Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UF NEWS: Archangels vs. Modesty

UF NEWS: Archangels vs. Modesty

Modesty was looking for a well-matched KD to war and they ran across Archangels, so they sent over a few hits to fish for retals. Archangels responded these hits with plunders and massacres, quickly moving relations to hostile. Both sides started to raise their dragons before war was declared.

May 18 of YR2 We have declared WAR on Archangels!

Azrael of Archangels: "As soon as we were ready they hit us, just the night before we waved another KD."

Modesty gifted Archangels with a dragon a day for those first four days of war. Archangels slayed the first three of those dragons, a ruby and two golds, before deciding to let the fourth live, a ruby. "We changed back to Rubies when they were killing the gold dragons too fast for those golds to be effective." says Stik of Modesty. In return, Archangel sent five dragons, a sapphire and four golds. All were slain by Modesty.

The two KDs stayed neck-and-neck in networth as well as acres for the first few days of war, until the fifth day or so. Sometimes Modesty was in the lead, sometimes Archangels was in the lead but it stayed pretty well even throughout.

Stik: "This was the first time we've warred against Orc Clerics and we found them to be extremely resilient. With their low combat losses and free elites with attack credits they were basically like Undeads. And with the big Orc gains, 5 generals, and soldier generation on attacks suffered effectively negating most troop desertion from overpopulation... they were tough to keep down.

Around day four of war it became painfully clear that a change in strategy was needed. We weren't down by enough to withdraw, and it would have been a real shame to end such a hard-fought battle by Mutual Peace."

Azrael: "I moved on to the halfers to try to disable super thieves and because it would increase their NW loss, likely because they run no hospitals. I carried one big def halfer and one low def heavy attacker, undead mostly at first. Most chains were not carried to the end… we didn’t overpopulate targets enough, the team would tend to hit for better gains targets than to finish off a target to generate maximum damage. I kept with this strat for over 48 hours since land and NW difference seemed steady, NW only changed drastically when they added a new province into war.

I then changed to max gains to reduce their top acre provinces since their size and healthy def is a consequence of heavy chaining strat. After seeing a few worrisome targets I mixed max gains with one chain target so everyone healthy could take them down ASAP, also I tried to take advantage of enemies with little or none incoming acres to maximize NW damage and reduce the possible threats in the future."

Stik: "Because it was so difficult to win the acre game against Orcs, we basically figured that the quickest way to beat them from that point on was to stunt their economies. We did that by semi-chaining them and then keeping MS/chastity on them. This kept their peasants low as they re-grew."

Azrael: "We started to fail on both dragon funding and off ops after a few days as a side effect from growth and Heavy WT core strat from the enemy and lack of runes due to being robbed and gold dragons. The last dragon they sent was a ruby one and we kept it alive since it hurt way less than a gold one, we then sent one gold dragon each day of war, which was killed in under 8 hours each, truly amazing job.

We had three of what we can count as successful chains: ProcastinateY, Humility, and Tranzgeneration. In that order. The other targets were weakened but not fully taken down."

Stik: "In time our KD-wide economy became strong enough that we finally began creating a NW gap which gave us the upper hand."

Azrael: "This was truly an amazing war, it stayed head to head of over four days . I think that what gave them the final touch for the win was that we lost a province that left us after two attacks made and that another couldn’t login for a few days due to RL issues and they actually gained one which was economically very strong. Both KD are coming out of this war with great mutual respect and interest on warring again someday."

May 1 of YR3 Archangels has withdrawn from war. Our people rejoice at our victory!

For the period of May 18 of YR2 to April 24 of YR3 (151 hours)
    -- By UPCF [0.99c] http://www.k3ltic.com/utopia/prince

** Summary **

Total Attacks Made: 482 (25944 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 384 (22996 acres)
    -- Conquest: 6 (322 acres)
    -- Ambush: 64 (2626 acres)
    -- Massacres: 7 (8930 people)
    -- Plunders: 1
    -- Failed Attacks: 20 (4.1% failure)
    Total Attacks Suffered: 465 (23126 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 410 (22430 acres)
    -- Ambush: 22 (463 acres)
    -- Raze: 8 (233 acres)
    -- Massacres: 7 (7240 people)
    -- Learns: 2
    -- Failed Attacks: 16 (3.4% failure)

