Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Fail

Epic Fail

The REP can't answer a thing or trying not to answer anything.

You judge.

Mon, 11 July, 2011 6:06:52
    Re: IP / Work Proxy / Friends
    Utopia Support <utopiasupport@utopia-game.com>
    To: LawAbidingPLayer <@yahoo.com>
    Hello,

This conversation is now over and further mails will be ignored.

On 11 July 2011 14:06, Law Abiding Player <@yahoo.com> wrote:

I get it. You're not doing your job. Please read the whole message and understand it. Take at least 5 minutes before you reply, maybe you need that.

To: Law Abiding Player <@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Mon, 11 July, 2011 6:04:36

Subject: Re: IP / Work Proxy / Friends

Hi,

There is no mistake in the rules. You are not all allowed to log in together, its not complicated. If you have more questions please use the forums.

Regards,
    Utopia Support

On 11 July 2011 13:58, Law Abiding Player <@yahoo.com> wrote:

I didn't said I don't want to follow it, I'm just pointing the mistake in that "rule" your talking about.

And are you telling me even players in the same city? Location could mean a street, town or Apartment. Please be specific cause I'm almost starting to doubt your customer support skills here.

Sent: Mon, 11 July, 2011 5:55:54

Hi,

If you don't want to follow the games rules then i am unable to assist you. Logging in from the same location on multiple accounts will result in deletion.

On 11 July 2011 13:53, Law Abiding Player <@yahoo.com> wrote:

Same location meaning in the same place but not the same computer. Is that still called cheating? If you continue to insist this "Game Rules" as you say, now you may want to open this up to your "devs" that this is ONE of the biggest REASON why the game is now DYING.

Friends invite their friends to play this game, so it is only simple to understand that they could be playing in one Internet Cafe's (for students/tourney gamers) or the same office. Is it that hard to understand?

Sent: Mon, 11 July, 2011 5:48:31

Hello,

We do not support multiple players logging in from the same location, this is covered in the games rules.

On 10 July 2011 02:11, Law Abiding Player <@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hey all,

I have no plans of asking to be included in the "whitelisting". Here's the thing, me and my friends used to play this GREAT game way back in high school and college. Now, we are trying to regroup all of them in our kingdom slowly. Most of the players are from the same town or city. They could be logging in the same Internet Cafe but never in the same house since we all know that's cheating or it could get us deleted!

So, my reason here for emailing you guys is, i'm the leader of the group/kingdom and im concerned that what if they get banned because they logged on the same internet cafe (example: a player from another kingdom logged a few minutes ago from the same computer and then a few minutes later my kingdom mate logged on the same computer) or at work with same IP/proxy... because it's very much possible that these would happen since majority of them are already working and travels a lot around the country. Will we have the chance to defend or explain and get the account back? Or have you guys think about this? players do try to login even they're away from home or don't have internet access and go to internet cafe's nearby just to play the game because they love playing it with friends, so I hope you guys have looked into this possible scenarios and consider it if this would happen.

Cheers,
    Law Abiding Player

How about staying clear of the internet cafe?
    Problem solved.

ONE of the biggest REASON why the game is now DYING.
    So how come you explain the majority of the players were gone by the time these strict rules were enforced? Its a outdated game thats why.

How about staying clear of the internet cafe?
    Problem solved.
    Well obviously you go to a internet caf? for a reason..

if you're travelling you contact uto support and inform them.
    if you're playing from a college or work place where other utopia players play from, you contact utopia support and inform them.
    if you're having to login via some inet cafe you contact utopia support and inform them.

its not that hard to email support with your details and the details of the connection you'll be using.

hell I went to South Africa for Christmas and got told to inform utopia support and you know what, all it took was a 2 minute email and boom it was all done.

do I personally think inet cafes should be on the poop list? no not really but how do the mods police it? find a solution to that question and you'll help alotta peeps.

its all about how its policed - if a situation is open to cheating then it must get banned and like the inet cafe example - whats stopping someone from playing 5 accounts (just an example) but claim its his 'mates'?

@ jedihimura: did your team mate email support and ask about the deleted (or was it banned) prov? cause mods wont give out detailed information if you're not the account holder.

P.S - I am not being rude towards jedihimura or this thread! but theres ways and means to do things :)
    Last edited by fuzzy|; 12-07-2011 at 08:33.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    So how come you explain the majority of the players were gone by the time these strict rules were enforced? Its a outdated game thats why.
    First, READ then understand. I said "ONE of the biggest REASON". I really don't agree about the game being outdated. Utopia is OLD and the setting is OLD. It just need some good tweaks/upgrade to make the game run smoothly like Mehul was still around.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy| View Post
    if you're travelling you contact uto support and inform them.
    if you're playing from a college or work place where other utopia players play from, you contact utopia support and inform them.
    if you're having to login via some inet cafe you contact utopia support and inform them.

its not that hard to email support with your details and the details of the connection you'll be using.

hell I went to South Africa for Christmas and got told to inform utopia support and you know what, all it took was a 2 minute email and boom it was all done.

do I personally think inet cafes should be on the poop list? no not really but how do the mods police it? find a solution to that question and you'll help alotta peeps.

its all about how its policed - if a situation is open to cheating then it must get banned and like the inet cafe example - whats stopping someone from playing 5 accounts (just an example) but claim its his 'mates'?

