Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: homes

you are push a strategy that you don't even use and the "numbers you can achieve" you can't. I did the maths.
    A good level of science you can get the same PPA. and a better BE
    all the master (can I change this back yet bishop)

Quote Originally Posted by gojete View Post
    Most of the free time I used was to write crap here in the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by fausto View Post
    Yah, I have 2million...
    defect now while you have the chance.... no wait he will see that.... tell me where you are and i can sort that out don't worry.

hahaha... Elves lost the troop costs reduction, I will never have 1 million this age, even at 5k acres... lol...
    "There's no Knowledge that's not Power."

Avian cleric 50% homes at 1000 acres
    1.5 wpa, 3 raw tpa, 45 dpa (51 dpa 114% double wages ) and 89 opa ( 4 generals double wages 114% military eff 110,591 off)

The other 50% buildings are up to anyone. Lets say :
    5% farms seem enough with 50% food science
    8% WT with 50% crime science
    8% guilds for buffs and anonymity
    id go 20% barracks
    and 9% whatever
    I took your 9% extra acres and gave you 5% towers and 3% TGs because I'm a nice person ;) Science research level is set at minimum, and science levels are as follow: 125BPA in income, BE, and Pop each, 50BPA in food, 75 BPA in gains, thievery, and magic each. Total of 650 BPA which I will keep constant for my province. I also assume 107.6% base ME and that MP/GP is cast. Set the goal DPA at 45 instead of your predicted 51, but I can change that in all of 2 seconds if you object. Also, food and rune stock will be set both at 40k. Also assuming monarch income bonus since I think that I remember you saying that you're monarch. Removed monarch bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gojete's province
    Race: Avian Net Worth: 196538.0374
    Personality: Cleric NW/A: 196.5380374
    BE: 107.836%
    Draft Rate: 70.0% Wage Rate: 200%
    rTPA: 3 mTPA: 4.558845727
    rWPA: 1.5 mWPA: 2.279422863
    OME: 1.1428196 DME: 1.1298
    DPA w/o elites: 45 DPA w/elites: 81.6382182
    OPA: 86.46115966 Max OPA w/ generals: 96.83649882
    Income Table
    GC
    IA: Yes
    Riots: No
    Raw Income 21538
    Net Income 24909.23025
    Science Cost 1800
    Wages 15958.75
    Net Profit 7150.480247
    Runes
    Produced: 5735
    Decayed: 4800
    Net Change: 935
    Food
    Vermin? No
    Drought? No
    Fertile Lands? Yes
    Produced: 7386.25
    Decayed: 400
    Needed: 7776.75
    Net Change: -790.5
    Attack time reduction from rax: 25.88%
    Last edited by Ordray; 26-07-2011 at 16:57. Reason: removed monarch bonus and added BE
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Now, for my quick province:
    Quote Originally Posted by Low homes province
    Race: Avian Net Worth: 185200.5374
    Personality: Cleric NW/A: 185.2005374
    Draft Rate: 70.0% Wage Rate: 200%
    BE: 82.787%
    rTPA: 3 mTPA: 4.558845727
    rWPA: 1.5 mWPA: 2.279422863
    OME: 1.2898012 DME: 1.30864734
    DPA w/o elites: 45 DPA w/elites: 83.45898411
    OPA: 88.43521928 Max OPA: 99.04744559
    Income Table
    GC
    IA: Yes
    Riots: No
    Raw Income 21129
    Net Income 26712.10102
    Science Cost 1800
    Wages 14172.05
    Net Profit 10740.05102
    Runes
    Produced: 4403
    Decayed: 4800
    Net Change: -397
    Food
    Vermin? No
    Drought? No
    Fertile Lands? Yes
    Produced: 7938.75
    Decayed: 400
    Needed: 7026
    Net Change: 512.75
    Attack time reduction from rax:19.87%
    You may have me in rune production and attack times, but I've got you in OPA, DPA, NW/A (lower with more power wins), food production, gc income (roughly 50% higher), and sustainability. I win.
    Last edited by Ordray; 26-07-2011 at 16:55.

After testing several strats other than high homes for 2 ages im still testing new things.

I already know high homes work wonders. But ill test other high homes builds specifically for dwarf

So far in my findings undead tactitian is an ubber high homes combo. same as fairie rogue, avian cleric, halfling rogue too . Orc cleric . Basically all clerics can benefit from 45% to 55% high homes, or even higher, it depends on the purpose .

Because you have a constant 45% homes , it makes it an extreme flexible strat, you only need to change 20% of your buildings and you can go from pump to war strat. See the costs reduction that it implies .

im aware that a lot of ppl run numbers in their head,i cant afford the time, so i do it all in game .

I will test all of your strats too, right now im pumpin extreme sciences with that in mind.

I will run your builds , again this is why i went dwarf, one because i think dwarf is the ultimate high home race, and two so at higher acres when i cant plunder, i am able to switch the buildings anyway throughout the whole age and run in game all the build strats that you give me.

If i find your builds better for whatever purpose i will be sure to post it. Im not doing this out of an ego trip, or to prove you wrong and me right or whatever . I like testsing builds . Dont be looking for malice and bad faith where there is none .

What im doing right now is turbo speeding my province . It is a variation of a strat i call little bank.

A little bank will plunder between 8 to 16 million gc a day. Its a kd strat that allows the kingdom to send dragons from left to right, and gives a clear advantage to the kd that uses it.