The Kingdom of Modesty

Total acres exchanged: +2818 acres (482/465)
    +751 acres: II PaperStacks (39/23)
    +438 acres: Joltcola (9/1)
    +430 acres: MAVERICK (17/21)
    +425 acres: Anonymous province (6/0)
    +401 acres: The Shire (12/4)
    +394 acres: RedORCisNowABlackORC (15/11)
    +360 acres: GOOSE (16/11)
    +343 acres: SongoftheBudgie (9/0)
    +323 acres: Infynation (12/6)
    +226 acres: Astral Finish (12/5)
    +218 acres: Scrubnub (4/0)
    +212 acres: Nyx (9/6)
    +211 acres: Phase 6 (15/12)
    +169 acres: Humility (23/16)
    +125 acres: Lord of the strings (25/23)
    +82 acres: dibs (13/4)
    +55 acres: Criminal Minds (29/36)
    +32 acres: FriskyIfBothered (28/45)
    +4 acres: HonorableDeath (16/15)
    -4 acres: Shore Dreams (22/17)
    -103 acres: Metacarpal Sandwich (35/36)
    -319 acres: Pinas Azkals 2 (28/28)
    -493 acres: Kraash (23/24)
    -599 acres: ProcrastinateY (35/73)
    -863 acres: TranzGeneRation (30/48)

The Kingdom of Archangels

Total acres exchanged: -3051 acres (465/482)
    +719 acres: Anonymous province (7/0)
    +434 acres: MayTheMalBeWithYou (14/0)
    +349 acres: Archangel Jogo Bonito (8/3)
    +263 acres: Stereoning (15/5)
    +72 acres: Archangel Legolas LMFAO (15/12)
    +61 acres: Archangel Orkamungus (28/29)
    +46 acres: Archangel Gombak (23/25)
    -12 acres: WurzagWillTheiveYOU (12/8)
    -17 acres: Archangel Grimward (14/15)
    -25 acres: 9th Runefire Legion (18/12)
    -45 acres: NewArchAngel (14/10)
    -62 acres: brasil and not Brazil (10/9)
    -71 acres: Archangel Khobai (6/6)
    -177 acres: Archangel Emperor (21/17)
    -192 acres: Archangel Viking (20/25)
    -209 acres: Archangel Plinko (22/16)
    -253 acres: Charmed Archangel (22/30)
    -254 acres: Unholy Grounds (15/3)
    -360 acres: road (54/73)
    -375 acres: KoRnhangeL (5/10)
    -399 acres: Archangel Lucifer (28/37)
    -555 acres: Archangel Charger STR10 (1/9)
    -612 acres: Archangel Azrael (49/63)
    -668 acres: I Got Mine (11/17)
    -709 acres: Hidden Archangel (33/48)

Stik of Modesty: "About the monarchy swap mid-war: this became necessary because I was traveling to a wedding for a few days in the middle of war. My prov was in sitting mode during this time. Monarchy can be exhausting so it was a relief to have kd mates take over leadership duties for a few days, and have them handle it so well, at that. Thank you Sirinad, Lefty, Tenzo, and Nimitae!
    Thank you to Archangels for the most interesting war we've had in a long time. You gave us a tougher war than some kingdoms that actually got the win against us, and there was even a time when we were considering withdrawal. Thank you for being great sports and the ~60 posts of post-war discussion and tips shared. And thank you to the UF News team for covering our war as well. "

Azrael of Archangels: "I want to thank the Modesty for a clean and respectful war, I hope we can war again soon."
    Last edited by Palem; 21-08-2011 at 21:25. Reason: locs

nvm
    Icy 4 8

Enthusiast
    lol i like the commentary on how to be fail at war strats
    #spankers

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Been waitin on this forevers lol

Oh hush Palem lol

Thats a lot of dragons sent and killed. Animal cruelty

Veteran
    Looks like both kingdoms had fun. You both win!

Want to add: Reports on these kind of wars are much more interesting than the lopsided wars that some other articles have.
    Last edited by Lead Pipe; 21-08-2011 at 22:33.

Post Fiend
    The KDs must've been loaded if they could send that many dragons

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kisame35 View Post
    The KDs must've been loaded if they could send that many dragons
    Hehe, I can assure you that neither KD was loaded with gold after the first dragons launched. Both sides were just giving it their all with what they had to work with. Money was quite scarce throughout.

Great war Archangels, and thanks again for the write-up!

Regular
    hope you enjoyed the wedding!

Enthusiast
    interesting. one of the better war.

sounds like a great war ~ wish I had been part of it!

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    Good article, good war. Way too many dragons. Id have just left the first one :P

Post Fiend Drop Dead Sexy (DDS)'s Avatar
    Nice, now thats a good war, close to 500 attacks on each side. Thats impressive.. dont see anyone who got really deep chained, so must have been max gain efforts mostly?

and also WOW at all the dragons, our last war we used 1, and it took us 2 days to even launch it... hahaha

I would like to ask the significance of gold dragons to this war effort? was it a dwarf heavy war? or just do people feel gold dragons are best in general?... we never use them.

Way too many dragons. Id have just left the first one :P
    haha @maddy
    DDS;
    Been everywhere and back.

Veteran
    Fun war and good report! GL Silly Winners!

Thread Information