Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it still possible to PK a province?

Thanks for that citadela!

DDS,

yes, I had come to that conclusion. It is a rather lame and pathetic non-solution though. I guess I can only hope the developers fix the problem at some point. If they would just make it so land in progress did not instantly give you 25 pop (contrary to what the guide says) that would solve the problem too. But it does not and they don't.
    Last edited by Sheister; 13-08-2011 at 11:16.

Dude sheister whats up with your hate man, are you from the haters alliance too ?

If you read the pots, i hadn?t said a damn thing, and when I did, I commented on how i got pked, and then i put the info that 3 provinces in starcraft got pked in a war . All my posts contained valuable information about the subject being treated .
    Hate the haters not gojete
    - Get the best out of your gameplay, go 45% homes minimum .
    -Successfully tested over 13 war wins in a row and many that number of non war conflicts .
    7 out f 7 war wins age 50 guarantees.
    High homes = good

It was an equal opportunity rebuke that your latest post has demonstrated the truth of. Please stop attention whoring. thank you.

Regular
    i happen to be trying to get PK'ed at the moment. so feel free to PM me for a loc.

Post Fiend Drop Dead Sexy (DDS)'s Avatar
    Sorry Spamely I read your other thread but just about to prepare for hostile... dont need or want the acres, cant afford to send the armies out.
    DDS;
    Been everywhere and back.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drop Dead Sexy (DDS) View Post
    what makes it hard is that you gain peasants when you attack now... so if I qt... no matter my land gains i will gain close to 500 peasants usually... instantly.

also people are more organized and can get aid etc... text messages, the works to keep from dying.

but if you wanted to kill someone, and subsequently lose the war I detailed it to the best of my ability.

I can understand the want to FB before chain... as it gives better gains... however then they wont overpopulate much on the first chain. if any at all, and lets face it, then when you fail your PK... youve done nothing to that province but make him a force to be reckoned with the rest of war.
    It just depends on how far you chain and how many troops the player has. We had a guy who was running a suicider build with very high offense and low defense, and 9 hour attack times. He sent out at one point, and we FB'd/Kidnapped a ton of pezzies, and then proceeded to drop him 1200 acres in all in a period of about 3 hours. We managed to get him down to about 40 pezzies before NOTHING seemed to work to lower him, but he continued to lose pezzies at about 10/hour and died before his troops got home, 9 hours into the war. Granted, we had 20 people focusing on him for the first couple hours of the war, but he was completely taken out with one "wave'" and had 3 days of protection (By which time we had already won the war).

If his defense had been higher, we probably would've not done FBs/kidnappings, and would have instead just landgrabbed to bring him down and overpop him until his defense left him. Since his defense was low enough to DT/QT already, it really didn't matter that he was only losing 5 acres per hit by the time the first couple of people finished with him, 10x4x5 = 200 (I think he was losing 4 acres at the end, though, although I had thought 5 was the minimum in war)
    Last edited by Che Guevara; 14-08-2011 at 22:58.

was his name gojete? cause then it would make sense.
    Icy 4 8

Quote Originally Posted by E_Boko View Post
    was his name gojete? cause then it would make sense.
    Che is making things up. We just warred his kingdom and they didn't have the coordination to chain that deep.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    Che is making things up. We just warred his kingdom and they didn't have the coordination to chain that deep.
    What are you talking about? You know we had the coordination to chain that deep, you yourself said we just choose the targets poorly. We had how many hits taking one of your guys down to 200 acres? A ton of quad-tapping 5 acre hits. Other than the fact we had TWO chain targets during our war with you, we had plenty of attacks on those two, and they were focused. If you weren't running GS, it would have been that much more effective.

-437 acres: Devaluation (4/31)

That was one "wave" by 12 people. It would have been more but several people involved in the chain either only hit once, or weren't even able to hit. If we had all been online and had armies home, it would have been a different story. You guys yourself said that our initial wave was "fairly coordinated" or something, with 16 provs in the initial wave. When we have a plan, we are coordinated. Perhaps we didn't have the best plan, but you can't say we didn't have the coordination for a single deep chain. One thing our kingdom is pretty good at is attacking someone we are told to attack, and we can get quite a few people online for an initial wave if we are expecting it.

Whatever, though, Landro is a liar like half his kingdom, so I'm not even going to argue with him. If he looked at the war honestly, he'd see that we indeed have the activity and coordination to do deep chains. We just didn't have the ability as Elf/Human to withstand deep chains like his Orcs. Even with several of our most active attackers getting taken out of the war in the first 12 hours, we still managed to stay fairly close in terms of uniques and hits. 64 uniques vs 78 uniques min-time, considering considering 6 of our active attackers only managed to make 1-2 uniques due to deep chaining, thats pretty impressive for the circumstances.
    Last edited by Che Guevara; 15-08-2011 at 06:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Che Guevara View Post
    If you weren't running GS, it would have been that much more effective.
    And that's exactly the reason why we do run GS. You actually picked the guy who was running the most GS of us all.

