Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: homes

Gojete, I am a monarch of a 'ghetto' we finished 32nd last age in the land charts but stay near to 75 most of the age. We use the same name every age so find us we will war you and We will show you where you are going wrong with the high homes strat.

If I wasn't on vacation for 2 weeks at the end of the age I probably have been running ~0 homes as i would have been in better shape.
    all the master (can I change this back yet bishop)

Quote Originally Posted by gojete View Post
    Most of the free time I used was to write crap here in the forums.

Stonedville (Wanna join us? #publicstoners)
    Modesty he, that's indeed a name that rings a bell :)

If you want to discuss it we better go fact by fact as to make the posts shorter. So post me your dream scenario and ill reply to it from true experience of what happened in that situation

At 40% homes your draft is over 70% and higher,80% is not unheard of. You have very few peasants from start. Your province has income, and as a matter of fact you WANT to get fireballed . Why ? beacuse your low peasantry will give very low gains to the enemy, While for most normal provinces running normal strats, in the first fireball wave you will see their peasants going down by 70%. You are already down to that number of peasants. So you want to be fireballed so the enemy wastes their mana on you.

Since you have so few peasants, its very easy to kidnap and recover the lost pop, making the damages of the fireball neglected.

And from experience , again in all this wars and conflicts. The tm will move on to easier to fireball targets where they see the largest gains. They wont spend their stealth fireballing a fraction of the peasants which they could get from a person running 65% draft .

If you run high homes there will be easier targets than you . Unlike normal strats that rely on low BE and the minimum bonuses the buildings will give , high homes relies on high BE and maximun bonuses from buildings .

CASE 2
    "You will be left with 60%homes , which are useless buildings that give no bonuses."

( i would not normally run more than 40% homes in war )

Homes are giving you higher BE making it possible to run less buildings for their max bonuses.
    Instead of having several kinds of buildings ,high homes deliver the best bonus from what you really need.
    - Get the best out of your gameplay, go 45% homes minimum .
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    7 out f 7 war wins age 50 guarantees.
    High homes = good

we are a ghetto last age we finished outside the top 100 (we had a bad age) we also started of really badly. we have improved got more players on board. also if you hover around 75-100 most people will still see you as a ghetto.
    Also we were in the middle of a war at EOA we were winning in acres so that gave us an advantage.

I have never said that high homes would work in kds in top 100, i have never tried them in that range, im saying that they work wonders in kingdoms that are not top 100.

Whats up with the hate al3x , why would a top 120 kd fight a top 32 kd ?

You are confusing terms, when have i ever said that high homes would work in the top.
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    High homes = good

gojete:
    theory is great with max homes and 10% BE science as you have said you can still only get 110%BE MAX. I was running 100+ with very little homes, I could run numbers all day.
    Find us OOP or at the end of the age we will war you you wont get 7/7 again.
    Also we are top 100 most of the time i do have to say 32 was a very good result for us. one i would mind repeating.

edit: we were 77 in the networth charts, so we were very land fat
    Last edited by Al3x; 25-07-2011 at 11:46.

so you choose to stay on the bottom to use the high home strat? technically any strat can work on the bottom but its not because the strat is good. its because you are active and they arent lol. if you used a real strat you would pwn that much harder.
    Icy 4 8

Enthusiast
    "@twitched
    ..."

indeed. it was a pretty dumb comment in a thread about homes. :p

btw everyone who is completely against homes in war are wrong. they have merit. they aren't auto-include like tgs for attackers or towers for all provs, but they definitely have a place depending on your prov.

im not anti homes. i run 15% to start wars myself. i just understand that after a certain % excess homes kills your province capabilities
    Icy 4 8

I was a human sage so was able to minimize my home use running into a war. However if i so servery under pop i would put them in there to increase my BR

Enthusiast
    indeed, boko. thats why you should gauge your home effectiveness. BE*%non-homes compared to BE w/o homes. unless you really, really need that pop space or the br bonus, it's a good indicator as to whether the homes are worthwhile or not. if there is a large discrepancy then the homes are either very worth it or very not.

I still maintain that faeries should auto include 10-15% homes. they actually do need the pop space.

Ok you have some players that will probably never get to the top 100. OR that are very new to the game . (by some i mean most )

What would you rather want them trying to run a non high homes strat and learing the game after ages of experimentation, feeling depressed because their province suck. Feeling like losers because they are playing in kds that suck? Do you want people leaving the game because its too hard and boring and takes too long to have fun?

Or would you rather have them having fun from start, winning wars , doing ops attacking and all that , instead of being frustrated because due to their crapy province they cant even muster 60 opas. And having them wasting week after week trying to have a province ready for a war, while their kingdom either is completely stagnant or they are being vultured by others? Why do you want them to suffer all this time,just so they "earn" the right for having fun?

This is a fact, if you run 40% homes you will see your province achieve an immediate change, that will enable you to attack, and do ops, and spells without having to wait several days by getting ready. With high homes you can have fun from start, without the need to spend several hours and days and months learning to play the game.

Do you see how infinitely superior high homes is for the ghetto player. It enables people to play the game more dynamically from start, This are proven facts.
    Last edited by gojete; 25-07-2011 at 12:51. Reason: I REDUCED TO 10 LINES!!!!!
    High homes = good

Do you see how infinitely superior high homes is for the ghetto player. It enables people to play the game more dynamically from start, This are proven facts.
    yes for a deep dark ghetto yes it is a good stat.
    However if you want to improve age on age this stat wont work. you will be confined to hitting other ghettos staying at the same level. I don't think the kingdom in play in will every reach the 'top' as we don't have the hyperactivity to do that but we can have 7+ wars an age (winning and losing some) learning from each one.

How many times did you get PKed last age? did you not learn from each time what not to do? Getting better each time.

Yeah i used anonimity a lot afterwards so i didnt die anymore .

What do you mean deep dark ghetto, we was one if not the best under top 100 ghetoo kd around , we won 7 wars out of 7 what are you talking about . Man we was better than 80% of the sever , you are really making some very wrong assumptions out of ignorance right there, i mean no offense there man just stating the facts.

High homes work for 80% of the world and you can have a lot of fun.

The tone of the " you will be confined to hitting other ghettos staying at the same level.
    I dont think that you are aware of what your statements really mean.

If the strat has been proved to work and give results where 80% of where all the players play at in this game. Why do you keep flaming it if works? or undermine it . Its more like a personal issue that you bring in here than the game itself.

My posts end up being so long because you bring your views and beliefs of your private life when you come here, im just talking about ways of playing the game that give great results.

I dont really want to have to repost the super long post i deleted, but it appears neccessary that you understand the deep implications of your comments and false statements, which come out of your imagination and prejudice.

I talking facts here and results , and stating where the strat works wonders, and you flame it with personal views and thoughts .

Cant we just stick to discussing strategy and not out of the game points of view in life? If you have the need and the idea of " getting out of the ghetto" or "becoming better" or "wanting, and all that they brainwash you with thats great, but why bring it into the game?
    High homes = good

Cant we just stick to discussing strategy and not out of the game points of view in life? If you have the need and the idea of " getting out of the ghetto" or "becoming better" or "wanting, and all that they brainwash you with thats great, but why bring it into the game?
    say wut?

Thread Information