Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elf/Sage a/t/m build

Post Fiend

Elf/Sage a/t/m build

any thoughts on this build... can it be done... strike that I know it can be done but how is the best way of success?

Post Demon
    If the lowercase "a" is intentional, then yes, you can do it. It'll be bad at all of them. Except in rare cases, a kingdom has no use for a 30 opa "fail T/M" since you can't get good gains. If your kingdom didn't give you the guidance you need, it isn't good enough to execute the def kill needed for the extra hits. (Also, I think the top players have better T/M defense, so t or m at that level are like T or M in the getto.) Elf is a poor choice for it anyway since they've got no tpa mod, no wpa mod, and have their military stacked *defensively* which is fairly worthless. (Though the elite is ok now, not like last age)

Oddly enough, faery sage is the only one that can pull A/t/m all that well - despite the defensive elite, you don't need many at all if you are willing to let the Fog do the defending. WPA mod fixes that wiz space problem, invis gets you a minor TPA mod, and ToG gets the sci you need oow and lets you draft extra. Having tried more or less that as I learned the race... pick A/T or A/M, and stick to it. I'm quite skilled at sage, but the A/t/m is just plain awkward, and requires a lot of kingdom coordination to make use of t and m instead of T or M. Faery Sage A/M with CS and a few WT's can be a nice combo if you are willing to stay aggressive enough - just remember to keep getting all that intel with the extra stealth, or it will go to waste.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You want to play an a/t/m on a race with no economy lol

Post Fiend
    I read your kingdom stats lot of science for setting around all age doing nothing but pump and the last hour you attack.. so you can call yourself an attacker.. not likely... seen this done and pulled off with high titles... now just asking simple question can it be done with what build status not it is better to be this and do this sh** just answer my question now ring around the pixies Bullsh**... If the mods would of thought the faery was going to be an attacker they wouldn't give them the all spells...
    Last edited by Killthemall; 19-07-2011 at 16:00. Reason: because I wanted to

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You want to play an a/t/m on a race with no economy lol
    can I use your economy there Palem... lol

Postaholic
    human/sage would be my bet on the best a/t/m in a ghetto, even with a ****ty spellbook and -wpa mod. you could still do some FB's on orc/ud/humans and maybe even halfers :P

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Not with 3 tpa, no lol

Let's see here...
    3wpa
    3tpa
    40 dpa = 8 dspa
    maybe, 60 opa? = ~8.5lpa (assuming full leet offense)

So that's ~22.5 people per acre. Base is something like 23 ppa. So you're going to run with .5 pezzies per acre? Even with LOADS of science and such, it's really not feasible, especially for an elf.
    Last edited by Palem; 19-07-2011 at 16:11. Reason: double post fail

Post Fiend
    thought about the human side but not sure with the crummy spell book... still not what Im looking for here... what is it that I am looking for... maybe a straight answer.... I think I can build a better economy with the sage and be a stronger all around... Ive done it for a while then got stupid and got chained and screwed the whole thing up which is to be expected after you become the chain target three wars in a row. then came back after the next war and was picked as the first target in the chain gang again.

Post Fiend
    Not with 3 tpa, no lol

Let's see here...
    3wpa
    3tpa
    40 dpa = 8 dspa
    maybe, 60 opa? = ~8.5lpa (assuming full leet offense)

So that's ~22.5 people per acre. Base is something like 23 ppa. So you're going to run with .5 pezzies per acre? Even with LOADS of science and such, it's really not feasible, especially for an elf.
    ok thanks... will look into new options.

Post Fiend
    but why go full leet offence doesnt that hurt more when you get chained...

Post Demon
    ... Base is something like 23 ppa. ...
    Er... 25 ppa before any pop mods? Sage should be pulling 30 ppa by mid/late age. And it's usually said EPA, not LPA. I know, also a US Gov agency, but I'm fairly sure the context is sufficiently clear.

Faery is the one with only 22.5 PPA base, but they don't need a full 3 wpa to be an m, 2 to 2.5 should do it. What with sci, I'd call 3 wpa low end M territory... since that's pushing 9-10 mod at that point. Also, shouldn't you figure on about +20% ME (both OME and DME) from a built? Even when it's fairly tight on space, that isn't too hard to get.

Now A/T/M needs to be looking at something like 15 mod tpa, 12 mod WPA, 40 dpa and 60+ OPA, right? *That* is just plain impossible without hyper high honor. (In which case that's just called minimum defense, anyway, since everyone is gunning for you.)
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    25 ppa, my bad, still not great for a/t/m

And I'll stick with lpa :)

This age I crammed 4 raw tpa, 4 raw wpa, 45 dpa army out and ~65 opa on an elf/mystic with baron honor and absolute crap sci. It can be done, but will be mediocre at all 3. Now if you have 2000+ bpa.. thats another story.

Post Demon
    8 dspa is redicolously high ...
    anyway pumped up sage can pull off a/t/m but will have really hard time growing and keeping up with sci and will not be excepional at either category. Better to go a/t or a/m imo and kick ass in those 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Now A/T/M needs to be looking at something like 15 mod tpa, 12 mod WPA, 40 dpa and 60+ OPA, right? *That* is just plain impossible without hyper high honor. (In which case that's just called minimum defense, anyway, since everyone is gunning for you.)
    I would say Halfling would be the most effective A/T/M, probably like 25 mod tpa, 10-12 mod wpa would be good. 40 dpa and 60 opa would be epically bad though, no reason you can't get that to 100 opa or above, probably 90 dpa, higher if you have a bunch of homes (which I would do in this situation).

Thread Information