Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: High homes builds and war strategies for the ghetto .

Homes have no strategic advantage entering war. During war especially a prolonged one where you've been fireballed to ****s or you have gained a lot of land then yes, there is an argued advantage to phasing in homes on your new land.
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Danrelle View Post
    Please Palem. I expect much more from you, as you've thought about this topic for some time now. I'm still wondering if you actually read my posts...

How else could you have failed to understand that one build gets you into War with more troops than the other?
    How else could you have failed to grasp that starting with more troops is a quasi-static bonus? (because all changes to the number of troops is based on percentages, i.e. is based on the initial number.)
    How could you have failed to read that your so-called War build cannot overcome the fact that it started off with less population (outside of kidnapping and propaganda, which are separate issues), while the Homes build can overcome the fact that it started off with less modifiers?
    I will respond to all of this Bishop style:

The cost is not worth the reward. More troops is meaningless (and actually a bit harmful) if you end up with the same modded numbers.

Enthusiast
    Alright. Fair enough. /me mumbles something about needing a second Bishop..

Hey, I'd be more verbose if I had more time to chat :p
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Understood.
    Don't think I don't appreciate your work. Both you and Palem do a great job modding. You especially. (ofc, imo)

But it's the nature of strategy forums that posters need to be more verbose...

(Until someone explains to me where I am wrong. Emphasis on explains.) I'm pulling out of this conversation.
    Last edited by Danrelle; 14-10-2011 at 21:36.

Okay so if I recall correctly, last time I was in war, I didn't take down homes I had, but I also didn't replace them. Is it recommended you get rid of homes all together?

Nevermind, I think I misunderstood. Phase them in if underpopulated, correct?

Understood.
    Don't think I don't appreciate your work. Both you and Palem do a great job modding. You especially. (ofc, imo)

But it's the nature of strategy forums that posters need to be more verbose...

(Until someone explains to me where I am wrong. Emphasis on explains.) I'm pulling out of this conversation.
    i think your numbers are fine, but you are focusing a bit too much on best case scenarios when you need to build strats that consider how you recover/survive in a tough war. Each to his own though.

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveWitch View Post
    Okay so if I recall correctly, last time I was in war, I didn't take down homes I had, but I also didn't replace them. Is it recommended you get rid of homes all together?

Nevermind, I think I misunderstood. Phase them in if underpopulated, correct?
    depends on setup - some races have room for bonus buildings like homes. In general building homes in war isn't great as they take too long to kick in.
    Last edited by Bishop; 14-10-2011 at 21:42.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Okay, thank you. That makes sense.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    psh! what is this garbage! lol

Looks like English to me, but I've been wrong before. Could be Pig Latin or Swahili; I'm not 100% sure.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    psh! what is this garbage! lol
    ..you already disagree with another of my opinions! lol

divide et impera ^^

Banned
    High homes give a province higher raw number across the broad. Homes make it hard for a kingdom to chain you down. I was once attacked a few ages back in a war. All the most powerful attackers attacked me but my kingdom attacked them and they didn't get attacked back because their strongest attackers were attacking me, and by the time my army had got back home my army was the same power it was when it left for the attack. So I attacked again and this time only two attacked me and they got attack hard. And none of their attackers could attack our attacker that were out because they had time to build their army because the other kingdom used all their power trying to break me. In the end the kingdom just sat there until they realized they were losing too much honor each day.

Enthusiast
    lol @ vines being dredged up from the past... (or just an impostor... )

You really should not try to defend Homes.

Your incompetent posts about high Homes have resulted in strong negative reactions. These reactions have generated a myth about how bad Homes are and how they overpopulate you when chained.

Now people are reluctant to use any Homes at all. Because they could be laughed at, as 'everyone' 'knows' they are bad.

The lack of meaningful communication in the community is part of the problem. But you, you are another big part of it.

On the other hand, you have deeply influenced the Utopian community and have generated myths.
    You are a god, vines! It's a higher rank than a Bishop. Congrats!
    Last edited by Danrelle; 15-10-2011 at 10:00.

How could it be an impostor that already has 1,314 posts?

Enthusiast
    Equally perplexing: How could it be vines?

Thread Information