Thread: Min safe offense

Post Demon

Min safe offense

What level offense (and defense) is needed to stay safe at different sizes at OOP? At 415 and 540 I assume you only really need 5k of each or so, since there are so many targets. But I'm seeing people quoting 30-35k MO for killers coming oop - wouldn't 15k MO be enough deterrent for them to skip a 1k acre prov and go looking for a "free acre" hit?

And does anyone actually have a plan drawn up for hitting 30k+ ? I'm planning a fairly tightly run sequence, and am only hitting around 15k/15k Off/Def at best... how much more can you really get? Especially since I'm ToGing hard to get everything trained, and most don't have that option.

Yes, I could go pure defense, but since I'm an attacker (ignore the faery part, just think generic attacker) I'd much rather use my offense as a deterrent instead of defense. Then I'm ready for war and can get a plunder or two as I find targets.

So, again, what is a safe OPA or Offense to OOP at? For 1,000 acre, for 900 acre? Do I really have to throttle back?
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

There is no safe defense OOP. Offense is only a deterrent to help prevent you from being hit based on your potential to retal. The problem with your 15k/15k strat is that you will get double tapped and can only single tap retal, or 2 provinces will hit you and you can only retal one. Unless you can properly sim a prov or have someone sim one for you, or you have an idea on how to achieve high military numbers, you should definitely not explore to more than 700 acres. You can't go OOP at 900+ as a Fae without support of other provs. And what I mean by support of other provs, meaning you could *possibly* pull off trying a full def Fae if you had several other provinces running high offense who can retal on your behalf. You either get hit, or they see your support provs and leave you be, but in a ghetto you are more likely to be hit than left alone.
    S E C R E T S

The best way to avoid getting hit OOP is by not exploring and making sure all your cash is spent.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Veteran
    At 1k acres, you will be at a very nice size for the 700 acre provs to hit. They can have over 40k offense, so I'd say you'll want 50k defense.

At 600 acres or less, 25k defense will probably keep safe cuz they wont be able to dtap.

Your amount of offense wont scare off the good kingdoms, cuz they'll look at the situation as 25 vs 1. Only if you could actually break their bank will the offense matter.

I go offence heavy, helps me retal when I inevitably get hit.

run all defense, whatever you can't train use those soldiers to hit land defense provinces

works all the time i never get hit

Angry

i stay at 400 acres plunder 20 millions , pimp my province and then grow by attacks ,

Ill pick up the acres of all the explorers in the second week of the age . Then again i dont play for acres but for trashing other provinces, its funny to be 500 acres and be able to crap on someone twice your size. Sometimes i dont even trad but just raze them to show them pain.

I wont be hitting on 25 ppl kds , like all other ghetto players , im afraid of the retaliation . If the ghetto had balls we could keep the top kds from being top kds by heavy chaining all kds that have 25 provinces. The whole island against the 25 kd players . Ive got two 25 kd players on my little island .

It would be nice to see the top kds fighting for their lives , but they know we are cowards and thats why they feed on us so easy , and nap each other and laugh at us and call us noobs.
    - Get the best out of your gameplay, go 45% homes minimum .
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    7 out f 7 war wins age 50 guarantees.
    High homes = good

Veteran
    i stay at 400 acres plunder 20 millions , pimp my province and then grow by attacks ,

Ill pick up the acres of all the explorers in the second week of the age .
    you mean of the ones 20-30x that? haha good luck

I wont be hitting on 25 ppl kds , like all other ghetto players , im afraid of the retaliation . If the ghetto had balls we could keep the top kds from being top kds by heavy chaining all kds that have 25 provinces. The whole island against the 25 kd players . Ive got two 25 kd players on my little island .
    damn, so all the island kds are gonna give hostiles to the 25 ppl kd? sounds cool, endless feedfest! would they hit into war too? i think that's against the spirit of the game :(

Post Demon
    The minimal safe offense is a kd that is organized enough to fight a war oop, and the offense and defense required to do so - it's not all about having the right numbers, or running insane offense OOP in search of epic gains which may or may not materialize.

Having enough offense to hit the killers OOP is a fair deterrent, but if they feel that your kingdom can't fight back as a whole, it's not much of one. Having enough defense to prevent a double-tap works well, for the first wave of hits anyway, as long as you don't have tons of money laying around.

The strategy I use depends on my race, but at the very least I have as much offense as defense, and train as much as I can afford - more emphasis on offense if I am Undead, Orc, Human, Avian, or Dwarf... which is pretty much all races, lol.

While not an immediately visible deterrent, barracks do help you get your early gains a bit faster, and ease the transition from economy to pure attacking, at a slight expense to total income (honestly, are you going to run more than 60% banks+arms?) or offensive power from TGs.

if they hit war , hit the, oow too , take all the 25 provinces kds down
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    High homes = good

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by gojete View Post
    if they hit war , hit the, oow too , take all the 25 provinces kds down
    u drunk? that makes minimal sense. if any :)

I got wasted drinking beer and vodka , playing mario kart wii we lose all games. Not fun though it was a very sad day with the crazy guy in norway at all its a very sad day
    High homes = good

Enthusiast
    last age I came OOP on 750 as a faery with 35k def and was completely fine. only people hitting 40k MO oop are merchants.

Thread Information