Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UF NEWS: Interview with Brian and Sean: Owners of Utopia

^5! Nice job Maddy! And thanks to the devs for taking the time answer some questions

Nice interview

Also good job from S&B for still keeping up with the silly uto players

It's very nice to hear that there's the intention and strategy to improve the game and grow the community.
    Good interview, looking forward to a bigger better utopia.

Postaholic
    Great job, thanks for taking the time and effort for this scottish.

Thank you Maddy

Enthusiast
    best interview yet, I wish there was more

Post Fiend
    I am happy that Utopia still exists, thank you Brian and Sean for not giving up.

I will even use some of the pay features even if they do not seem like anything I feel I need.
    So it would be more like a donation.

btw: Storing intel ingame for the whole KD would be something worth paying for.

Good stuff!

("Arcadia" means the same thing as Utopia). Just a bit of etymology I'd like to share. Arcadia is an example of a utopian idea that has survived in western culture for many centuries in different versions, but the two words don't mean the same thing. -adia means land/place and arc- comes from archaic, meaning old, ancient and referring to earlier times, the first times, and the first man in the country, the ruler of a country, the arch-bishop or monarch (it is not connect to arch meaning a bow or curve). Utopia is part of the title of a book by Sir Thomas More. U- means no and -topia means place, so utopia means no place or nowhere. This is because utopia is an impossibly perfect place, it can't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by ewaem View Post
    ("Arcadia" means the same thing as Utopia). Just a bit of etymology I'd like to share. Arcadia is an example of a utopian idea that has survived in western culture for many centuries in different versions, but the two words don't mean the same thing. -adia means land/place and arc- comes from archaic, meaning old, ancient and referring to earlier times, the first times, and the first man in the country, the ruler of a country, the arch-bishop or monarch (it is not connect to arch meaning a bow or curve). Utopia is part of the title of a book by Sir Thomas More. U- means no and -topia means place, so utopia means no place or nowhere. This is because utopia is an impossibly perfect place, it can't exist.
    Bit much....

Good stuff on the interview! Very interesting
    LL THE BOBS!

Enthusiast
    Bishop and maple lampe are both nubs
    #strategy

Proud member of the 'I joined these forums before DylanC' club

wow, a tzar!

dark azn: there is obviously no ban on someone taking a vacation 72 hours before age end.

You're just bitter because your guys were deemed to be rule abusing, cos they weren't actually on vacation. Take your whining elsewhere.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend Drop Dead Sexy (DDS)'s Avatar
    Really liked the interview... good questions, great awnsers.

Could have read more...
    DDS;
    Been everywhere and back.

Regular
    thank you sean and brian!!

and thank you mad scottish!

Post Fiend
    I really enjoyed this interview however one thing is sticking in my mind... Sean and Brian created a paradox that I think is a huge limiting factor for the current version. The paradox is the fact that S&B have invested much of their own time and money to run Utopia --- however --- they maintain that they will only do this project on their own.
    But an ongoing challenge is to try and find the time to do all the work on Utopia that we want to do, while at the same time making a living for ourselves.
    It is not a good idea to try and force squeeze "paid premium features" out of 7000 people in order to make a future for a free-game. I would be willing to bet that there are a few people in the community who can code for mobile platforms and would be willing to "work for free" to develop a Utopia App.

I wish S&B were willing to allow the community to help develop the game if they can't. This interview proves to me that they are never going to involve the Utopia community members further solidifying the division that they are trying to remove...

Thread Information