for us was our inactive.

Our avian didn't come back mid-war - you pulled that value w/o out of thin air. It came back on the 4th day of war. The war was five days. Did I mention we also had a 270 k inactive farm?

You guys did a good job - but this was by no means a stellar war in terms of activity for us either so there is no need to play the we were inactive but we still won card.

Your undead province
    Our avian rpovicne came back after 6 days of hostilities/war.
    Oh I get what you're saying now. I thought you were talking about during the war instead of before. Yeah you're right, the province you massacre waved before the war abandoned and the a province came back from VM (both due to outside circumstances). I get how that can be annoying, but at the same time you still gave us the button after all that so meh. I do get how that's annoying though.

And on inactives, agreed that we both had provinces in VM, actings as farms, not at 100% etc. It just happens we were trying to sort through that before the war and that's why it was mentioned in the article I think. That doesn't mean you weren't dealing with the same thing and the intent wasn't to play the won despite being inactive card. Apologies if the article came out that way. Hopefully we will war again with both sides at 100%

Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN
    Edit: I would also like to point out that we came up 2.6k acres in this war, so who really won this!? lol
    And according to our paper we were up 2.8k acres. After initially going down by a decent bit, our strategy caught us up, and we came back to even in the last two days and I think it was pretty clear we were going to keep gaining. So no don't pull that who really won this bull****. Listen to Palem, he's smart.

Aren't they called Confessions, not confections? :P
    Yeah confessions, ignore the banner.
    Last edited by But7ers; 02-07-2011 at 23:54.

Just a quick question, sorry for hijacking thread, and if it has been answered elsewhere.

Are you selective on which wars you report on? My kd is currently warring, and would be nice to see it posted here, regardless of the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by But7ers View Post
    Oh I get what you're saying now. I thought you were talking about during the war instead of before. Yeah you're right, the province you massacre waved before the war abandoned and the a province came back from VM (both due to outside circumstances). I get how that can be annoying, but at the same time you still gave us the button after all that so meh. I do get how that's annoying though.

And on inactives, agreed that we both had provinces in VM, actings as farms, not at 100% etc. It just happens we were trying to sort through that before the war and that's why it was mentioned in the article I think. That doesn't mean you weren't dealing with the same thing and the intent wasn't to play the won despite being inactive card. Apologies if the article came out that way. Hopefully we will war again with both sides at 100%

And according to our paper we were up 2.8k acres. After initially going down by a decent bit, our strategy caught us up, and we came back to even in the last two days and I think it was pretty clear we were going to keep gaining. So no don't pull that who really won this bull****. Listen to Palem, he's smart.

Yeah confessions, ignore the banner.
    I was just joking. Calm down bro.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Post Fiend
    @Nics

I brought the attention of the war to the reporter as I thought it was interesting enough to warrant a report

@Inventio

At the time of our wave, your human province was in VM. That province exited VM during hostilities

Untrue, we never had a human in VM.

don't see how the province would have been present during war anyway...

I can't control someone just deciding to abandon their prov and going into vac BEFORE they leave (takes 24 hrs to leave)

You guys did a good job - but this was by no means a stellar war in terms of activity for us either so there is no need to play the we were inactive but we still won card.

We weren't the ones pulling the we had inactives so we lost card . "How much did you stealZZZZ"?

@Glorianna

Don't be mad and bitter. War is fun, we thought it was a good win. We won, you lost. Suck it up and rebuild. We even wished you good luck MANY times. Since you came out ahead with acres you should be happy, not going on about how we had a "mediocre" win. Lulz

@KuHaN

Good offense bro, I'm glad there's someone in your kd that's less SERIOUS BUSINESS .
    Last edited by diabloreborn; 03-07-2011 at 01:40.

Post Fiend
    Thismessageisfullofseriousbusiness!

twitched said: I found palem!
    I didn't know he was lost.....

Personally I'd have liked to continue the war, just to see if we could have brought their biggies down. Don't believe anything is un-breakable.
    The way it was going I think we would be looking at a bunch of pulverized provs and a couple of giants so far out of our NW range that they were meaningless within a week. Just My Opinion, I could be wrong. but would have liked to find out.......
    Last edited by Zermoid; 03-07-2011 at 20:48. Reason: stupidity, forgot to post quote I was replying to...
    De inimico non loquaris sed cogites
    (Don't wish ill for your enemy; plan it)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You could have just asked twitched lol

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    I edited the article slightly to add in some information that I accidentally skipped over. I meshed it together with the prov that was in VM and the inactive in Confections without realising both kingdoms had a prov in VM and had inactive(s).

