Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calculating Attacks

Post Demon

Calculating Attacks

Help a noob please. What are the steps to calculating a successful attack? I have been using utopia angel and doing a four step process.

1. Ctrl + A and ctrl + C my kingdom page and throne page so that Angel military calculator gets my info.
    2. Ctrl + A and ctrl + C military advisor page
    3. Ctrl + A and ctrl + C my targets Kd page, SoT, and SoM.
    4. Input any data that is still missing on the Angel calculator.

5. Prepare military, press the button

Am I missing anything here? I have made plenty of successful attacks using this method, although one failed even with gauranteed success from angel. I didn't do a survey so im guessing he had gs. :)

My main concern is that ill do a SoM on someone and then a SoT, and get differing numbers. Which is more accurate? Sometimes if I follow up with another SoT then I get differing numbers again!!

Your targets SoM and SoT
    The Spy on military must be taken with 20% of your thieves
    And i normaly send 50% for the spy on throne.

The defense that shows in spy on military, lets say if it was 100,000 def points i multiply for 1.075 and thats the exact offense that would be needed for a 100% succesful attack, this is what we use and no one has failed an attack.

So 100,000 defense times 1,075=107,500 mod offense needed to break him
    Some ppl send less than 1.075
    - Get the best out of your gameplay, go 45% homes minimum .
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    7 out f 7 war wins age 50 guarantees.
    High homes = good

dont listen to gojete :-P sending 20% of your thieves will give you the most accurate intel on any intel gathering op. so sending 50% for instance will get you the same results as sending 20% of your thieves.

now if youre thievery is good enough to get a som with 20% thieves then thats all you need. however if you dont then using a combo of sot and som is preferable. sot are easier to get and use only 1 stealth. get the most accurate sot and then send 1-20 thieves to get a som. the som will be inaccurate BUT a som will always show the EXACT number of troops out on attack. the def value it gives you is false but the # of troops is correct 100% of the time. so if a person has 4598 human leets out you know thats 13794 def. subtract that from the the def value you got from sot and then send 1.071225 more off.

1.075 is too much oversending. you get that number by multiplying 1.035 * 1.035. that randomness from sot and randomness in all attacks.

There are 3 methods (and a variant of the first 2 for Halfling in war) to getting it right 100% of the time (assuming no human error when inputting target, numbers, etc.)

A.) (All races OOW and all but halfers in war) SoT only
    1.) Take a SoT using 20% of your thieves.
    2.) Multiply the defense on that SoT by 1.073.
    3.) Send that much offense on the attack.
    4.) Win.

B.) (All races OOW and all but halfers in war) SoM only
    1.) Take a SoM using 20% of your thieves.
    2.) Multiply the (home) defense on that SoM by 1.073.
    3.) Send that much offense on the attack.
    4.) Win.

C.) (All races OOW and all but halfers in war) SoT+SoM
    1.) Take a SoT using 20% of your thieves.
    2.) Use calculate the DME (defensive military efficiency.) If you're using it, then Angel will do this for you, otherwise do it by hand.
    3.) Take a SoM using 20 thieves (not 20%, just 20).
    4.) Subtract the number of elites/soldiers away on the SoM (ignore all at home numbers unless they're 0 as they will be +/-50% of the real value) from the total elites on the SoT.
    5.) Now, using these numbers of soldiers and elites instead of those listed on the SoT, calculate the defense at home.
    6.) Multiply by 1.073, and send that amount of offense
    7.) Win

D.) Halfer (in war only) SoT
    1.) Take an SoT with any amount of thieves.
    2.) Multiply enemy defense by 1.04.
    3.) Send that amount of offense.
    4.) Win

E.) Halfer (in war only) SoM
    1.) Take an SoM with any amount of thieves.
    2.) Multiply enemy defense at home by 1.04.
    3.) Send that amount of offense.
    4.) Win
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

jesus orday. 1.04 and 1.076? its 1.035 for random intel , 1.035 for random battle and together its 1.071225

1.076 was a typo on my part. Using my keypad and not paying close enough attention.
    The modifier that you use for 100% accurate intel is 0.97 * 1.035 / 0.965 = 1.040362694 or ~1.04 for easier calculations. Divide that by 0.97 to factor in the randomness from the SoT/SoM, and you'll get 1.072538860103627 or ~1.073.

The max needed for +/-3% accuracy intel is 20%. Halfers in war get 100% accurate intel, so if possible use halfer intel in war, but if not, follow either A, B, or C.
    Only use A or D if you know that their army is at home or don't care. Only use C if you don't want to risk the thieves on getting a +/-3% SoM (which can be costly if your TPA is low and the enemy's is high.)
    Last edited by Ordray; 11-07-2011 at 01:36.

i like A B and C. its easier then 1 2 3.

Post Demon
    Thanks to you guys. Big time thanks. I've been making my life so much more difficult than it needs to be!

No problem :)

Post Demon
    Might've been changed nowadays, but earlier copying the military advisor page last of all could f you up since it would contain the wrong ME (didn't apply stances etc.). There really is no need at all to copy it, because all the info you need is in the throne page and kd page.

yes the ME shown on soms are inaccurate. so with more units out they could have a bigger modifier to def but meh. so you oversend by a few K is all.

Post Demon
    I meant self-SoM actually, but yeah, copying enemy SoM if you got it with 10 thieves is pretty bad too (if angel actually uses the info from them, which hasn't been my experience at least).

i always just blind hit and send everything i have and hope for the best

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Boko View Post
    jesus orday. 1.04 and 1.076? its 1.035 for random intel , 1.035 for random battle and together its 1.071225
    It's 1.03 for random intel
    1.04 for random battle.

1.0436!
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information