Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UF News: EoA Article - NW/Land/Honour & War Wins Crowns

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar

UF News: EoA Article - NW/Land/Honour & War Wins Crowns

Ages always differ depending on how people feel the age went. There are always going to be the ups and the downs over the course of an age. The old adage that, "it isn't how you start, it is how you finish" is one saying that could not possible ring with any more truth than it does in Utopia. On that note, there are several crowns to be given out!!

There are 3 kingdoms that deserve special mention for their efforts in the 50th age of Utopia. The following kingdoms have managed to obtain the NW & Land crown, the Honour crown and the war win crown respectively!

Networth & Land Crown - Dreams - 73372383 networth & 346033 acres
    Honour Crown - Freeakstyle - 71804 Honour Points
    War Wins - Diary of a Wimpy Kid with an 8/9 war record

I spoke to each kingdom in turn about their ages, their achievements and asked them to comment on any aspect(s) of the age that they felt were worth mentioning. Needless to say, each kingdom had quite a lot to say.

Dreams had the following to say about their achievement:

Award for Top Effort goes to Elit first and foremost for the entire age. Without him, the kingdom wouldn't be anywhere near where is it now. *hold for applause, 30 seconds*
    Excellent Leadership Award is shared by Dirty, Charmey and phiwha for keeping the kingdom going through the ups and downs... *hold for applause, 1 minute 20 seconds*
    The Crown Clown Award to Syntico for his extensive records on kingdom headwear. *hold for applause, 16 absalometric minutes 22 seconds*
    The Resident Skillcheck and Activity Nazi Awards go to Koti00 and Arafel respectively. The kingdom thanks them for their service! *hold for 30 seconds applause. clapping is mandatory pending possible audits of overall enthusiasm level*
    Biggest Province Award goes to: octobrev. Congratulations! *hold for 30 seconds applause. Security please ensure phiwha does not cause a disturbance*
    Super Whorer Award goes to: vivic. Inspiring Stuff! *recipient is wearing the famed meat suit fashioned from noob carcass marinated in tear of failed explorer. Be on lookout for anti-ghettobashing activists*
    Cherrypop Award goes to jonc: we're all very proud of you! Even though you ended smallest! By a lot! *seriously wtf did he even dice at all that last month? i mean hellooo.... erk.. virgins.. **** is this thing still on *fumble fumble*
    2nd Cherrypop Award goes to chandler. Yay! *isn't he a cutie swoon*
    Last but not least, Biggest Thanks to our Bestest players: Amaz, Seijim2, silent_killer, rawrster, Smaskis, Cello, Simon, Matty, ch0b0, Phlayre, redtalun, gergoth, cefria, greaser and BLIZT. *UNPRECEDENTED APPLAUSE for the true heroes of the kingdom! Yay!*

Special Absentee mentions to Realest and Versace who undeniably played a huge role in getting the machine that is Dreams cranked up and rolling. Also Nada for playing the early province, and Clarey for bouncing but not too much. *bunch of jerks that stood me up *grumble grumble* ARE WE DONE YET*

Reporters Note:

I got so much info from Dreams and I wanted to make a note that I am not disregarding it but this really sums up a really good breakdown of the age and I am more than happy to just use this for what Dreams had to say. They had some serious down periods especially with being GBd in the middle of the age along with Fratzia and SG breaking their CFs to try and raze them so they lost the 1st spot on the server. Good work guys for keeping the crown!

Freeakstyle had the following to say upon obtaining the honour crown:

Well, our primary goal was not and has never been honor, but i guess we got lucky keeping it lol

Our primary goal is warring, aside from that we dont really play for anything else. We take our joy out of a good war against a preferably same sized opponent whos also prepared for war so it is fair for both kingdoms. Around midage or so we got ourselves ahold of the nr1 honor spot, but didnt expect to keep it as the nr2 and nr3 honor (balance and cats) where going to war each other.

That ended in a sort off draw for honor, so we walked away as the 'winner' there.

We kept trying to get wars, challenged Jerks a few times, challenged Notorious KLA a few times, but they all declined. We where quite happy with our own performance and our TMs did a great job especially in our last 2 wars this age.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid, had the following to say about their age and achievement of the war crown.

From a Ghetto last age to winning the war crown, I?m very very happy with the achievement and the commitment put in by all my players. And to everyone in the utopian community, let's make utopia the popular game it was before... by being nice players and polite to one another... especially the monarch whom they need to be more diplomatic to other kingdoms and be more helpful to their players to learn the game so more people can appreciate the game =P

I (the monarch of Wimpy kids) think the age was quite a good one one.. but rather short... I was supposed to have warred with masada, misfits, making noise and modesty but we didnt have the opportunity but if we warred them in future, i doubt i will ever have the chance to give them our best war capability like this age.

My mates and I have specifically chosen this age to achieve top war wins.. and it was a big commitment n effort in this.

We had war buttons for all wars except our first war, they were multis but they taught us the essence and importance of having the war button and making the first deadly wave!!

A very special thanks to my personal friends who put up with the commitment... and to feintheart and his friends, to my favourite Corn who is talkative but always a nice and selfless player.. to daisy who is leaving us.. to my mates who played in the ghetto in age 49 (nile, whining, mamby), and to my new players this age as well who joined us and made us a strong warring kingdom. And I would like to commemorate A.J (I cry cuz I fly) who got deleted due to flaming on the war forums with the war again shingens (i forgot their kingdom location). =P

To all the kingdoms above

Great work from all of you, huge kudos for the effort. You reached the top of your respective goals (although FS say they weren't aiming for honour, they are being complicated ) With age 50 over, a new age will dawn for each and everyone one of us. Best of luck to everyone and their kingdoms. Lets have another great age!!
    Last edited by Mad_Scottish; 20-07-2011 at 22:04.

Lol I love it! ^5

yay. ^5 octobrev!

dreams who are they?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    woot for crowns...and stuff lol

Veteran
    Congrats to all the winners.

Yay! I got a mention!
    Proudly played in: Mystic Aura, FREE, Fellatio/Vae Victis, Nexus, Seasons, Dreams, Polar Bears/AMA
    Crowned with Seasons in age 37 (honor), 39 (nw/land) and 41 (nw/land)
    Crowned with Dreams in age 50 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with AMA in age 59 (KD nw)
    Crowned with Expendables in age 65 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with Cellos Republic in age 66 (KD nw/land)
    Now playing in: Canadian Rebellion (not to be confused with Cromulent Republic or Cellos Republic, obviously)

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    I have added in the actual amounts for nw, land, honour and war wins etc.... had accidentally missed that out :S

dreams doesn't deserve to win they cheat cuz no one is that good plus fury allowed them to win by intentionally bouncing 5 hits a in row
    and elit convincing webmaster that it was okay to get waved for 65k

AWWW PHLAYRE. <3 Won't stand you up next time you visit Canada. Promise. ;]

Congratulations Dreams! :] You trollfags deserved it.

whatever V you've been in toronto since may you and the mr has been ignoring me

Enthusiast
    charmey in dreams, you say?

Quote Originally Posted by silent_killer View Post
    whatever V you've been in toronto since may you and the mr has been ignoring me
    They just don't want to get robbed.
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force

∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

Enthusiast
    how do you determine a war wins crown? im assuming the kingdom with the most war wins, but then someone with 9/16 record would win, yet 8/9 is surely more impressive...anyways congrats to the winners, gl to everyone this age

Matter of time Arafel takes over Dreams.Mark my words =P

gj mate

Thread Information