Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: High homes = bad

This man is a very high level troll. Please join us on utonet!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

NS ftw
    LL THE BOBS!

Assuming you will be attacking I have a hard time seeing how those homes will provide enough defense to stop/slowdown a proper chain by even a half-decent kingdom. Unless you're playing f*cking blastoise, turtle pokemon extraordinaire people will be able to break you there's just no escaping that. It wouldn't really matter if you have 45 dpa or 60, most attackers will have 80dpa or more. Well enough to break any attack their own size anyway. Your average orc, 7epa with an offensive war-strat will hit 100opa with no problem. You may get a larger army but at the end of the day you'll also be more susceptible to dmg. It's been quite a while since I played on the top level myself Dragonite, I've tried out ages with high homes for the hell of it and in my opinion you'll never be stronger with then without. Ghetto or not.
    Last edited by Minty; 31-07-2011 at 22:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeps View Post
    NS ftw
    High homes = more population = more thieves = more tpa.

Anything else?
    I came, I saw, I conquered.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Assuming you will be attacking I have a hard time seeing how those homes will provide enough defense to stop/slowdown a proper chain by even a half-decent kingdom. Unless you're playing f*cking blastoise, turtle pokemon extraordinaire people will be able to break you there's just no escaping that. It wouldn't really matter if you have 45 dpa or 60, most attackers will have 80dpa or more. Well enough to break any attack their own size anyway. You may get a larger army but at the end of the day you'll also be more susceptible to dmg. It's been quite a while since I played on the top level myself Dragonite, I've tried out ages with high homes for the hell of it and in my opinion you'll never be stronger with then without. Ghetto or not.
    LOL you get +20-30% more population. Now I have to prove you wrong with math.

Say you have a population of 30000.

30,000*1.25(homes)*.75(draft)=
    28,125 ARMY.

Person without homes:
    30,000*.75(draft)= 22500.

So you get 6000 MORE troops. Do the math man. 6000 elites * 9(undead elite) = 54000 RAW more off points. Good luck against that. You hit someone with high homes (you suicide), in turn 24 other provinces with high homes quad tap you each.

And listen Minty, its ok to talk about my strategy but there is no need to diss pokemon okay? Personal attacks are against rules im pretty sure anyways. F*** off man.
    Last edited by Dragonite; 31-07-2011 at 22:34.

uhm... how did you turn a pokemon euphemism into a personal attack?

Regular
    @dragon a kd running kdwide high homes will be unable to find a kd of similr nw that is not on average like 120% bigger.

people do not need to suicide on you because while you bloat your army with raw numbers they have better modifiers And/or attck times.

lets imagine you are somethin gliek say,

35% homes
    7% farms
    27% TGs
    10% forts
    9% guard stations
    9% barracks
    4% towers
    1% dungeons

yes you will be hard to break at first perhaps but due to your NW bloat somebody igger than you can jsut bottom feed EASILY and start the chain, with no hospitals it takes only 6 hits to HALVE your defense NO MATTER how big it is to begin with. now any kd worth a damn is going to soften up their chain targets a bit and with no guilds you can pretty much guarantee youll have pitfalls, storms, MS, chastity, vermin and basically ANY existing offensive spell in existance. now am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you have good tpa because well you have the population to do it easily. however due to your INSANELY LARGE ARMY. thieves re jsut going to eat up the losses and have a field trip killing thousands of troops per op. 2-3 hours after you were declared a chain target, the hybrids and t/m's tore you open a new butt and all you have to fight back the chaining to come is 65% worth of buildings cz the rest went to waste on homes...

now which variables did i forget to factor?

ps. how exctly are you paying for this insanely huge army.
    Last edited by spamely; 31-07-2011 at 22:41.

10% homes is a set 0.8PPA, 1 built home will give you 8 higher population (multiplied by popbonues I suppose). The only multiplier homes will give you is birth rate which is why I'm baffled how you managed to work out this equation "30,000*1.25(homes)*.75(draft)=28,125 ARMY."
    Last edited by Minty; 31-07-2011 at 22:41.

