Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: High homes = bad

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Al3x he posted his build in another thread and the numbers was vastly inaccurate. If he genuinely thought those numbers correct it wouldn't be strange if he sided with Gojete. Then again it's probably just trolling...
    He posted various numbers. Some that were fairly acceptable(however still out done by using lower homes and more modifiers) and others that were not and his numbers he posted were impossible to achieve.

However I just like to point out I was focusing on the fact he swears by one method even though he is yet to try or blindly refuses (as he knows best) to try another strat.
    all the master (can I change this back yet bishop)

Quote Originally Posted by gojete View Post
    Most of the free time I used was to write crap here in the forums.

Listen , last age i scanned around 40 top 40 kds provinces, and most of them didnt even get over 90 opa, the post is still there somewhere, and in top kds, many of them run 20 dpa home for the whole age. This people live out of fake warrying, doing naps, and playing a type of game which would be impossible to do in the ghetto.
    I highly doubt this

Because truth to be told, this is why kingdoms in the top 50 are competitive, because they have 25 players whom obey and follow orders and all that stuff, and do coordinated attacks and ops and they have been playing for 10 years.
    The are better because they are willing to invest time into the game and work together. Even when this isn't in the best interest of their own province.

And thats the bottom line, if you want to be what they call "good" you need to be in a kd that has 25 active provinces .

So basically people in this thread can go about how ubber their build strats are and so on, but in the end its just because they have 25 players that are active. Because i can use the same argument, you say any build works in the ghetto because it sucks, i say any build works in the top so long you have 25 people logging in every hour . Because thats basically how it is.

And all this people challeging me, they wont win because of their superior strats or skills, but just because the fact that they are 25 people that log in often. And they do mirc, and all that .
    Yes, my kingdom uses IRC. It's free and not that hard to figure out.
    My kingdom has only 22 provinces at the moment. And one of them is inactive.

Ive given you the facts several times, of how with high BE one needs less buildings, and since one has 35% to 60% homes, the rebuilding is lower, and you can use your buildings with maximim bonuses, i had 37.% speed reduced, 37.5 training costs, and all the bonuses and so on.

And there are other high homes players right now, testing low BE with high homes, and im sure that the more players that dedicate testing high homes, the more and more ppl that will be posting in this forums their achievements and findings, and we will get better and better.
    It's been explained several times why homes don't work.
    1. Having less troops and higher mods is much better. If you send out 10K points worth of offense you will lose a percentage of the troops you send. So, obviously, higher mods, means that you have to send less troops and will therefore have less casualties to replace.
    2. With high homes, you will suffer overpop problems a lot faster.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    @ Gojete - If you insist on swearing by 'experience' rather than theory, then man up and actually war someone who can war. If you're so certain that high homes pwn, then there's no reason not to. You've have multiple offers to war you.

oooo
    /me steps in line.
    Icy 4 8

hehe i just started playing again and join my old kd i have no idead how homes are usefulll at all :p
    theres is just too many way better buildings to invest on :D than just homes

send me your locations i check my inbox and no one sends me locations.
    - Get the best out of your gameplay, go 45% homes minimum .
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    7 out f 7 war wins age 50 guarantees.
    High homes = good

dudes im not recommending homes out of bad faith, im doing it because they work and theres a lot of players that want to get better armies and have fun, and this is a viable way of playing the game.
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    High homes = good

Enthusiast
    "most of them didnt even get over 90 opa"

this was actually fairly accurate. I was a faery with 110 dpa for most of the age and people had to be over 33% larger than me to come close to breaking me. most opa's up there were around 80, 85. a few over 100, but not many.

Quote Originally Posted by twitched View Post
    "most of them didnt even get over 90 opa"

this was actually fairly accurate. I was a faery with 110 dpa for most of the age and people had to be over 33% larger than me to come close to breaking me. most opa's up there were around 80, 85. a few over 100, but not many.
    Orc received a nice boost when they got their elite credits back so I think this age a lot more people will be able to break 110 dpa
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

the thread is there somewhere, and it was around 1 month before end of age, so everyone should already have their dream province, and most had crap provinces with 80 opa and 40 dpa home and 1 tpa, most ppl in the top 50 come here talking crap, and most have crap provinces, wtf
    High homes = good

the thread is there somewhere, and it was around 1 month before end of age, so everyone should already have their dream province, and most had crap provinces with 80 opa and 40 dpa home and 1 tpa, most ppl in the top 50 come here talking crap, and most have crap provinces, wtf
    I'm not quite top-50 :P
    Land Rank 6716 of 6974
    Networth Rank 5843 of 6974

Ok I understand where everybody is coming from in this thread about you can better utilize your land by building more of other stuff than homes, it is true. I know i went a little far with the 25% pop thing with 50% homes or whatever, but let's just assume 50% of your land is in homes. That can be about +20% population if we put it in for simplicity sakes. Now you STILL have 50% land left over that you can utilize for TGs, rax, forts, gs, or whatever, etc. Im not advocating put all of your land into homes that is obviously bad, but 50% homes seems to be the key number to me.

That +4k population from a population of say 30k is huge, and i cant stress this enough. You add the modifiers after, you said it yourselves, running 20% TGs is way to excessive, if you want to get the most out of your buildings go with something like just 10-12% TGs with very low diminishing returns and other attacking buildings. Now let's say you ran something like this..

50% homes
    8% farms
    12% TGs
    12% Rax
    8% guilds
    4% towers

Voila, I'd like to see you get better numbers. Remember the 12% TGs are modified into have +20% population which is huge. Whats better 20% TGs with regular population, or 12% TGs with +20% population, it's clearly evident that homes is the way to go. Id like to see you guys come out with better numbers than this, remember the +20% population goes strictly to army value, so more elites, ospecs, etc. You will not get more opa than this, I highly doubt it, but you can try. And remember if we included sciences, it would be even more beneficial for me because I have more population but we wont even factor that in because itd be overkill. Anyways I bet if I ran this id be able to atleast be able to hold my own, but i know for a fact i would destroy everybody around my size like i have been doing in previous rounds.

Take it for what its worth..
    I came, I saw, I conquered.

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    Orc received a nice boost when they got their elite credits back so I think this age a lot more people will be able to break 110 dpa
    One small problem; nobody at the top ran Orcs :p
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

you need watch towers in that build , even with high homes and 3 raw tpa without 10% watch towers in war, thieves eat you alive.

the thing with high homes is that its very flexible, with a non high homes, youre married with a play style, because its so expensive to change the buildings unless youre a dwarf, but with high homes, you can go form pumpin an army with 20% arms, to just having to switch the 20% arms into barracks or GS or hospitals, its cheaper faster and easier way to war all around
    High homes = good

Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    One small problem; nobody at the top ran Orcs :p
    Who cares about the top. They rarely war. There are other races that are better suited for dicing than Orcs. I play in a warring kingdom which is rather different than playing in the top-10. I'm playing Orc/Cleric and I'm loving it. I grew a bit in war so now I'm down to 97 OPA.

Thread Information