Thread: Quick question on Guilds

Quick question on Guilds

I've been trying to figure out (without razing and rebuilding to test) whether the double Guild effectiveness for a Mystic applies to the influence Guilds have on duration. I know the double effectiveness trains twice as many Wizards per tick, but since the duration bonus from Guild percentage maxes out at 20% Guilds, does that mean that a Mystic will be maxing out that duration bonus at 10% Guilds?

Probably a dumb question, but I haven't been able to locate anything that specifically states details of the double effectiveness in relation to duration so I thought I'd ask you fine folks.

yes

Post Demon
    Mystics only need 10% guilds yes sir.

Yep, 10% at 100% BE, but if you want max duration all the time, then you need to adjust for BE.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Thanks much guys!

I have a related question to this post -- Does the Mystic bonus also improve the effectiveness of self-cast spells? In other words, all things being equal, does a mystic with 10% guilds have the same chance of successful self-casting as a non-mystic with 20% guilds? I've been trying to find the equation on the wiki for self-cast spells and I have had no luck -- I all can find are equations for offensive/defensive WPA.

Post Demon
    also yes.

Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thanks!
    Last question: what %guild should a non-mystic race shoot for to allow for a good self-cast success rate? That is, I I'm not interested in maxing out my duration -- just making sure my occasional self-spells are pulled off successfully, could I get by with 5% or 10% guilds?

A general rule of thumb would be to expect 75% of your self-spells to succeed with 10% Guilds. This drops to around 50% with 5% Guilds and 25% with no Guilds, while 20%+ Guilds is virtually 100% success. The difficulty of the spell affects this as well (Patriotism being a more difficult cast than Minor Protection), so this also needs to be taken into consideration.
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Great! Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge! :-)

Regular
    So wait. Guilds max? 20% is the same as 50%. Ie duration only? Or also train wiz?

For max duration on spells, you only need 20% guilds. 10% as a mystic. And there is no cap when it comes to training wizards. You could run 100% guilds and each guild would train .04 (as a mystic) wizards per hour.
    Last edited by Sittin-out; 08-04-2012 at 12:29.

Thread Information