Thread: "subject to DBE"

Post Fiend

"subject to DBE"

I'm assuming this means "double building efficiency" but I don't want to be wrong, would you be able to please edit the post, Bishop, and explain what this means? Thanks!

Also for warrior is the 10% OME "Overall Military Efficiency" or "Offensive Military Efficiency"? Thanks!

Post Fiend
    DBE = Diminishing Building Efficiency - the more of a building you build, the less the effects you gain.

I assume you get max bonus with 25% banks/TD at 100% BE instead of 16% as it is this age.

DBE = Diminishing Buiding Efficiency. I believe the issue last age was it was doubling the effect of your current building %, whereas now it will double the building % which will means the effect will be lower due to DBE.
    S E C R E T S

OME is Offensive Military Efficiency

are libraries subject to DBE? The guide says they aren't affected by BE so is the formula for their effect:
    base effect * % libraries * ( 1 - % libraries)

or are they also unaffected by DBE so it'd be something like:
    base effect * % libraries

I've tried using angel's building calculator to figure out which of these it is but it seems to act very strangely with libraries, changing the effect as I add buildings in progress.

Postaholic
    Angel should state effect of current buildings as well as effect of future buildings.

base effect * 1 (for BE modifier, libraries are special) * % libraries * ( 100 - % libraries) should be the correct formula.
    Last edited by Pestermenot; 09-07-2011 at 02:55. Reason: Added BE clarification

libraries are subject to DBE. they are not affected by BE though so always calc it as 100 BE when you are using the forumula. for example you have 10% libs and 80 BE. you use this formula to figure out what the building will give you

Percentage Based Buildings = Base Effect * BE * % of building * (100% - % of building)

on normal buildings where it says BE you put in whatever BE you have so the less BE you have the less effect the building will give. however libs are unaffected by that so always calc it as 100 BE. even if you have more or less. they still suffer from DBE though.

Thread Information