Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UF News: Let's talk about Ghettos

^5 Palem

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    ^5!

Veteran
    Great article Palem, and thanks for the insight from the interviewees. Ghetto's rock, and I think the challenge of building a strong ghetto is a nice change from top kd play.
    That nerdy guy that obsesses with game mechanics.

Great article. I hope the innovations Bishop was talking about actually take place and I hope that the game grows again.

Cheers for the read Palem!
    Tis a dog world out there, eat or be eaten, drink or be drunk.
    Enjoy every minute. There's plenty of time to be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops DB View Post
    You are out of the kingdom.

And you're fired, too.
    LOL, how did I miss this whole article? I was the other rotating (with rainman) monarch of this kingdom, I would say we started out this age definitely in the ghetto (could write a long story about this itself, but I'm sure you've all been through it), but we ended up mostly out of it, essentially winning our last few wars, scaring off a few more, and managing to find a very resourceful way of fending off a much, much larger kingdom. Now we've got I think 18 players coming back for next round, most of which we feel we can rely on pretty well, so we'll see if we can build on the success of last round and become ghetto-dwellers no more!

It was a very nice article to read. The ghetto is a fun place to be. I think the dream of every ghetto is to one day be a top tier KD.

I would say having seen it numerous times, the hardest part of being in a ghetto would be coordination and the following of plans. You can say and hope for something to happen, but there are always those incidents that happen that aren't part of the plan or that stray away from it. However, when something like that happens and stirs up the pot, it is those things that make a ghetto with a common goal come closer together and more unified.

I love playing in ghettos atm, the smaller the better, you can do your own thing

Post Fiend
    Too long, didn't read.

i help bishop build a ghetto known as rapture, but then again we did have solid base though a lot of former rage, tics core the only problem it was mostly a retirement home and we were content top 30 and we really couldn't war since we had crappy activity. I eventually got tired of it ghettoing it out since i was wasting my activity and time so i stop playing for an age
    Last edited by silent_killer; 21-07-2011 at 03:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Bishop: "ya, very
    seeing some guy randomly hit the NS target then brag about his gains, despite a monarch message saying 'do not hit the NS target' is real frustrating
    This just happened, he was adamant that he was correct :/
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I like to post
    Good article Palem, you only miss to get interview with me :P Basically ghetto is any kd with less 23-24 provinces because they cant fight effective for top land/nw/honor chart vs KD with 25 provinces. My most fun memory from game is when i was in total dark ghetto with 1 friend and we did all what we want. Main problem now is alone provinces and small kds don't have real goal like old days because Mehul change honor system and this was one from main reasons to die game. Back normal honor gains/hunt to game and every one can happy play in his ghetto!
    Back old utopia guide is good idea. There was all need info, easy for understand. Every age i read it in my old days. Wiki is good for extra info but not for new ppl. For example you cant Find stances now...its in changes age 49 but not put in age 50 and 51. Some moderators are lazy to use copy/paste :P
    I think every ghetto can become strong kd if ppl enjoy to play together and fill kd with 25 acc. GL to all small kds new age.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Elitbg View Post
    Wiki is good for extra info but not for new ppl. For example you cant Find stances now...its in changes age 49 but not put in age 50 and 51. Some moderators are lazy to use copy/paste :P
    ...erm...
    http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...id_%26_Stances

We need a more accurate guide for translating Elitish.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    We need a more accurate guide for translating Elitish.
    i normally ask richdude to translate for me

Thread Information