Thread: A couple of short questions

A couple of short questions

I'm working on a spreadsheet for myself that I can use it on computers without Angel by just uploading it somewhere and downloading it into temporary storage (uni computers, other people's laptops, etc.)
    Anyhow, I wanted to double check a couple of formulas, and my BE formula because it was giving me a number that looked kinda weird.
    =(0.5*(1+MIN((Population-(Draft_Rate*Population)-(rWPA*Acres))/(2/3*(Acres-K19)*25),1))*IF(Stance="Fortified",1.2,1)*M4)+IF(Race="Dwarf",0.3,0) Never mind, I found it. Forgot to multiply rWPA by Acres.

I named most of the Cells that I referenced in the formula, but I didn't do 2 of them K19 is the number of homes, and M4 is BE science.

Also, what is a good (free) file uploading/storage site?
    Last edited by Ordray; 09-07-2011 at 02:20.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Postaholic
    You be making me bust out the pencils, I like that!

=(0.5*(1+MIN(Peasants+ROUNDDOWN(Prisoners/2)/ROUNDDOWN(((Completed Buildings-Homes)*25)*0.67), 1))*IF(Stance="Fortified",1.2,1)*Science*Dragon)+IF(Race="Dwarf",0.3,0)+Personality

If you change to your cell names, that should work.

Yes, I hadn't thought to add a peasants or prisoner field yet, but I'll add those in to simplify the formula a bit. Can leave out the personality bit since there isn't a personality that increases BE now. Also left out the dragon field, but I was using this as more of a planner/Attack calculator than a more dynamic calculator, though I guess that I can add in a few lines and make it that :) Right now (well not right now. Right now, I'm almost asleep, but I was working on it) I've got OPA, DPA, DS/A needed, Net DPA, Science calc, buildings calc, and am working on Income calcs for gc, food, and runes. Still a lot left to do and little time, but I'll get it done soon enough :)

Are you looking for something like Dropbox? You can upload up to 2gb free

That'll work. I'm only planning on a couple of files, spreadsheets and a couple of other things, so that'll be more than enough. Thanks :)

Google offers an "online document service" and you can upload spreadsheets and access them within the browser.
    docs.google.com

Small notes though:
    You really shouldn't put the full formula in only one cell. It's far easier to correct mistakes or add additions if you spread it out. (Thus meaning, use one cell to calculate current peasants, another to calculate the built land, another to calculate raw BE)... it REALLY makes things easier when your formulas are shorter :D

And also, race and personality bonuses will create quite a mess if you put them inside the formulas that use them. Instead having another cell for "BE Bonus" (Elite Offense / Defense, Offspec Value, etc.) keeps it all together and makes it easier to update.

Infact, you could probably setup an array of cells in a separate sheet. First col defines the race name / personality name and subsequent cols are individual bonuses. You can use INDEX to call a specific row and col, thus allowing you to modify the values without ever once looking at a formula.
    Just say "yes" and I'll go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallo View Post
    Google offers an "online document service" and you can upload spreadsheets and access them within the browser.
    docs.google.com

Small notes though:
    You really shouldn't put the full formula in only one cell. It's far easier to correct mistakes or add additions if you spread it out. (Thus meaning, use one cell to calculate current peasants, another to calculate the built land, another to calculate raw BE)... it REALLY makes things easier when your formulas are shorter :D

And also, race and personality bonuses will create quite a mess if you put them inside the formulas that use them. Instead having another cell for "BE Bonus" (Elite Offense / Defense, Offspec Value, etc.) keeps it all together and makes it easier to update.

Infact, you could probably setup an array of cells in a separate sheet. First col defines the race name / personality name and subsequent cols are individual bonuses. You can use INDEX to call a specific row and col, thus allowing you to modify the values without ever once looking at a formula.
    I only used the IF functions for cases like Dwarf's BE bonus or Mystic's tower/guild bonus because it was easier than making a table and filling all of the other races' entries with 0's and 1's. I use Lookup for honor bonuses, Elite NW, offense, defense, and science rate costs. Though, I did put them all on the same sheet as the main part, but I might move them to another sheet to make it a bit more organized.

I did realize my mistake in having the entire formula in 1 cell (that's the only one that I did that in) and I added a few cells to make the formula shorter. Now is exactly the one that Pester posted. And thanks, I had forgotten about Googledocs. That'll be perfect for what I'm wanting.

P.S. Anyone know the formula for finding the % success for attacks? I know that 1.076x enemy defense on SoT will give you 100% for the worst case scenario, but I would like to have the formula.

Well, just tried using Google Docs, and there were some issues with the conversion from the MS Office file to the Google version. I used several named cells instead of the cell location in several formulas, and that didn't carry over, so I'll have to use that other service.

Anyhow, here's the first version. As you can see, far from done, but it should work fine for basic planning purposes for next age (which was what I started out making it.) All building formulas should work correctly as well as Science. Military numbers will auto calculate for any change in pop, BE (if using Forts or TGs), race change, DPA goal change, rTPA goal change, etc. Haven't added in Tactician's bonus yet, but that's on the list.
    Version 0.1, Excel 97-2003 compatible version (.xls), 43.5KB
    Version 0.1, Excel 2010 version (.xlsx), 17.17 KB

To add list, as of right now (not in any particular order):
    1.) "War?" Field for war only bonuses
    2.) Tactician offense bonus
    3.) Add in the income calculation formulas
    4.) Add in the Mod DP/OP beside the corresponding DPA/OPA fields
    5.) Create an attack calculator in the sheet
    6.) Reorganize tables and fields, and move reference tables for Race, Honor, and (possibly) Science Cost.
    7.) Color coding the different tables to allow for easier distinction
    8.) Add in the food, rune, and gc income/decay calcs (that I forgot to include in release 1)

Anything else that I could add to that list?
    Last edited by Ordray; 11-07-2011 at 04:02.

Postaholic
    Food calcs are missing. :)
    Last edited by Pestermenot; 11-07-2011 at 03:55.

Haha, yeah I just realized that after I posted. Will be in the next update as well as the Rune calcs. Income as well shall be added as well.
    Just added a few more lines for Horses, elites, and specs currently owned, and added a "Current" military table as well as the planner one.

The opa with generals appears to be MO modded by 1.12 or 1.15 for cleric. I thought the general bonus was just for extra generals so it would be 1.09 and 1.12?

Whoops, you're right. I'll fix that. *edits excel formula* It will be fixed in the next update.

Separated the Planned and Current province info into 2 different sheets. (Current sheet only) Food and Rune production, decay, and net change are all added (just notice that food is still missing the consumption. That has now been fixed and will be in v3.) GC income I forgot to add in the Prisoners income and forgot to add in the monarch bonus on the net income, but I believe that I got all of it right other than that.

Anyhow, still on my list:
    Attack Calculator
    Fix the info on the Planner sheet so that they stop referencing the Current Sheet due to named cells being copied over in the formulas. (Mostly done now and will be in the next release)
    Add MO and MD to the Planner page as well as DPA and DP w/ and w/o elites
    Add in Food Consumption formula
    Add income for Food, Runes, GC on Planner Page
    Add in a current (and Planned) Spell Cost Table

Excel 93-03 Compatible Version:http://db.tt/uIyHSQL
    Excel 2010 Version:http://db.tt/y3fvc1w

Anyhow, any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated :) Still pretty rough, but I don't have a ton of spare time just now.

Thread Information