Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tweaking my Attacking Strategy

Tweaking my Attacking Strategy

Hi I've come back to play for this round although Im kinda late but I was planning on running this build (it may need a little bit more fixing but generally its pretty good i think this is it)...

35% homes gives about a 20% population increase which is huge:

35% homes
    7% farms
    27% TGs
    10% forts
    9% guard stations
    9% barracks
    4% towers
    1% dungeons

It may need a little bit more tweaking but its for a high + super active attacking strategy...

This is fo rundead tactician btw..
    Last edited by Dragonite; 30-07-2011 at 23:32.
    I came, I saw, I conquered.

If you are super active you should be running around 20% barracks at least

Dont be posting your high homes strat here it will get flamed . 20% pop plus sciences does make a huge difference, but its something that most ppl wont agree on. IMO its too much TGs and too little barracks, you could be making 3 hits in war with enough barracks
    - Get the best out of your gameplay, go 45% homes minimum .
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    7 out f 7 war wins age 50 guarantees.
    High homes = good

You gotta throw down some guilds,

undead right? I think I will reduce the farm to 0% and add guilds...

also, before anyone else, reducing homes for other buildings such as hospital or watch tower seems nice in my point of view...

well... I still don't know much about how to play that much but you can try to read the other topics... especially for undeads, there are some of them recently...

Way too many Homes, too many TGs, you have no guilds and it already adds up to 102%, and that's just to start.

Grade: F-

Can't believe I wasted my 5000th post on that.....
    Last edited by DHaran; 31-07-2011 at 00:43. Reason: *sigh*
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by gojete View Post
    If you are super active you should be running around 20% barracks at least

Dont be posting your high homes strat here it will get flamed . 20% pop plus sciences does make a huge difference, but its something that most ppl wont agree on. IMO its too much TGs and too little barracks, you could be making 3 hits in war with enough barracks
    I disagree, 20% barracks is overkill, anymore barracks and it will add just an hour max faster attack time, it is clearly not worth it. Why not post high homes strat here? High homes is clearly worth it, you get much more population and population is the most important thing in this game, more pop more everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    You gotta throw down some guilds,
    Oooops, I forgot about that LOL..

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
    Oooops, I forgot about that LOL..
    Ye LOL, clear you have no idea what ur doing..

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Way too many Homes, too many TGs, you have no guilds and it already adds up to 102%, and that's just to start.

Grade: F-

Can't believe I wasted my 5000th post on that.....
    Uh you didnt supply any reasoning? I believe high homes is a very effective strategy...
    High tgs because im heavy attacker, and well i forgot about guilds ooops so wat small mistake. And if u knew how good i was ud be happy u spent ur 5000 post here lol.

Enthusiast
    I'm going to call BS on that last post. show us your prov from last age.

Yeah people flame on high home strats. No worries, its a trend. Those who choose to use it, would use it like I do. Apart from that, you'll hear;
    1. Get an 80-is BE
    2. Not more than 20% for any types of buildings

I'm experimenting on high homes in fact.

I'm an undead tactician and I used Homes 60%, Banks 40%. Then Right OOP I used 60% Homes, 10% Banks and 30% Rax. So I did some mistake, and I was lack of cash. Currently doing a Homes 40%, Banks 30%, and Rax 30%. I attacked with an average 10 hours each outside my island. IMO, before going into a high home strat, you should boost your military with good cash flow first. Than later switch to high homes where you just need little cash to train your military. The key reason I got a wrong move was, I have not enough cash to train my offspecs, I keep on hitting Traditional March, and so far as untill now I only plunder twice. :P My plan now is to train my troops including 3tpa with this strat, keep on gaining/loosing acres for fast drafting, and change back to Homes 60%, TG 10% and 30% Rax. I'll be maintaining my 30% Rax, and adjusting Homes from 60% max - 40% min. After satisfied, maybe I'll add in wpa element for a little change. Tweaking here and there for a trial and error.

Just sharing my experience so far with you, Dragonite. And gojete.

All I hear from the forums regarding high homes with uh 5000 posts, its just either bad or not a good idea. Apart from that, there's no justification. Just FYI Dragonite.

Quote Originally Posted by twitched View Post
    I'm going to call BS on that last post. show us your prov from last age.
    I didnt play last age dude. But previous ages ive hit millions of networth many many times, and my kd always wins with my help. One time i almost got #1 in nw but that was prolly about 20 ages ago..

I dont know the number but sometimes armouries reduce the ammout of cash needed , and draft costs etc , and its better than building banks , maybe a mix of banks and armouries ?

Is there anyone here who knows the magic number?

With the dawrf and 140% BE and free buildings the money problem is not such an issue, altough im plundering a lot.

The most expensive things to train for me are thieves , and its always a pain in the azz to retrain them. But if one has good tpa , stealing is possible and it complements nicely to the income.

Imagine if your income is lets say 50,000 gc, and you steal 50,000 gc per hour, thats like doubling your income , if you had some theives dens to reduce the losses of course, maybe even thieves dens work better than both banks and armouries ! but its always hard to find good targets to steal from, and requires more time than just using buildings
    - Get the best out of your gameplay, go 45% homes minimum .
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    7 out f 7 war wins age 50 guarantees.
    High homes = good

You nubs who say there is no justification for not using high homes just don't know how to read. It's been explained numerous times by players of vast experience and knowledge WHY high homes is not a good strategy. Ghetto anecdotes do not justify using a bad strategy, since in a ghetto the only thing that matters is activity. Put any decent player against your high homes strat and you will get destroyed, and most likely PKd. Frankly, I'm tired of trying to help people, since all I get in return is a bunch of ghetto jibberish that doesn't have any value to it. If you want to keep being a ghetto player, and don't want ACTUAL input on your ghetto strats, then by all means stop posting here. We wouldn't want you to get any good advice now would we?

The worst part is the biggest advocates of these garbage strats are just trolls, and you other idiots eat it up all day like its gospel. It's sad that this is the state of the Strategy Board.
    Last edited by DHaran; 31-07-2011 at 13:46.
    S E C R E T S

Enthusiast
    dragonite: put up or shut up. you didn't put up. there is absolutely no reason to believe someone spouting nonsense when they say "no way man, I'm super pro!"

Thread Information