Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: High homes builds and war strategies for the ghetto .

High homes builds and war strategies for the ghetto .

This is the high homes test lab, here we can discuss our experiences with high homes.
    Please READ the rules and tips before posting.

1.- No haters
    2.- No flaming , cursing, being aggressive .
    3.- No bad vibes

The test lab is because of the increasing popularity of high homes, and its hard to give high homes advice in private messages, here in the forums and in game.

This is an underground operation for safety reasons you should :

-Please remember that If you post here your experiences with high homes, is highly recommended that you use another account other than your normal post account.

-Please never reveal your location to ANYONE in the forums . You might receive messages asking for your location, " hi i want to be your friend pls give me your location "
    People will try to lure you for your loc to try to kill you so do not ever send your location to anyone, even high homes posters and testers .
    - Get the best out of your gameplay, go 45% homes minimum .
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    7 out f 7 war wins age 50 guarantees.
    High homes = good

Preface
    Well before we get started, its important to know how to read and listen to other peoples posts.

We are discussing here as friends . This is not a debate. It is not meant that anyone agrees or disagrees with anyone else. There is no need to accept or reject anything.

Its important to make the difference between a debate and a discussion .

In a debate, people try to impose their beliefs , ideals and ideas onto the others, trying to make the opposition to comply by force, by wits, by misleading, deceiving and other negative and destructive techniques.

In a discussion we say how we see it, not trying to force our ideas onto others, but just posting what we have found out in our experiences and predictions.

The whole point of this discussion is to find better ways to enjoy the game, namely in this case, by testing and using high homes , and finding better ways to use them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxczlps5_bg
    Last edited by gojete; 05-08-2011 at 18:42.
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    High homes = good

The way I see things is that high homes is inferior to many strategies. In the 2.5 ages that I have played Utopia, my experiences have made me believe that high homes does not leave enough space for other important buildings. My experiences with high homes have also shown me that they make my NW too high.
    My prediction is that most other players will also experience the problems that I experienced. I also predict that those players using high homes may become better at fighting wars if they used less homes.

LL THE BOBS!

As long as you are trolling, I will anti-troll you. High homes strats do not work and will get owned by any decent player. Any nubs who follows the advice of gojete, be sure to remember he gets PKed multiple times an age and has no idea what he's talking about.
    S E C R E T S

Enthusiast
    yoo gojete, I want back in, send me an invite

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    War strategies for the ghetto:

You don't need a strategy. Do whatever you want and be active. You will succeed.

You are all very welcome to keep posting here , so long you keep the hate out as you are doing now.

Now to the tips and tricks .

From reports by other high homes users , and my own, it is not advisable to rebuild the homes until the war is over.
    Once the war starts, your BE should be high, and even when attacked and lose acres, when you regain the acres build something else other than homes !

Its important to plan ahead . Remember that in the ghetto, war comes unexpectedly and if unwanted, the enemy might feed you for days ,even 2 weeks !!! So always try to be ready, have cash at all times.

One good thing with high homes, is that you will have good income . So when the need comes to switch your build, you should have enough gold to go war build.

Since high homes is usually between 35% to 55% . You only need to switch very few buildings , and thus its cheaper to run high homes than a normal strat in the ghetto.

If you have never tried high homes, remember that theres two ways to play it.

Once, some people are right now testing high homes with LOW BE.

I have no experience with this, I myself use high homes with the highest BE.

If you play high homes, with high BE, i can advise you the following.

Use your race and personality strenghts.
    For example an avian cleric , would use guard stations as the main defensive building.

If you can log in a lot, 3 attacks a day, you can use some barracks and hospitals to even further maximize the strenghts of your race and personailty .
    An avian cleric using high homes, guard stations , hospitals and barracks, that can log in very often, is a mean weapon .

As for general ghetto warrying tips. From 13 wars in a row in the last 2 ages .

Remember that people do chain in the ghetto, having 30% reduced losses from guard stations is a very good thing if you can pull it off. When people see that the gains from you are very low, they will move on to another target and leave you alone.

10% watchtowers is a must, and 2 raw tpa seem to make most thieves move to another target.

Anonimity is your friend, if you dont care about honor, when you make a good hit for max gains, try to use anonimity so they cant ambush you.

As a halfling rogue using high homes, i had 110 dpa, i suicided a lot, in war, having raw 6 tpa, and all the mods and max thieves dens, most ppl couldnt get my spy on military, i got hit very rarely even when i left 15 dpa home. It works great in the ghetto. But watch out with the lack of hospitals!

More tips later on
    High homes = good

A more useful tip for all nubs is to ignore the post above me. See gojete? I just helped more than you ever could.
    S E C R E T S

"There's no Knowledge that's not Power."

lol!
    S E C R E T S

Dude, enough "Home Talking"... I wanna Tornadoe you...

Why do you want to scare the fellow high homes players away, i really cant answer all of the tips and tricks ppl ask me in messages 1 by 1, we need a space here in the forums to discuss our findings . Dont scare fellow high homes players from posting, rmemeber that this thread is a hate free zone , if you want to curse and damn, go to the "homes = bad" thread and show your hate there.

This is all love here
    High homes = good

I dont hate you and/or Homes... "Enough" has no hate. "Tornado" has no hate, tornadoes are strategy, the same thing you lack...

I will be posting some ghetto kd war strategies tomorrow, because im beautiful and must go drink and let all women admire me
    High homes = good

Thread Information