Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orc cleric

Orc cleric

It has been a long time since i played a heavy attacker( 6 years at least i think) so need some help
    my current war strat

9% farms(not enough science)
    10% banks
    20%tgs
    20%gs
    11% raxs
    10% guilds
    5% towers
    10%wts
    5% stables

Plz tell me where is lacking and why. And most importantly, no high homes..... tried it once at 30% homes and my econ fell apart after losing 20% of land in a chain....

hmmm, I would do something like:

9% farms
    11% banks
    20% TG
    12% GS
    18% rax
    10% guilds
    7% towers
    10% wts
    3% dungeons

I wouldn' run stables because it does not provide that much MO for an Orc as your elites have 9 points, as compared to a 6point halfling. Instead, you might want to consider dungeons as prisoners are re-usable. After sending them out on the first hit, they will be available immediately for the subsequent hit if youre double tapping, triple tapping or quad tapping.

Personally, I don't like to run that many GS. That's because you won't always be hit. Unless you are a chain target, investing in that many GS will be quite a waste of land if nobody is hitting you. You can always build incoming lands into GS to amend this strategy(when you've been chained).

5% towers seemed a little too low for me, but if youre only doing self spells it might tide through depending on your sciences. I usually run 7% in this case even just for self spells.
    Last edited by DjTeddySpin; 06-08-2011 at 12:57.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'm running Orc/Cleric, this is what I'm running...

8% Farms
    15% Banks
    15% TGs
    15% Racks
    15% GS
    10% Guilds
    5% Towers
    15% WTs
    2% Dungeons

Running pretty good for me, only really having food problems, but that's because I need more science.

The problem i have now is that i have not enough cash to rebuild/retrain everything....
    As for selfspells, I only maintain mp, fl,ia and nb when needed. oh yeah and bl as well. Only have problem with plague so far... Will phase in some dungeons since it seems pretty useful. thanks for the help guys.

Btw palem what is ur attack time with ur 15% rax in war? and whats ur draft rate and be?

I run the following strat as Orc/Cleric (awesome choice btw)
    10% homes
    8% farms
    16% TG
    16% rax
    16% GS
    10% guilds
    5% towers
    16% WT
    3% dungeons

I don't need banks because I get +30% gains on my plunders
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Atdy587 View Post
    The problem i have now is that i have not enough cash to rebuild/retrain everything....
    As Landro said, plunders are your friend, as long as you can find a good target.

Btw palem what is ur attack time with ur 15% rax in war? and whats ur draft rate and be?
    I've got ~13 hour attack times out of war, should be <12 hours in war.
    65% Draft
    ~80% BE.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    As Landro said, plunders are your friend, as long as you can find a good target.
    It is a war strat so i have to be able to try not to depend so much on my kd mates aid. I m currently in war so plunders are hard to do:p I dont think i will run that high rax cause i cant make use of the extra 1 hr red... 10% currently works fine with my sechdule(it is like a qf) but still not sure abt banks vs homes in a war. reluctant to run homes in wars cause of overpop and running stables is to mitigate the slightly lower troop count cause of not running homes so as to maintain opa but i noe it is not so efficient...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'd keep your banks if I were you. Maybe throw your stables into either more banks, or run some homes if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Atdy587 View Post
    It is a war strat so i have to be able to try not to depend so much on my kd mates aid. I m currently in war so plunders are hard to do:p I dont think i will run that high rax cause i cant make use of the extra 1 hr red... 10% currently works fine with my sechdule(it is like a qf) but still not sure abt banks vs homes in a war. reluctant to run homes in wars cause of overpop and running stables is to mitigate the slightly lower troop count cause of not running homes so as to maintain opa but i noe it is not so efficient...
    As Cleric, all losses will be replaced by soldiers so you won't have to draft a lot and the credits you receive more than make up for the elites you lose in combat. You just need cash to build your land and that's not too big an issue
    Last edited by Landro; 06-08-2011 at 19:12. Reason: typo
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Orc cleric = scary crzy
    Icy 4 8

Quote Originally Posted by E_Boko View Post
    Orc cleric = scary crzy
    I had my elites at home for 5 minutes and got hit with PF and possibly BG too. I lost less than 200 elites out of 5700. That's just crazy

Dunno why so WT unless you're targeting the halfling kds that don't exist.
    9% farms
    20% tgs
    20% rax
    12% hosps ~ banks for lolclerics
    8% guilds
    4% towers
    25% gs
    2% dungeons
    Last edited by octobrev; 07-08-2011 at 06:29.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Demon
    very high GS... best investment ever if you are going to be chained or if your whole KD is also running 25% gs. Otherwise wouldnt it be safe to say lower the GS to 15% and use 10% in forts? Pumps your mod defense and therefore increases your mod Off as you grow. 15% GS still does some serious minimizing on the gains they are getting

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    very high GS... best investment ever if you are going to be chained or if your whole KD is also running 25% gs. Otherwise wouldnt it be safe to say lower the GS to 15% and use 10% in forts? Pumps your mod defense and therefore increases your mod Off as you grow. 15% GS still does some serious minimizing on the gains they are getting
    Playing Orc is all about offense. Forts are rather silly when you're offense heavy. Just load up on GS to reduce damage from incoming hits.

Yea i m trying to reach 100 opa/ 40dpa rite after this war I m currently in so forts are not needed imo. running wts is to stop some ops and mitigate damage as a orc will suck using tpa as thief protection.

Thread Information