Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nature's Blessing and the Plague

Nature's Blessing and the Plague

Alright, is the guide still accurate about the 20% per cast chance of curing the plague with Nature's Blessing? I had the plague from attacking an undead yesterday, it took 10 casts to get rid of it. Fine, I was unlucky. Well, I got it again today, and have so far cast Nature's Blessing 18 times, and it still hasn't cured it. Am I incredibly unlucky here? Is this a known bug (I got nothing with a search of the forums, but that doesn't mean I did the right search)? Or is it now significantly less than a 20% chance now, and the guide hasn't been updated?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It's still accurate. Don't worry, next age I'll be playing attacker again and all the bad luck will fall on me again lol

Moving this to strategy...

Postaholic
    It's an unfortunate bad luck, with a 20% chance

I have a question on whether you failed NB and had to recast or NB was successful 18 times and you just didn't cure it.

Oh, it's accurate. Over the course of an age it'll come out to ~20%.

In the short term though it'll screw with you as much as possible.

Random hit during a science pump? 1 or 2 castings. Three tops.

Day 3 of a war when you need every bit of mana you can get? You'd have better luck throwing your runes directly at the infected peasants.

Post Fiend
    Oh it gets frustrating at times. I went a good while in the age being able to clear plague off in no more than 4 casts. Then the past 8 times I've gotten plague I've not cleared it off in less than 10 casts (worst was 26 attempts and it would up eventually getting removed by hospitals in the end).

Yes all those were only counting successful casts and no it wasn't anything other than the RNG deciding to hate me.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendor View Post
    You'd have better luck throwing your runes directly at the infected peasants.
    I had one stint of plague in war that cured itself after 24 hours, despite 20 succesful NB casts. I've also managed to cure it within 6 casts almost every time I didn't really "need" to. I understand your pain, lol

I will say one thing though... even if it is complete random chance. Everytime I've got 10% guilds or better NB gets the job done in 2 ~ 5 casts.. every now and then 1. When I'm in war, grow, and periodically hit below 8% guilds... I've learn to save my runes for FB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestermenot View Post
    It's an unfortunate bad luck, with a 20% chance

I have a question on whether you failed NB and had to recast or NB was successful 18 times and you just didn't cure it.
    That was 18 successful casts. 19 now. Still have it. I guess I'm just lucky.

EDIT: Thanks for moving the post, sorry for putting it in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestermenot View Post
    I had one stint of plague in war that cured itself after 24 hours, despite 20 succesful NB casts. I've also managed to cure it within 6 casts almost every time I didn't really "need" to. I understand your pain, lol
    Try casting from 100% mana down to 8-9%, only failing casting twice, and still not curing the plague... I don't remember the exact number, but it was entirely too much...
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Regular
    As always people usually only forget the times when they succeed curing the plague fast and only remembers when they cure it after wasting half their mana pool or more.
    I attacked an undead yesterday, was full mana before I did QF, after the attack, I went to 8% mana and still no plague cured and that's without failing a single spell.

Whoooopedooo!

I can relate Riska.
    One can be very unlucky.
    Luckely my hosps are more succesful than my wizards.

I'm convinced that there is someone out there who must have 90%+ chance to cure because my average for this age is 20 successful casts to remove it. That's both in war and random hits :(

Quote Originally Posted by Trillium View Post
    I'm convinced that there is someone out there who must have 90%+ chance to cure because my average for this age is 20 successful casts to remove it. That's both in war and random hits :(
    That's gotta be me. I've only gotten the plague like, 5 times this age, but each time it took no more than 3 casts to cure it.

naw hes talking bout me. ive never had the plague that wasnt cured before a tick. but then again im undead. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Luckely my hosps are more succesful than my wizards.
    my hosps usually take care of it quicker than I even expect. no nb needed.

Thread Information