Red face

"On a site note, the monarch of Genki na Shinwa wished to raise a point with an issue on provinces abandoning and those coming and going in and out of protection/vacation mode in Confections. Genki na Shinwa had massacred one of the undead mystics who then duly abandoned before the same province showed up again in protection/vacation mode. After the initial wave the human province in Confections that had been in VM came out of VM and joined the war. The overall point of this being raised was that Glorianna, monarch of Genki na Shinwa, felt it was very strange and it meant they had then wasted hits, which could have been better used elsewhere. "

we didnt have any human province who was in VM prior to and during the war Also, you were 400k NW bigger when you waved us so your province in VM doesnt really matter at all. Our undead province went out of VM just hours before you withdrew and he only had 1 unique as you could see in the war summary
    Last edited by frankenstein; 03-07-2011 at 23:33.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by diabloreborn View Post

Untrue, we never had a human in VM.
    One of the people in your kd (I presume) just confirmed above that you did have a province in VM that came out during hostilities.

We are not bitter, or else we would have never done the interview. In our opinion this was not a notable war (while it was a uptick for us in terms of overall activity, we had 1 epic fail province and some nub or inactive moments) and didn't warrant a report - but I have no grudges.

When the article came out there was no mention of our non-factoring provinces - that makes it seem a bit biased no?

And we NEVER played the we lost because of inactives card - we felt we might have won if we were active but we are not making excuses. We merely asked out of curiosity how much had you guys taken from him - because at 280 k NW and from the SoTs we took on him we had guessed that you guys had taken away 10 k pezzies / 2+ mill, and politely expressed disbelief when you guys said you left him alone for the most part.

Specifically, one of you congratulated on taking down your "newb unbreakable." Sarcasm much? (Although I think the rest of your kd was pretty nice about the win). Someone else wanted the war reported (which we thought wasn't that interesting).

If you want me to qualify the war I would say it was an avg one where there was decent activity by individual members with some fails and the kd that won made good use of their unbreakable status and ops.
    Last edited by inventio; 04-07-2011 at 03:10.

Enthusiast
    It was a bit irksome, but that alone wouldn't have turned the war for us, so yeah it was more meh than anything else.

I went into detail about the VM/inactive/blah blah situation as that was not present in the initial article.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein View Post
    we didnt have any human province who was in VM prior to and during the war Also, you were 400k NW bigger when you waved us so your province in VM doesnt really matter at all. Our undead province went out of VM just hours before you withdrew and he only had 1 unique as you could see in the war summary
    No, you had a province in VM - we decided to try your kd since we were looking to even up the numbers. And we were not 400 k bigger - please stop exaggerating. We were around 100-200 k bigger- your kd was 1-2 spots behind us on the charts, and our massacres were scattered over 28 hrs.

In fact, I'm looking at trending history and it shows you peaking at 6805 k NW and us at 6894 k before the the wartime dip in values.
    Last edited by inventio; 04-07-2011 at 02:30. Reason: Clarification

Enthusiast
    Created a new post instead of editing. I like to edit.
    Last edited by inventio; 04-07-2011 at 03:08.

Listen to Palem, he's smart.
    Not smart if you think Palem is smart
    He picked Faery this age... how smart is that!

There's only 1 faery in that kd, ergo...

Post Fiend
    "politely expressed disbelief when you guys said you left him alone for the most part"

I never said we left him alone, I said he didn't have much of an effect on the war. We had provinces pumping 100k+/hr, what's 2 mil when we can pump that in a few hours? Yes we stole some money, but why kidnap some inactive with thieves when you guys had provs with 0.5 tpa and 20k peasants? My comment regarding your inactive was that he had not much of an impact on the war IMO and my question regarding our inactive was never answered ...

"In fact, I'm looking at trending history and it shows you peaking at 6805 k NW and us at 6894 k before the the wartime dip in values."

We killed 2 provinces before you waved us, which may have contributed to these discrepancies but as far as I'm aware we never got over 6.7 mil before war started.

At the end of it all, sorry if me or anyone else in my kd has offended anyone in Genki Na Shinwa. I was just attempting to clarify some things. I hope we can wipe clean the slate and have a good war when we're both at full strength instead of people being away and such. Gl in the future

Thread Information