Quote Originally Posted by spamely View Post
    @dragon a kd running kdwide high homes will be unable to find a kd of similr nw that is not on average like 120% bigger.

people do not need to suicide on you because while you bloat your army with raw numbers they have better modifiers And/or attck times.

lets imagine you are somethin gliek say,

35% homes
    7% farms
    27% TGs
    10% forts
    9% guard stations
    9% barracks
    4% towers
    1% dungeons

yes you will be hard to break at first perhaps but due to your NW bloat somebody igger than you can jsut bottom feed EASILY and start the chain, with no hospitals it takes only 6 hits to HALVE your defense NO MATTER how big it is to begin with. now any kd worth a damn is going to soften up their chain targets a bit and with no guilds you can pretty much guarantee youll have pitfalls, storms, MS, chastity, vermin and basically ANY existing offensive spell in existance. now am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you have good tpa because well you have the population to do it easily. however due to your INSANELY LARGE ARMY. thieves re jsut going to eat up the losses and have a field trip killing thousands of troops per op. 2-3 hours after you were declared a chain target, the hybrids and t/m's tore you open a new butt and all you have to fight back the chaining to come is 65% worth of buildings cz the rest went to waste on homes...

now which variables did i forget to factor?

ps. how exctly are you paying for this insanely huge army. you seem to think ALL the extra population gets drafted straight away.
    Gimme a few minutes I need to think before I reply. I dont just blabber random stuff, thinking comes into my strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    10% homes is a set 0.8PPA, 1 built home will give you 8 higher population (multiplied by popbonues I suppose). The only multiplier homes will give you is birth rate which is why I'm baffled how you managed to work out this equation "30,000*1.25(homes)*.75(draft)=28,125 ARMY."
    Who said anything about only 10% homes lol? Multiple that number by 5 or 6 buddy.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonite View Post
    Gimme a few minutes I need to think before I reply. I dont just blabber random stuff, thinking comes into my strategies.
    that's really too bad, i go mostly by feel and do alright. have lots of fun too.

Regular
    this is MOSTLY guess work but your math seems to be WAAAY off. 100% homes would give you like 32% extra pop so to get that 25% pop bonus you are talking about you need like, 75% homes or so?

Enthusiast
    50% homes gives you +4 ppa. if all of that is put into military, that raises your D by 20 dpa max, O by we'll say 32ish. if you want to mix and match (most likely) we'll go with 8 dpa and 20 opa. on an average province, +8dpa = very breakable anyway. puts you to what, 45-50 dpa with stuff out? probably less?

k. I'll break you easy. hell, if you changed 35% of those homes into 20% tgs, 15% forts (at 85 be) that's gonna give you ~6 dpa, ~14 opa. combine that with the extra 1.2 ppa you're getting from homes, (can be another 6 opa, 2 dpa or so) that puts you right on track with the retarded homes strat and you're less susceptible to overpop/bottom feeding.

It does not matter how many homes I calculate with, homes have no population multiplier. You can't multiply your total population with 1.25 because the multiplier you came up with doesn't exist.

Lets take 50% homes as an example not adding any pop-science/honor bonus values into the equation. Every 10% homes is 0.8PPA since every 1 home is 8 extra population. For 50% homes that will be 5 x 0.8PPA = 4PPA. Fully built you get 25PPA. Therefore 50% homes will give you 4 / 25 = 0.16 (or 16% bigger population). 16% bigger population is admittedly alot, but it comes at the cost of half your land.

Enthusiast
    "to get that 25% pop bonus you are talking about you need like, 75% homes or so?"

~78%.

"It does not matter how many homes I calculate with, homes have no population multiplier."

he's saying 25% pop bonus from the amount of homes you have. i.e. 30k*.25 = population gain from homes or 937.5 (round to 938)

Thread Information