Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UF NEWS: PoD vs. Westeros

Post Fiend
    Just wondering... was this war during this age? That doesn't look like Westeros' roster at all.

Yeah just finished.2-3 days ago if im right.
    CanWe

Post Fiend Drop Dead Sexy (DDS)'s Avatar
    not very many attacks going on in that war.... max was like couple dozen on one guy? we have wars where its not uncommon for someone to get hit 100-200 times.
    DDS;
    Been everywhere and back.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Pimp View Post
    You know that you loose only the population that u have @ home! Thats what I say if u paid attention he has been hitting constantly for last 2-3 days never letting the time tick before troops (all elites) out again.
    Why bother talking about the OPA he has before his troops get home? All that matters it what he has the moment his troops come home.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    WHAT THE ****.... PoDs monarch is the dragon reborn!?!??! how do I get in on this?
    I lol'd.

Oh and I am disappointed at House Lannister for being such a ****ter in war when that is completely wrong. Tywin Lannister is twisting and turning in his grave because of that, AREN'T YOU PROUD?!

R.I.P. DN.
    R.I.P. Secrets
    R.I.P. Ghetto Cats.
    I'm seeing a disheartening trend here. O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Dead Sexy (DDS) View Post
    not very many attacks going on in that war.... max was like couple dozen on one guy? we have wars where its not uncommon for someone to get hit 100-200 times.
    ghetto wars over valuing total attacks when they quad a 200 acre province out of range

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by silent_killer View Post
    ghetto wars over valuing total attacks when they quad a 200 acre province out of range
    It's a question of when it makes sense to stop hitting due to networth differences more than total attacks.

Past a certain point, the gains are so ****ty it doesn't make sense to hit someone as it's just wasteful.

Obviously, when you all hit in the same hour, you can fit in more hits because NW doesn't have time to drop due to releasing, because you can arrange for more multi-tapping (countering part of the bottom-feed penalty) and simply because you can fit the ordering more nicely in a NW ladder.

Regular
    @ Saint Pimp, it IS possible to disable undeads. I was an undead last age, went into a war with 1500 acres, 90+ OPA 40+ DPA (with full elites out), 3 WPA, and 12+ TPA. Went to 2000 acres with 2 hits, thereby dropping my t/m coverage by 25%, and got knocked down to 250 acres within 6 hours.

Massively overpop'd, had to release alot of my thieves, d-specs, and wizards to prevent PK. They didn't resend dragon, so I couldn't even send troops to slay.

I ended up with 4K elites, 200 d-specs, 500 thieves, 1.5K wizards (didn't want to wiz pump for 2 weeks after the war is over), and under 200 peasants.

Sure, I had 160 OPA, 6 TPA, and 9 WPA (which helped when I had to LL just to be able to make a hit), but I'd be left with 5 DPA if I sent out that 160 OPA. I ended up keeping 1/4 of my elites home just to get 18 DPA, so I don't get QT'd by everyone including the waterboy.

Oh, and having a GROSS income <1K really blows.

And get this, I wasn't even the hardest hit undead in my kingdom. I only got hit 100+ times. Someone else got hit 150+ times, in a 3-4 day war, IIRC.
    Last edited by orion11380; 16-08-2011 at 23:03.

Regular
    Hi. I am an elf and I currently am having problems with keeping my runes charged with magical juice. I was wondering if this was a common problem. Lol, good lord lay it on me beethoven. Kidding, if I could screw one composer it would be Mahlett.

Quote Originally Posted by Magn View Post
    It's a question of when it makes sense to stop hitting due to networth differences more than total attacks.

Past a certain point, the gains are so ****ty it doesn't make sense to hit someone as it's just wasteful.

Obviously, when you all hit in the same hour, you can fit in more hits because NW doesn't have time to drop due to releasing, because you can arrange for more multi-tapping (countering part of the bottom-feed penalty) and simply because you can fit the ordering more nicely in a NW ladder.
    really please explain to me the dynamics of overpopulation

Quote Originally Posted by fadswaffer View Post
    Hi. I am an elf and I currently am having problems with keeping my runes charged with magical juice. I was wondering if this was a common problem. Lol, good lord lay it on me beethoven. Kidding, if I could screw one composer it would be Mahlett.
    maybe you might want to run more towers would be a start

Regular
    really please explain to me the dynamics of overpopulation
    Well, a good example is China....

Quote Originally Posted by fadswaffer View Post
    Well, a good example is China....
    you mix up overpopulation and over consumption

It could be an easy gauge to ones' activity.

Quote Originally Posted by DjTeddySpin View Post
    It could be an easy gauge to ones' activity.
    no it doesn't

Thread Information