Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UF News: EoA Article - NW/Land/Honour & War Wins Crowns

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    If you really want to waste an age doing nothing but jumping into and out of wars with 1 kd, be my guest. You really aren't wasting any of my time lol
    Although keep in mind fake wars are against the rules and someone may report you with actual solid evidence of your shenanigans.
    FWs aren't against the rules as they aren't policed. Reporting them will get you nothing.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Just like VM abuse, right?

I'm not a betting man, but I'd be willing to bet quite a bundle that you had evidence of the same kds warring each other more than 5 times in an age, the same kd winning every time and some CE's into the war showing minimal activity, support would at least look into it.

FW's aren't policed because support doesn't go out and look for FW's and I'm willing to bet most of the reports (if any) are insufficient. I'm sure if someone reported something, that is against the rules, in a sufficient manner, they'd do something about it.

VM abuse is policed. It's been made clear no action will be taken on FWs. However, it is possible to turn it into a matter of farming, not a simple FW. Farming wins!
    S E C R E T S

.....Although keep in mind fake wars are against the rules and .....
    um say what? i think you got your wording wrong there otherwise all top land teams would get deleted lol. now farming in fake wars is a different story and VM abuse has been well documented and policed.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Right, but up until people started getting booted out of VM, it wasn't being policed and was still considered against the rules.

FW's are against the rules and with sufficient evidence there's no reason action shouldn't be taken.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy| View Post
    um say what? i think you got your wording wrong there otherwise all top land teams would get deleted lol. now farming in fake wars is a different story and VM abuse has been well documented and policed.
    Really, just like when Trading was illegal and basically every top kd there has ever been has been a result of trading? They weren't deleted were they?

However, were people deleted for trading in obvious cases? Yes.

Right, but up until people started getting booted out of VM, it wasn't being policed and was still considered against the rules.

FW's are against the rules and with sufficient evidence there's no reason action shouldn't be taken.
    Exactly, the provs were pulled out of VM and suspended, when have you seen a kd pulled out of a FW? The devs/support said very specifically NO ACTION will be taken on FWs. The only possible way for the WW scenario to be against the rules is if they considered getting free wins as farming.
    S E C R E T S

All the top KDs openly admit to FW, and the UF News team reports on them.

I would bet anything that not a single KD will get punished for FW this age.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
    All the top KDs openly admit to FW, and the UF News team reports on them.

I would bet anything that not a single KD will get punished for FW this age.
    Of course not, they aren't against the rules. I don't know what magical land Palem is living in at the moment, lol.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    They are against the rules. It's been said that they ARE against the rules...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop
    Spirit of the Rules

Players attempting to manipulate rules and quirks of the game in ways obviously not intended may be subject to deletion.
    ^There it is, right there.^

Just because something isn't policed doesn't mean it isn't against the rules. I let TONS of trolling and flaming go on these boards, but that doesn't mean THEY aren't against the rules.

Most likely support doesn't police FW's out of necessity, in that FW's are the best solution to an issue with wars being very destructive and taking a while to recover. It's a game issue that needs fixing and FW's are a good way to deal with that issue.

However, abusing FW's to rack up war wins doesn't fit into that necessity at all. It's just a stupid pointless abuse of game mechanics.

sandwich - I bet no one will be punished for FW's either, assuming no one is stupid enough to waste and age abusing FW's to win the very unofficial war crown lol

Players attempting to manipulate rules and quirks of the game in ways obviously not intended may be subject to deletion.
    Except for the very important fact that you are not subject to deletion for being in a FW, so FW doesn't fit that description, lol.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Does that say you WILL be deleted? Nope, it doesn't.

Wanna keep trying?

Does that say you WILL be deleted? Nope, it doesn't.

Wanna keep trying?
    I don't need to keep trying, I've already won. Not only will kds in FW NOT be deleted, they CAN'T be deleted. The devs said there will be no action taken, until they say otherwise it isn't against the rules and they have no grounds to act on them. You're usually more logical than this Palem.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    lol @ can't be deleted.

Did the devs tell people when they started to police VM abuse? No. People were told "It's always been against the rules and you shouldn't have been doing it."

Either way, we're really not discussing the same thing. I'm not saying if Simians jump into a FW with Pulse that both kds will be punished or something like. I'm talking about clear, obvious, and pointless abuse of the system.

Kd A wars/beats kd B
    Kd A wars/beats kd B
    Kd A wars/beats kd B
    Kd A wars/beats kd B
    Kd A wars/beats kd B
    Kd A wars/beats kd B
    Kd A wars/beats kd B
    Kd A wars/beats kd B
    Kd A wars/beats kd B
    ...ect.

If you really deny seeing the difference between that and two kds FW'ing to avoid getting farmed out, then you're just being stubborn, which is surprising from someone who supported policing FW's.

Not sure why you are lol'ing.

The devs didn't state that they wouldn't take action on VM abuse, irrelevant comparison.

And I already said the scenario you describe would only be considered against the rules if the devs see it as a type of farming. Just being in a FW is not against the rules, farming wins may be.

And I do support policing FWs, I don't understand why they refuse to do so.
    S E C R E T S

Thread Information