Thread: Question on Explore costs

Regular

Question on Explore costs

Exploration costs (gc and soldiers) increase when you explore at the beginning of the age. But if I explore later in the age, the cost does not move (except with incoming land). At what point do these costs not increase? Is it only on acres explored the first hour? Only In Protection? Or... ?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The more land you explore, the more expensive exploring costs (at least if I followed Bijo's explanation correctly). This increase is fairly small, but when you explore for a large amount of acres in the first hour, that change is easily noticeable.

Regular
    3 + 1/210 * ( Land - 300 + Min ( Land - 300, ( Land Explored - Land Lost ) / 2 ) )^1.03

So what this is saying, is that Exploration costs will increase immediately after hitting the "Explore" button, up until the point where I lose more acres than I explored? And as I lose more land, Exploration costs become cheaper? Interesting. This is good to know - thanks.

Postaholic
    General rule, every 60 acres = 1 extra sold cost.

wrong wrong and.... wrong

wiki needs an update and fast!!!

http://wiki.thedragonportal.eu/index...ation_Formulas

use this formulas you have their the whole info you need

Your formula is way outdated Bijo - which is weird because i gave it to you so i don't know what you did to it :p

I've tried to update the wiki in a format that can be understood easily, but the explore formula is quite funky.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijo View Post
    wrong wrong and.... wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Your formula is way outdated Bijo - which is weird because i gave it to you so i don't know what you did to it :p

I've tried to update the wiki in a format that can be understood easily, but the explore formula is quite funky.
    roflcopter. nuff said?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post

bishop thats why i said its outdated the one i posted a few years ago is not the one i posted on my wiki :)

thats why i posted a link if you will check the link and copy the info from my wiki then it will be just fine (i have no account on the wiki so i cant edit that myself ^^)

RaceEffect Dark Elves = 120%, others = 100%

yours is outdated ;)
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Regular
    But ignoring the actual formula.., putting it's effects into WORDS, it's then true that exploration costs will increase immediately after hitting the "Explore" button, up until the point where I lose more acres than I explored. And as I lose more land, Exploration costs become cheaper.

I don't care about the actual formula in this case, I'm just trying to understand it's in-game affect. Qualitatively.
    Last edited by regleant; 22-07-2011 at 12:30.

He has Dark Elves in his formula and wants to say someone else's is outdated lol. Fail.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by regleant View Post
    But ignoring the actual formula.., putting it's effects into WORDS, it's then true that exploration costs will increase immediately after hitting the "Explore" button, up until the point where I lose more acres than I explored. And as I lose more land, Exploration costs become cheaper.

I don't care about the actual formula in this case, I'm just trying to understand it's in-game affect. Qualitatively.
    Yes,the bigger you are the more it costs to explore - land currently being explored is also taken into account.

kinda please direct me to the exploration window

Thread Information