Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: High homes builds and war strategies for the ghetto .

I don't care about the population increase from Homes. What I do care about is the Birth Rate bonus. When you are in a war and your population is like 30K and your max is 60K you are way too fat! L&P helps a little, but the Birth Rate bonus from Homes gives you an edge to counter your acres gains and all the MS and FBs, etc. that you will get.

Banned
    Yeah I agree with you bfree. That birth rate bonus is great in war and helps you bounce back faster when facing opponents that are not using high homes. Danrelle says that I have given the high homes strategy a bad name. In fact, I made the high homes strategy. I'm the one that has given it's name. Those my past postings of provinces have made using this strategy have made people have come to see how well it works. However, just once I would like to be in a full kingdom using the high homes strategy. From this past few ages I've been in a few kingdoms where I have seen other province try to use the Vines Strategy. I feel honored and at the same time I was able to give these players insight about high-home strategies they would not other wise get. Also they got the chance to see how a high-home strategy works at the highest leve. For the longest time people have come in here trying discredit the strategy I have came up with, but it is no mistake that high-home is starting to become more popular it is just a better way of playing.

Noob question here: My pop sci is at 10.4%, wouldn't it just be better if i canned homes and put it in Libraries? I'd be getting almost the same pop increase along with increasing all my sciences?

Banned
    high homes is not just about the population. It's about all kinds of stuff. Raw numbers birth rate and other things that only people that use this strategy know about or will find out in due time. I was sad when they took the artisan away but truth be told it was just too strong. However high-homes does not need artisan. What the artisan was help players get used to high homes. With artisan it's like the training wheels are being taken off.
    silentcarrot that kind of thinking is very popular in fact many of the kingdoms in the top charts have this kind of mind set. Yet when they come across a some what skilled home user they find out quickly that they were not as right as they thought they were. pop sci is good but after 150bpa it starts to become counter productive. Those very heavy sci province start to show real weakness as they grow in size. A kingdom that doesn't relize on as much science will start to show real power as it grows in size. This is the main reason artisan was taken out. It allowed very high skilled high home users to not need science.

Yes, high science is clearly a sign of weakness. All hail vines.

Post Fiend
    I have been playing on and off since the birth of the game. I've played with high homes before and I'm here to testify that it works amazingly. I don't know when vines or gojete discovered high-homes built strategy, but I personally found it very very long ago. I thought to my self, what a brilliant deceiving built! I've selfishly used it for my self as I feared competition. I've gone beyond the imaginable with such builds. Only the very few who have had experience with such builds can tell it's hidden wonders.

To vines and gojete, I'd love to play with you guys in 1 KD. It is rare to find black sheep like our kind. We could put a high-homes built KD to prove. I personally have never lost a single war I lead.

Just for brags, this age(not stating dates, don't want my province traced), I'm already Count, #1 on island for honour; #1 in race for honour; Top 10 in World for honour. Now waiting to be raped for honour XD Just made 4k-5k acres positive gains on our stubborn enemy. If they should decide to surrender soon, I may hit Marquis from the WW bonus ^.^
    Last edited by Darius; 12-06-2012 at 18:20.

You people.....
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

stop replying to old threads.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information