-437 acres: Devaluation (4/31)

That was one "wave" by 12 people. It would have been more but several people involved in the chain either only hit once, or weren't even able to hit.
    There was never any risk of him getting PK'd. Not only did you pick the guy with the most GS, you picked a player with a lot of experience surviving chains (but you couldn't have known that)

If we had all been online and had armies home, it would have been a different story. You guys yourself said that our initial wave was "fairly coordinated" or something, with 16 provs in the initial wave.
    You gave away the button at the start but didn't expect war? Your initial wave was very nice but it was 16 attacks, not 16 provs.

When we have a plan, we are coordinated. Perhaps we didn't have the best plan, but you can't say we didn't have the coordination for a single deep chain. One thing our kingdom is pretty good at is attacking someone we are told to attack, and we can get quite a few people online for an initial wave if we are expecting it.
    Plan? You were trying to get a war with a kingdom with 12 Orcs and only one of you was running GS. The reason why our chains were so much more effective is because we had our people hit by net worth. We didn't have 900 acre provinces making a quad against a chained province for 5 acres per hit.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Enthusiast
    And that's exactly the reason why we do run GS. You actually picked the guy who was running the most GS of us all.

There was never any risk of him getting PK'd. Not only did you pick the guy with the most GS, you picked a player with a lot of experience surviving chains (but you couldn't have known that)

You gave away the button at the start but didn't expect war? Your initial wave was very nice but it was 16 attacks, not 16 provs.

Plan? You were trying to get a war with a kingdom with 12 Orcs and only one of you was running GS. The reason why our chains were so much more effective is because we had our people hit by net worth. We didn't have 900 acre provinces making a quad against a chained province for 5 acres per hit.
    As I said, the plan may have been been bad, even terrible, in hindsight. But you can't argue that we didn't have the coordination to pull off a deep chain on an un-GS'd target. Well, YOU can argue, apparently, but anyone with a brain would have to admit that we could pull off a deep chain, especially when we have the first wave.

It is sad that you are trying to derail this thread into a conversation about how great your kingdom and plan was, though. Yes, you beat us, very soundly. Move on. We had good activity, despite being chained early and demoralized throughout. Since you don't know what we are fully capable, and even what you saw was enough for us to do what I said we did, try and keep your nose out of business that isn't any of your concern.

Enthusiast
    Your initial wave was very nice but it was 16 attacks, not 16 provs.
    For the period of February 4 of YR2 to February 5 of YR2 (2 hours)
    -- By UPCF [0.99c] http://www.k3ltic.com/utopia/prince

** Summary **

Total Attacks Made: 20 (1330 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 19 (1278 acres)
    -- Conquest: 1 (52 acres)

The Kingdom of (xx:xx)

Total acres exchanged: +1330 acres (20/0)
    +169 acres: Pucks Pointy Stick (2/0)
    +107 acres: Kvas War Pig (1/0)
    +96 acres: Staceys Stilettos (1/0)
    +95 acres: Grymm Bastards Blade (1/0)
    +92 acres: The FauX Death Flail (1/0)
    +92 acres: Nocturnes Blades (2/0)
    +91 acres: Dead Mans Musket (1/0)
    +88 acres: Barrens Glaive (1/0)
    +85 acres: Hans Katzbalger (2/0)
    +81 acres: The Chosen Mace (2/0)
    +79 acres: Arbalest Duck (1/0)
    +72 acres: Lawdies Longbow (1/0)
    +63 acres: Gun Chariot (1/0)
    +49 acres: Piercing Gun (1/0)
    +48 acres: Ideal Man Catcher (1/0)
    +23 acres: Bojangles Hardened Halbred (1/0)

Granted, two of the attackers were right after the hour change, but it was 16 provinces attacking with 20 attacks.

Granted, two of the attackers were right after the hour change, but it was 16 provinces attacking with 20 attacks.
    ok, my bad then.

It is sad that you are trying to derail this thread into a conversation about how great your kingdom and plan was, though. Yes, you beat us, very soundly. Move on. We had good activity, despite being chained early and demoralized throughout. Since you don't know what we are fully capable, and even what you saw was enough for us to do what I said we did, try and keep your nose out of business that isn't any of your concern.
    We'd be happy to give you a rematch if you want one. But considering size difference, next age might be more fair.

Enthusiast
    We'd be happy to give you a rematch if you want one. But considering size difference, next age might be more fair.
    I think we've established that your kingdom is better at war. We learned a few things from you. We learned a few things from ourselves that war. We're not interested in a rematch. I just don't see the point in you trying to derail every conversation to try and point out how you won the war against my kingdom. Like I said, we have the coordination and activity to pull of a deep chain. We DID deep chain Deval. We had him to 200 acres. However, being an Orc and being experienced and active, it's hard to get him out of the war completely. Hell, even our Humans that were chained to 150 acres were still making hits, just not as often or as big of hits as otherwise capable of.

Thread Information