Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UF NEWS: Mehul has agreed to be interviewed.

Post Fiend
    ya id like to know more about what hes doing now, is he into business ventures and if hes developed another game or something that became fairly successful.

is he surprised that some of us are still around 11, 12, 13 years or longer and have made friends or as in the case of catwalk and others developed serious relationships with players.

he was responsible for it all i guess years ago

r u odd? <---to mehul

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

that is absolutely obnoxious
    You're just being ignorant

Ask him "how big is yo dick? no homo"

Actually ask him if he has figured out a way to balance Godly yet. He tried for many rounds: NW based gains, GBP, boats, removing instant war -- all limits to how much Godly can dominate noobs.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by shida View Post
    ya id like to know more about what hes doing now, is he into business ventures and if hes developed another game or something that became fairly successful.

is he surprised that some of us are still around 11, 12, 13 years or longer and have made friends or as in the case of catwalk and others developed serious relationships with players.

he was responsible for it all i guess years ago
    He owns a coffee shop.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gojete View Post
    whats mehul think about people playing with 35%to 45% homes and winning wars with so called inferior strats .
    Did he ever thought that some ppl might not care about palying in better kingdoms but being happy fighting ghettos in the ghetto underworld ?
    Did he want everyone to want to make it in the top charts and win crowns ?
    What does he feel about players just wanting to play the game without achieving anything in particular other than fun playing the game ?
    Does he feel like he left the game incomplete by making it neccessary to use out of game programs to enhance the game , angel, pimp dragon portal , firefox add ons like bijos?

Should the add ons be integrated in the game and the people that made them, should they get paid royalties by utopia for their contributions ?

Does he think the game will get more players, and how ?
    Yes, because Utopia makes SOOO MUCH MONEY as it is now. Why would the addon creators get money when nobody even pays for the game?

Veteran
    what does he think of the sitting feature besides the vacation mode. And what does he think about the invite system.

Quote Originally Posted by Humanoize View Post
    what does he think of the sitting feature besides the vacation mode. And what does he think about the invite system.
    Best question here.

Mehul was always fond of the fact that utopias random allocation meant you played with strangers and forged friendships. Does he think he stuck to his guns correctly, or does he feel he should have catered to demand?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Best question here.

Mehul was always fond of the fact that utopias random allocation meant you played with strangers and forged friendships. Does he think he stuck to his guns correctly, or does he feel he should have catered to demand?
    *Cough140000playerscough*
    *Cough5000playerscough*

what are those arbitrary numbers meant to signify, i'm only on coffee number 2 so you need to clarify.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    What I think he's trying to signify was the natural diminishing of the player base, which happened while moving was introduced into the game.

As much as I'm still against trading, awful point to try and make.

Trading allows you to bring friends to the game who wouldn't play if they'd end up in a different kingdom. I think we'd have a lot less players without invites.

And ofc, before the invites, people used account trading and/or scripting to land in the kingdom of their choice. While not much has changed for the top (except that it's now legal), for the sub-top and below who'd rather play without cheating, there are now new possibilities. It would be interesting to hear if anybody has a somewhat accurate estimate of the percentage of provinces that were actually played during Mehul's time (so that would exclude all the scripted provinces and farms). That would make for a better comparison of the number of provinces.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Che Guevara View Post
    *Cough140000playerscough*
    *Cough5000playerscough*
    coughs wasn't it mehul also the one that lost player base, when he left the game was already dying.
    you guys are delusional to think that if mehul stayed the game would still be striving and still have 80k pop base, he sold the game to omac thinking they would be able to cross promote utopia however it never materialize.

who really thinks what mehul thinks about the game, the game he created was long gone all the players were gone before he left people that are in place do work hard trying to maintain it unless they figure out to promote the game keep interest it will be the same people playing

not to hijack Mehul's thread but the random did add a lot to the game- if you weren't cheating and you made it to the top in the charts it meant something more than I picked all the provinces I wanted in my kingdom and kicked out everyone who didn't play how I like- the only time I think maybe there should've been an exception to the totally random was if a province was deleted that wasn't cheating (and they could show they weren't)- but after so many ages you really had the players in your kingdom that were staying for the long haul which also makes me wonder what if there was some random element factoring into who actually stayed together in the kingdom in the next age- for instance, only a certain percentage was allowed to stay or groups randomly quartered out into other groups that in the new age need to learn to work together

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Let's not turn this into a trading vs. Not trading thing. If you'd like to discuss that you can make a new thread.

Thread Information