Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it still possible to PK a province?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    A "hard" overpop from a deep chain will force the province to release so much to get under the pop limit they either have to release offense, or release almost all their defense. If the latter, SOP is to just throw any extra generals at them that aren't needed for the next chain target. (Cause why keep perfectly good offense sitting around?) Since at least a few people are likely to have a good bit of offense to spare but be unable to doubletab, you can keep them down that way.

Also, if the enemy also chains, but not as well, your kingdom should hopefully have someone small to 4x him, and he'll only be 3xing back.

Usually true PK isn't worth the effort (according to conventional wisdom), finding a "low cost" containment strat after the chain works a lot better. This does assume the goal is to win a close war, other uses of pk of course require it by definition.
    this is what we do in my kd. ONE general goes out with like 50-60 opa and the other three go out to triple tap with like 10 opa each or less.

As dharan rightly pointed out, i am the master of pk, last age we killed 2 provinces, and I died twice myself,
    Anyway . The thing about pk , is that if you are active , Its hard to kill someone.
    The first time i got killed i received well over 30 hits in 3 hours , I was around 300 acres m and i died miserably

The latest time someone tried to pk me, was last weekend, in 3 days i got hit 50+ times, with raze, and a few trad marches.

Overall I was 415 acres when it all began, I end up at 320 acres at my lowest I think, and then I bounced back up to almost 700 with exploring ,and down to 460 in the end .

IF you have a lot of cash, a lot of guard stations and a lot of soldiers, its hard to pk someone.

You really have to put all the hits in very few hours .

And take the province by surprise.

Another thing is that the minimum raze damage is 15 acres. I built guardstations to reduce damages by 50% but it didnt reduce the damage to 7 acres.
    So whether you have gs or not, 15 acres per hit. From that you can see that if you do 20 hits in a single hour in a province that is 300 acres, the province will die.

Some people say that I got killed out of pop stuff. But i dont think so, Since I received so many hits in very few hours in my first death, i think that they effectively razed me down to 0 acres
    - Get the best out of your gameplay, go 45% homes minimum .
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    7 out f 7 war wins age 50 guarantees.
    High homes = good

I am sorry, you are the master of suffering PK? I am confused here.....

Quote Originally Posted by spamely View Post
    so thoretically if you just had a few elves coordinated enough within a couple of ticks. could you FB somebody to death?
    No, you can't PK someone with FBs alone. Once they get down to a certain level of peasants, a few hundred I think, you cease to kill any. Same goes with kidnapping. At a certain point you reach 0 gains per op.
    I guess that you could overpop someone enough to PK them if you used tornadoes/arson to destroy enough of their buildings and they didn't log in for a long while so that their peasants reached 0. Even more possible if someone is running high homes as you have a greater chance of destroying homes (or can target them with GA) and reducing max pop even further and faster.
    But then again, it's likely that you can't do that either as they'd probably log in before the serious damage was done.

Gojete has been known to be PK'd a few times each age.
    Also, it's very hard to PK someone who is drastically underpopulated already, especially when you're 3x or so their size and have to start out using razes instead of the higher gains from TMs. Like Gojete said, 15 acres/attack 4x/unique is hard to keep someone down, especially when they start with 4k soldiers and 1.7m gc to use to explore.
    Last edited by Ordray; 10-08-2011 at 20:05.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Gojete got PKed around 6 times last age we he said that he did now its gone to 2 *confused*

If you are active it is hard to get PKed.
    all the master (can I change this back yet bishop)

Quote Originally Posted by gojete View Post
    Most of the free time I used was to write crap here in the forums.

Regular

Archangels PK'd someone last age. He was such a nub. We did a mediocre chain on him, and he went completely inactive, kept his army home etc. So we did a couple more hits on him to permanently **** him up. He still kept his army home.
    About 24 hours after our last hit on him, he died. The other KD tried to blame us, but obviously it was his own fault. He trained his last peasant into a wizard.

If you ever get PK'd it means you are an idiot.

Post Fiend
    razes destroy buildings in war, correct?

I got pkd last round, i was gone for 48 hours in war tho after being chained lol
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Post Demon
    Possible, yes. Worth it? Nope.

PK isnt hard per se, it just requires co-ordination. FB/kidnap a lot and then hit them hard in one tick so they are massively overpopped - on next tick their peas will desert (or get wizzie drafted) and they die. Easy in principle.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

the issue you have is the 7% max desertions of pessies
    all the master (can I change this back yet bishop)

Quote Originally Posted by gojete View Post
    Most of the free time I used was to write crap here in the forums.

Hence the huge fb/kidnap run.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

but the 7% is based on how many peasants you have. you do a nice FB run and get them down to 100 peasants, they lost 7 peasants next tick, then 6.5 peasants....it would take forever for some to get PK. and what happens when you have 2 peasants. no ops will kill or take them, and overpop wont make them leave. i have 2 war horses that refuse to die without stables lol.

the only way someone gets PKed in this game is because they forget to stop training wizzies. or if your name is gojete.
    Icy 4 8

pretty sure there is a min emigration

Thread Information