Variations of this is having a little bank, alongside an unbreakable.
    Lets say you have a lil bank, and a province of 3 or 4 ,000 acres, and the rest of the kd at 800 to 1200.
    This will allow you to fight against kds of similar nw, that dont have the resources your kd does.And own them.

For example even in war, a little bank can provide 3 to 4 million gc per day. Paying all the dragons without having the rest of the province to need to help doing that.
    Also the provinces that get chained, can receive money from the little bank, and soldiers from the unbreakable to quick recover .
    Out resourcing the enemy , and running a proper trade system is key to winning wars in the ghetto.

Apart from the builds and normal war strats, we tested several aid trade system strategies.

I use the trade system properly, the tax rates, for example a soldier costs 100 gc in the trade balance. If you draft soldiers with arms at extreme with patriotism that cost 60 gc, you can send them as aid and gain 40 gc surpluss in your trade balance.
    There are many ways to use the trade system, in many of the games ive played, heavy trading is a must. And this game offers the option of trade, although its seriously overlooked by most players.

The taxes going down to 15% and other things, becoming a strong trading kingdom, that trades everyday all the time, sending money, soldiers, runes , etc. Trade is a weapon that make a kingdom very strong.

Theres more ways to win a war and defeat an enemy kd that attacking twice a day. Like you know now, most ghettos are a combination of ppl that log in once, others twice, others all the time.

My strats give the ghetto kd the ability to have all kinds of people and still be a heavy warrying kd without the need of having everyone to use mirc, or log in a lot or whatever.

I test in all fronts
    - Get the best out of your gameplay, go 45% homes minimum .
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    7 out f 7 war wins age 50 guarantees.
    High homes = good

ordray did you run the provinces in a sim, take a way the monarch, im not monarch anymore.
    Whats the BE that i got with the high homes build?
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    High homes = good

You can only get 100% times what ever science unless you are dwarf.
    Everyone has said high always look good on paper.
    Go dwarf Shepard pump 100% food science and go 100% homes then pump the numbers.

Only about 107.8% BE. That's including an ~11.2% BE science and ~7.3% pop science boost. Of course, I'd normally run more pop science than that, but I had to come up with a reasonable base line.

Also it's hard to good science level if you are constantly getting PKed

wow would dwarf shepard be able to self sustain its food with 100% food science?

Those sciences are really good for the ghetto, you dont see more than 8% in pop science and normaly aaround 10% to 15% in BE 50% in thievery and magic, maybe 8% in income and 6% war science are pretty much the standard in the ghetto
    High homes = good

You are mixing terms , i didnt get pkd because of high homes, i got pked because of banking

first dead was not a dead, i played in an internet coffee and my account got deleted
    second time, after a destructive war against a kd called the jacks, they killed me and a nother guy , we was both banking, and we killed 2 of them too i think.

the third death wasnt my province, it was a guy that was leaving the kd, so he sat his province, and i banked with him too, and he got killed too. fortunately in the 3rd week.

So it was the banking not the high homes that get you killed
    High homes = good

Your province dying post makes no sense try retyping it.
    Shepard gets free food that is effected by food science. You need around 100% (someone confirm that please) and you don't need farms.
    Or go Undead they don't need farms either.

Post Demon
    Ordray - how hard for you to play with the build % to get the food/runes/attack time to equal? I think you'll find then that there is a lower OPA, but a higher OPNW still. Which would be the fairer test (arguing there are to many rax is a different question) though it takes a bit more work to work out. I think it'll show nicely that you can beat high homes - but not by a whole lot.
    Related - you can "save" a few banks by lowering your income to match his. But why is your income higher? He's prov has more pes... did he run out of jobs? (If yes... up his DR a point or two) you should require a small number more banks, just like farms/towers/rax.

Also, were you using a TG/Fort split? That could help you out a bit staying above his prov. I'm guessing if you did it fast you didn't bother tuning the TG/Forts/Stables mix. (I think stables are going to be poor unless you've got a heck ton of TGs already.)
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

I used 10% banks, he didn't. Raw income increased by ~2070 gc/hour and increased net income by about 9.31%, so that was more than enough to make up for the extra peasants that he had. He still didn't run out of jobs at 50% homes. You don't run out of jobs completely at 70% draft (which I used on both provinces) until something like 66.9% homes.
    Also, I didn't make his food balance because that is the strat that he chose to give me. If I increase it enough to balance out for him, then he only has: OPA: 85.24007182
    Max OPA: 95.46888044
    DPA w/ elites: 81.6382182

I was using 20/15 TG/Forts and didn't play around with them to balance them out or anything since I was just throwing it together real quick. Also, both are Avian so no stables possible. I'll see if I can get a better proportion going and I'll edit in my new numbers if they're improved.

*edit* 22/13 seems to be the best ratio for that total % and my goal DPA. New Numbers:OPA: 88.51078934
    Max OPA: 99.13208406
    DPA w/elites: 82.44753506
    Also, for those who were talking about OP/NW here it is for my province. OP/NW:0.478337057
    Max OP(w/ generals)/NW 0.535737503
    Gojete's build: OP/NW: 0.430220691
    Max OP(w/gens)/NW: 0.481847174

So the new difference is now about 3.3 OPA and OP/NW is 0.048116366 and the max OP/NW difference is 0.053890329.
    Still a clear win for my province.
    Last edited by Ordray; 26-07-2011 at 19:13.

Thread Information