Thread: How do you grow well in war

How do you grow well in war

Every time I don't get chained in war I end up with more land than I can deal with. I can barely keep up with building the land and training specs even with IA 24/7. tpa, opa, and dpa all drop dramatically (especially feeding the dragon) and peasants take a long time to give birth. What strategies are there for dealing with this problem?

some relevant stats to give you an idea:

Total 19818
    Max Population 26694
    Military & Thief population 56.4%
    Building Efficiency 84.2%
    Alchemy +15.4% Income
    3. Banks: 7.9% (+3.1% in progress)
    7. Hostpitals: 9% (+3.1% in progress)

I feel like as someone who has not been hit I should be giving aid, but without gcs I can only send soldiers, but my draft isn't even close to max with aggressive. I guess I could stop casting fireballs for a bit and switch to builder's boon, patriotism, and love and peace, but is it worth the mana?

Kidnap and Prop work well

Hitting late in chains works too

Other than that just chain the other kingdom so hard they'll surrender by min time which gives you up to 72 hours to grow into your land
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

read my thread

Enthusiast
    "How do you grow well in war"

don't get hit.

Homes increase birthrate

Quote Originally Posted by twitched View Post
    "How do you grow well in war"

don't get hit.
    I'm not getting hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillium View Post
    Homes increase birthrate
    I have heard that building homes during war is a waste, just keeping homes you started the war with.

Quote Originally Posted by Landro
    Kidnap and Prop work well
    This would be useful except I am a/m so I started out with 1.5 tpa and now it's 1 tpa because I grew too much.
    Last edited by lastunicorn; 18-08-2011 at 18:56.

Enthusiast
    1 cast of L&P is worth the mana.

finally read part of your post.

Regular
    why draft aggressive if you dont have the gcs to train? let them be pezzies and earn more gcs for you. And for the record, 56% is still quite high drafted for someone growing a lot in wartime.

What's the minimum time you have to be in war before a kingdom can withdraw? Is it still 48 hours?

48h, and min time in end-of-war-cf is 12h.

you can't grow well in war, unless opposing kd is total crap :)

Post Demon
    If there are good targets still, learn can do damage and help you without forcing more gc spent to keep up. But usually a learn is no good, since all hits are needed to keep up/overtake/chain land.

If you've got the mana, hunting for a target in the enemy kingdom you can kidnap is still worth it. Even 1 tpa might be enough, 1.5 certainly can get though against someone in *most* kingdoms. (Especially those that let you grow unmolested.) A higher base + L&P can usually turbo your pop enough to keep up with NW, if not necessarily land.

Also, unless you are aiming for unbreakable, you probably just want o-specs, and more o-specs. If your problem is too much land, you don't need to bother defending it (beyond not making a chain too easy!) and can use them as offense instead.

Try to get your kingdom-mates that got chained to kill dragon, this will let you keep more troops. They don't have space for them anyway. There should be a "power band" where more land helps, before it starts being a drag... you want to kidnap to stay in that "power band" as long as you can. (You want to stay there on the way down in a chain too... but if done right, the chain knocks you all the way out in the first wave.) Actually a lot like a car's power band... you start at max torque, where the engine is most efficient per RPM... and up till max HP, you lose efficiency per RPM, but gain more RPMs so you get stronger. Just replace RPM with land.

By the time you are down to only 70% built with .8 tpa and 40% draft... your just kinda tapped out. You can, and should, keep hitting, but it'll be hitting way down for only ok, at best, gains. Your goal is to push that point farther away while you still have a TPA and GC to do something about it.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Fiend
    ethan my chassis broke, please advise

Thread Information