@ jedihimura: did your team mate email support and ask about the deleted (or was it banned) prov? cause mods wont give out detailed information if you're not the account holder.

P.S - I am not being rude towards jedihimura or this thread! but theres ways and means to do things :)
    Dude, read the quoted e-mail thread. It's not about any account being banned, it's just a query. The one replying that email from the UT support clearly didn't took the time to read the whole message. Look at his/her reply, you consider that answering the one in question? This is another reason why this game is dying.

and my post wouldnt change.

IF a player has to login via an inet cafe or IF a player is travelling just get that player to contact utopia support and inform them of whats happening.

and as I said earlier, im not flaming you jedhimura and I think players should be able to play from various locations whether it be work, school or inet cafes but they have to have the mechanics to police it otherwise it could end up creating a situation where its 1 player playing multi accounts. I am pretty sure the dev's have taken all scenarios into consideration and put x to the right and y to the left.

do i think your replies from uto support where sufficient? yes with the rules they currently have in place theres not a lot the uto support can do / say - all he/she can do is pass the info to the devs and see what happens.

but I do LOL at "It just need some good tweaks/upgrade to make the game run smoothly like Mehul was still around." - the current owners have done a fantastic job in battling cheats.

Veteran
    I agree with their position. It's harder than you think to police x-logging, and there have been many people who have claimed exactly what you did, then it turned out to be an excuse for someone to x-log. I'm sure many of you can guess some of the culprits. Now, assuming you're legit (and I believe you are), it's unfortunate that you can't do that, but it's just something you'll have to live with. One of the prices we pay for having significantly less multi's/scripted provs/x-logs etc. than we used years ago.

I also find it funny how everyone seems to have forgotten how buggy the game was under Mehul, I think in general the game is as good or better than it used to be, but as others have mentioned, it's an old, out-dated game.
    That nerdy guy that obsesses with game mechanics.

and my post wouldnt change.

IF a player has to login via an inet cafe or IF a player is travelling just get that player to contact utopia support and inform them of whats happening.

and as I said earlier, im not flaming you jedhimura and I think players should be able to play from various locations whether it be work, school or inet cafes but they have to have the mechanics to police it otherwise it could end up creating a situation where its 1 player playing multi accounts. I am pretty sure the dev's have taken all scenarios into consideration and put x to the right and y to the left.

do i think your replies from uto support where sufficient? yes with the rules they currently have in place theres not a lot the uto support can do / say - all he/she can do is pass the info to the devs and see what happens.

but I do LOL at "It just need some good tweaks/upgrade to make the game run smoothly like Mehul was still around." - the current owners have done a fantastic job in battling cheats.
    I don't know if you're just plain "d*mb" or trying so hard to kiss their a$$.

And for that "LOL", you don't even understand what I pointed out, so please stop replying, unless you do know what I'm talking about "there".

Quote Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
    .....but as others have mentioned, it's an old, out-dated game.
    NO LIES! its a time-less work of art!

So, you don't want to be whitelisted but you are telling support you and your mates might be all logging in from the same net cafe to which you get told - don't do that, its against the rules.

FYI: proxies are also banned
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

@ jedhimura - I started writing a long reply but gave up, you're not worth it.

you ask stupid questions you get stupid answers

on a side not: please Bishop can my kingdom login from the inet cafe from down the road? all 25 of us live in the same county and all want to use the inet cafe to login from. i promise you its 25 individuals and the inet cafe makes tons of money off us. win win scenario ftw!
    Last edited by fuzzy|; 12-07-2011 at 09:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    So, you don't want to be whitelisted but you are telling support you and your mates might be all logging in from the same net cafe to which you get told - don't do that, its against the rules.

FYI: proxies are also banned
    NOT yet Bishop unless it's the last resort. And yes they might be logging in the same net cafe/city/town (which the Rep said "Location" and didn't expound it) majority of them are living in a place where getting your own DSL is expensive or living in a dormitory. That's why logging in an Internet Cafe is the best option. There could be also other players in area w/c they're not aware of that could be logging in the same shop. Scenarios like these are common and normal. Unless if this game is designed ONLY for players who can afford their own internet connection.

So, is there like a way to resolve this? I already know about the rules, it's been there ever since we started playing around 2003 (aside from the revisions).

@ jedhimura - I started writing a long reply but gave up, you're not worth it.

you ask stupid questions you get stupid answers

on a side not: please Bishop can my kingdom login from the inet cafe from down the road? all 25 of us live in the same county and all want to use the inet cafe to login from. i promise you its 25 individuals and the inet cafe makes tons of money off us. win win scenario ftw!
    I am not interested in your reply, so STOP spamming (non-sense replies aka SPAM).

Thread Information