Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Realest Returns

mystics can cast w/e spell is necessary, but for the most part, its MS. MV and PF have their niche also.

Riots against nonmerchant kd + greed spam is good economy eroding stuff. NS never hurt either to open up more options.
    hmm that's interesting. I guess one main decision is the trade off between good attackers and halflings. In the Top 6 KDs there is an average of about 1.2 halflings per KD. I guess that most people came to the conclusion that halflings were not worth it, and it was better to have more avians or dwarves.

I thought of a couple more questions.

You say that the best strategy for war is to Max Gain. Amongst casual warring KDs it seems like an almost unanimous opinion that some form of chaining is best. (either deep chaining or semi-chaining).
    One specific issue is population-lock strategies. They are fairly common among casual KDs, so a lot of people feel that the extra land from Max Gains is useless if you cannot fill it up with more peasants.
    Another thing that most casual KDs will emphasize is the overpopulation damage that can be caused by chaining.

I would really appreciate it if you could elaborate on the reasons that Max Gains is better for casual KDs. By casual KDs I mean anyone from top 100 NW to top 15 NW.

max gains is the best strategy for any kd; there isnt a specific range where this works. I urge anyone who is skeptical to just do it and see it in action.

Veteran
    I have a question. what is a good build strat, draft included with army distribution, for elf/cleric heavy attacker. i would like to see how it differs from my own strat. and this is for a ghetto that has no clue what its doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    You just got owned again. When will you learn fool. I'm just on a different level.

Enthusiast
    on facebook, when girls say "omg! i love this pic! you look great!", what do they really mean?

Enthusiast
    The function y=ax^2+bx+10 got a minimumpoint located in (3; -8)
    Decide the variables a and b.

Max gains works the best because having more acres is better than having less acres.

ok there may be a better way to do this...
    y intercept is at 0,10 and since parabolas are symmetrical then there is another point at 6,10 twice as far as the min point

so now we have two equations with two unknown that we can solve for

a(3^2) + b(3) + 10 = -8
    9a + 3b = -18

a(6^2) + b(6) + 10 = 10
    36a + 6b +10 = 10
    18a + 3b = 0

subtract 1st equation from second to get:
    9a = 18
    a = 2

b = -6a
    b = -12

2x^2 -12x + 10 = y

Enthusiast
    please dont spam this thread guys.

ive got some questions:

does picking an avian core have anything to do with outgrowing other top kingdoms oop and getting to dice mode faster?

larger vs. smaller, does the larger kingdom always have the advantage? is size everything?

is it possible to win without a bank?

how many kingdoms are trying to win each age? how many actually have a chance?

Enthusiast
    Thx. utoplayers aregood at math. gona check the answer later today when I send in my homework to webteacher.

Why do I see a lot of avian merchants as opposed to cleric or tact?
    Icy 4 8

Hi, I am Faery/Rogue T/M.

please help with improvement for my strat

I have 4 wpa, 4 tpa, 75 dpa, 45 opa

Farms: (4%)
    Forts: (10%)
    Guard Stations: (28%)
    Hospitals: (28%)
    Guilds: (5%)
    Thieves' Dens: (15%)
    Watch Towers: (10%)

for once im glad this is realest thread. i wouldnt touch that post above with a 10 foot gojete pole.
    Icy 4 8

I have a question. what is a good build strat, draft included with army distribution, for elf/cleric heavy attacker. i would like to see how it differs from my own strat. and this is for a ghetto that has no clue what its doing.
    Try to run between 60% - 70% draft as a rough guideline. I would try to keep raw TPA of at least 2, and raw WPA of at least 1.
    Elf/Cleric is a bad choice for heavy attacker. You should have either gone elf A/M or picked a stronger attacking race like avian, dwarf, orc, or human.
    A basic strat for an elf/cleric heavy attacker would be:
    8 farms
    11 banks
    20 TG
    20 GS
    15 Rax
    10 Forts
    9 Guilds
    7 Towers

Quote Originally Posted by kbone View Post
    please dont spam this thread guys.

ive got some questions:

does picking an avian core have anything to do with outgrowing other top kingdoms oop and getting to dice mode faster?

larger vs. smaller, does the larger kingdom always have the advantage? is size everything?

is it possible to win without a bank?

how many kingdoms are trying to win each age? how many actually have a chance?
    any core can grow big and get to dice mode. Race is only 1 factor and kingdom skill has more to do with it. So if all things being equal, then yes, Avian wins out, but its hard to control for things in a vacuum

Size matters, dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

It's certainly possible to win without a bank, but a lot of things have to go right. A handful of kingdoms have done it before.

When i was playing, I'd say there are usually anywhere from 5-10 trying to win it all, with only 2-3 being contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by E_Boko View Post
    Why do I see a lot of avian merchants as opposed to cleric or tact?
    Merchants bonus works 24/7, while cleric and tact only work part time.

Thread Information