Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UF NEWS: PoD vs. Westeros

Quote Originally Posted by titanwraith View Post
    also someone should have covered "POKEMON" vs "sluurrppee"
    "sluuurrrppppppeeeee" even renamed themselves as "Team Rocket" with a matching banner

Stonedville (Wanna join us? #publicstoners)
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I kind of figured that Activity was a little too obvious to put on there lol

Also, I can't speak for the other reporters, but I've only had 2 people bring wars to my attention, and one of those stories had to be dropped =\. If you see a war you would like covered, TELL US!
    I really would like to see Archangels Vs Modesty covered. They have been in a war for some days now

I would like to see just more articles, the more the merrier!

Post Fiend
    Yes I would like to see the archangels vs modesty one as well

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    [I]They made effective use of FBs and Chastity and made it a priority to keep Westeros' provs under 2k peasants at all times.
    The best strategy is fireballs spread around on every province, as opposed to chain fb one? If a kd has only 2-5 provs that can fb, is this still most effective?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    The best strategy is fireballs spread around on every province, as opposed to chain fb one? If a kd has only 2-5 provs that can fb, is this still most effective?
    You FB as many as you can down to an arbitrarily low threshold.

It's better to keep 10 provinces at 1k peasants than to keep 5 at 100 peasants (yes technically, keeping a province that doesn't kidnap at 1000 is the same amount of work as keeping a province that doesn't kidnap at 100 once they are there, but there is the additional overhead of bringing the province from 1000 to 100 initially given that usually, most wars don't last forever and you want to establish superiority fast).

The primary goal is to stop drafting, make the income crappy to prevent building buildings, AID sending and dragon funding and sometimes to force an a/t on the defensive until he runs out of thieves.

Doing it beyond that yields diminishing returns.

Remember that bringing a province in the red for income to prevent attacking is not a realistic goal.

Wages are cheap and a province whose income is in the red can be set for a day with a relatively small AID package.

And given that what you kill is proportional to what they have, I don't believe you can PK with FB (not unless you chain really hard after bringing a province very low in peasants).
    Last edited by Magn; 16-08-2011 at 14:24.

sigh. i was one of the fail write ups. stupid opponent not giving any feedback
    Icy 4 8

yeah its almost impossible to disable Undeads in war.
    one guy sitting with 125 peasants 40 def specs and over 400 opa (full leet) no wizards no thieves left still he is alive. NS, FB, Propaganda almost nothing works and the guy never sleeps for 3rd day now...
    If troops arrive the same hour he attacks so he wont loose much.
    But yeah there are many wars out there and quick overviews or covers would be better than long detailed once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Pimp View Post
    yeah its almost impossible to disable Undeads in war.
    one guy sitting with 125 peasants 40 def specs and over 400 opa (full leet) no wizards no thieves left still he is alive. NS, FB, Propaganda almost nothing works and the guy never sleeps for 3rd day now...
    If troops arrive the same hour he attacks so he wont loose much.
    But yeah there are many wars out there and quick overviews or covers would be better than long detailed once a week.
    I find it hard to believe he really has 400 opa and still be under 115% max pop. With no thieves or wizards, just about everybody can op him with high success rates
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    I find it hard to believe he really has 400 opa and still be under 115% max pop. With no thieves or wizards, just about everybody can op him with high success rates
    You know that you loose only the population that u have @ home! Thats what I say if u paid attention he has been hitting constantly for last 2-3 days never letting the time tick before troops (all elites) out again.

NS him
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by NoseBlood View Post
    yea seriusly, cover the more interesting wars...reading about a war were someone gets farmed isent that much fun imho..
    Totally disagree on that,there are great wars being fought among the non super kingdoms.If you dont care about that just don't read about i guess.

Congrats to PoD.
    CanWe

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Sorry about the locs =\ Read over them at least 5 times lol

Quote Originally Posted by kisame35 View Post
    Yes I would like to see the archangels vs modesty one as well
    I put glw on it as soon as the war started.

i actually read this one. not bad.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

why fireball when you can save your runes and dice

it is suppose to a be utopian society so everyone should be happy just dicing and exploring its not called war games

Thread Information