Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fix War Stats

Post Fiend

Fix War Stats

I never really understood how/why it worked like this... but I feel like both kingdoms should have the exact same news feeds so there is no issues like "What your KD stats are compared to ours" and "these stats are biased because of the explore pool"

it seems like a bunch of nonsense to me, the numbers should be finite at some point. I feel like there's a bunch of "LIMBO" in Utopia where no intel is 100% accurate, no KD pages are updated and accurate, and it's really hard to judge the tides of war when a KD's exploration causes an acres advantage...

you mean remove explore pool gains, right?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    I assumed he meant to change the paper to make it lie to one of the two kingdoms so that it gets easier to total between them. Why, I'm not too clear, but I *hope* he wasn't trying to suggests changing a non-trivial game balance mechanic to fix math laziness!

I'd like to note, if you need advanced math to figure out who is winning the war... it's called a draw. Usually "terms" are halfway meant to be broken anyway - it's just kinda guildlines, and if it's right on the edge, it usually goes on a while longer to see if the weaker side can turn it around.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Ethan what the hell are you babbling about? And yes we should remove explo pool gains, it's easier for ghettos and also encourages top kingdoms to war more often.
    S E C R E T S

Or maybe instead of removing them, we can just display the explore pool gains with the other gains.
    i.e. July 20 of YR1 Province A (X1:Y1) captured 100 (+10 explore pool) acres of land from Province B (X2:Y2).
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    X*1.1
    Is advanced math?

I feel like Will Hunting...

Thats messy Ordray. A very clever chappie suggested removing explore pool gains last age, but that didnt happen. Why must genius be ignored?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

For the record I agreed with that clever chap last age.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    As long as we still get the +gains, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    As long as we still get the +gains, sure.
    Why? It's a pointless mechanic.
    S E C R E T S

if you can continually generate +10% gains from nothing, the number 1 and 2 kds would like to thank you in advance as they sit in FW all age and exchange hits to high heaven.

i fully agree with OP. This needs to be resolved for the ghettos and warring kingdoms who want clear cut winners or leaders. We need a measureing stick or at least we need the war meter back to help decide the outcome. Im sick of both sides being plus 1000 acres during the war and nobody backing down because both sides think they are winning.

Post Fiend
    Was late when I typed the OP...

What I meant was: there should be zero difference between two kingdom's war stats. The numbers should be 100% identical for both kingdoms after a war.
    Kingdom A's news:
    (A:A) +1000 acres
    (B:B) -1700 acres

Kingdom B's news:
    (B:B) +1900 acres
    (A:A) -1000 acres

Of course once both KDs figure out it's not going anywhere, there's a MP...
    Like I said, for those who saw Inception, a lot of LIMBO in Utopia where there's no concrete rules/guides to warring, no true information, just a bunch of provinces in kingdoms floating around Utopia World, somewhat in unison, until a general consensus is reached. And you go with that.

but my suggestion still stands, fix it so those numbers are not different. Not everyone is a top kingdom and now that there are a bunch of mid-tiered 20 prov KDs around, it seems laughable that there's no structures in place to guide inter-kingdom relations.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Why? It's a pointless mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    if you can continually generate +10% gains from nothing, the number 1 and 2 kds would like to thank you in advance as they sit in FW all age and exchange hits to high heaven.
    *facepalm*
    meaning you get +10% gains off your opponent. Not generated from nothing.
    Last edited by Palem; 05-08-2011 at 20:35.

Quote Originally Posted by golfer44vip View Post
    Was late when I typed the OP...

What I meant was: there should be zero difference between two kingdom's war stats. The numbers should be 100% identical for both kingdoms after a war.
    The reason news isn't identical is because of explo pool gains adding 10% to attacks, which is what we are discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    *facepalm*
    meaning you get +10% gains off your opponent. Not generated from nothing.
    Palem, why would you want that? It makes no sense and would entirely defeat the purpose of removing it to begin with. Also, you are a constant double post fail lol.
    S E C R E T S

Thread Information