Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it still possible to PK a province?

Is it still possible to PK a province?

Barring the subject province frmo doing something stupid like refusing to release AND asking for soldier aid or some such stupidity, is it possible that if you chain hard and fast enough after a good strong fireball/kidnapping, that you can still PK? With Rze basically sucking now, it seems like you can't really do it in war anymore. Has something been changed in the game that makes this nearly impossible (barring stupidy of province?)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yes, pk is still possible.

Regular
    what exactly does it take for a province to die?

Interesting that someone else was wondering about this. Yes it is possible, and actually not that hard to do compared to past Ages. It isn't possible using old tactics, but there is a definite & obvious method to do so under the current environment. The last 10 peasants are hard to kill but it can be done.

0 acres or 0 peasants. PK means province or peasant kill.

most people forget to turn off wizard drafting.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    spamely - Either no land or no pezzies.

well the thing is, with raze sucking, you can chain a province to under 200 acres from 1000 and it can basically just release all D (because 2 acre gains is no big deal) and still hold enough Offense to break an 800 acre province. It is silly. So this sub 200 acre province cansit with nothing at home and send out with immunity gaining 20 acres/shot and then what? suffer 6 acres loss. That should not be how this works (imho). That is why I am interested in this problem.

Granted, I have been away for a while so I may be just missing something. It is quite possible that I am being a noob. (even though I am not, I have been away so long, I basically am.....or something like that.)

1 prov wont kill him - get some help.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    ...are you trying to kill me Sheister? lol

Regular
    so thoretically if you just had a few elves coordinated enough within a couple of ticks. could you FB somebody to death?

I would not know. I am just saying that at between 100 and 200 acres the province should not be able to run around breaking provinces with 30-40 dpa raw that are 400% its networth and gain 20 acres and the return hits only gain 2 on top of which raze is useless now and so, I am trying to think of an efficient way to make these stupid provinces go away and die. I can't believe this obnoxious weakning of raze in wars.

Post Demon
    A "hard" overpop from a deep chain will force the province to release so much to get under the pop limit they either have to release offense, or release almost all their defense. If the latter, SOP is to just throw any extra generals at them that aren't needed for the next chain target. (Cause why keep perfectly good offense sitting around?) Since at least a few people are likely to have a good bit of offense to spare but be unable to doubletab, you can keep them down that way.

Also, if the enemy also chains, but not as well, your kingdom should hopefully have someone small to 4x him, and he'll only be 3xing back.

Usually true PK isn't worth the effort (according to conventional wisdom), finding a "low cost" containment strat after the chain works a lot better. This does assume the goal is to win a close war, other uses of pk of course require it by definition.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Finally, a thread which gojete has the utmost experience in, getting PKed!
    S E C R E T S

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    I would not know. I am just saying that at between 100 and 200 acres the province should not be able to run around breaking provinces with 30-40 dpa raw that are 400% its networth and gain 20 acres and the return hits only gain 2 on top of which raze is useless now and so, I am trying to think of an efficient way to make these stupid provinces go away and die. I can't believe this obnoxious weakning of raze in wars.
    this is the only way to fight off a chain... if a system to prevent this is put in place, the kingdom to get the first two chains in will pretty much always win...

in general I agree. My interest in PK stems from all the chained provinces I see that are holding enough O to still break provinces 3X to 4X their NW in war that have 25-40 dpa. and not just by sending everything in 1 attack, but doing 2 and 3 attacks. I was watching this undead just going no D, war-spoiling, and sendingthis O out all damn day with almost no consequences because we had to move on to the next chain targets and just sending one general to keep him down was not sufficnet when he is recovering 20/hit and we are taking 2/hit.he was gaining 60 and we would do 50 to him. Its just stupid. the gangbang protection is so strong that absent raze it is way too hard to make provinces that go no D pay the price for that. No one should be running 0 D..... ever.

The system now does not force provinces to release enough offense. I guess that is the only problem I see.

Thread Information