Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: draft rate n other question

draft rate n other question

1. while on protection, my draft is 60% and every thick i get (let's say) 100 soldier but after my draft reached 50% i raised the draft to 70% but i realized i gain less and less soldiers ... my draft rate is always emergency from day one so nothing has changed and my Building Eff is 116% ... my question is, is it what it is ??? i mean is it normal to get less soldiers even though i change nothing ???
    2. my Kingdom is about having a war and i'm the smallest on my Kingdom ... but i think that war target has a few provinces i can attack but it's not on purple colour ... their networth is higher than me ... can we be able to attack someone higher than our networth range on war ??? i know we gain less acre and everything if we attack a lower range, but what about higher ??? do we gain less or normal ...
    that's all i'm asking ... thx in advance

Post Fiend
    1. Your draft % is simply the point where you will automaticly stop drafting new soldiers at. The speed of draft is controled by the draft rate (reserve, normal, agressive, emergency). The draft rate trains a certain % of your peasants into soldiers every tick so as you train more soldiers your number of peasants go down lowing the number of soldiers you will get in the next tick.

2. The NW range your refering to is simply a more optimal NW range you can certainly attack ppl outside that NW range but your gains will be somewhat reduced depending on how far away from your NW they are. This is true both for attacking larger and smaller ppl both inside and outside of wars.

thx

another question about high range opponent, does it also work for an ambush???

No, Ambush doesn't factor in NW. You take 50% of the land or 25% if they are Warrior.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

and there are no mods whatsoever in the attacks nor randomness like in normal attacks to compensate
    Icy 4 8

Right.

Enemy units defend at 0.8 normal strength. I.e. a 5/0 spec should defend as 0/4 for ambushes. Special exceptions, Elf offensive specs defend with 6*0.8 = 4.8 and humans off specs defend with 5*0.8=4 and not 4*0.8=3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    Right.

Enemy units defend at 0.8 normal strength. I.e. a 5/0 spec should defend as 0/4 for ambushes. Special exceptions, Elf offensive specs defend with 6*0.8 = 4.8 and humans off specs defend with 5*0.8=4 and not 4*0.8=3.2.
    Specs defend at 80% of the value of their d-specs
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

and the leets defend at 80% of their def value.
    Icy 4 8

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    Specs defend at 80% of the value of their d-specs
    That would have been a much simpler way of putting it XD

ok so NW doesn't affect ambush and raze, how about conquest, plunder and massacre??? sorry i ask too much ... it just it's hard for me to find a target on my size during the war sometimes
    Last edited by newatthis; 10-08-2011 at 08:42.

conquest, the offense sent affects the gains. more you send above the 51%, the more you gain. i guess nw has some effect as well.
    plunder + massacre, NW based gains apply, so yes.

ok ... understood ... thx for the reply ...

At War
    at war, why should people concentrate on 2 or 3 chain targets ??? Shouldn't we be hitting who can give us best gain AKA the one who hasn't get any attack recently?

the main reason for chaining is to bring a province in over 115% overpopulation (when his total population is more that 115% of his maximum population), because when you achieve this, his troops start to desert, and it weakens the province very fast.
    If you just max gain hit a kingdom, every province will be just loosing the extra acres it recently took (on average), and it wont be weakened as fast.

Thread Information