Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fair gameplay

Post Fiend

Fair gameplay

What is considered fair gameplay?

Planned war against luring of kingdoms?

When CF is offered to the antagonizing kingdom, does it mean antagonizing kingdom no longer can hit into the enemy kingdom anymore and that the CF must be accepted?

Taking enemy's som n letting other provinces know about ?

dont offer a CF without some sort of agreement. kingdoms can use that to wave you, accept the CF, break the CF and then start hostilities all over again.
    Icy 4 8

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Boko View Post
    dont offer a CF without some sort of agreement. kingdoms can use that to wave you, accept the CF, break the CF and then start hostilities all over again.
    So it is perfectly normal I guess

Post Fiend
    Fair depends on your perspective.

From the viewpoint of a small prov, getting hit by a large prov would seem unfair. Getting a buddy to assist you in hitting the big prov back might then seem fair.

For the large prov, hitting the small prov might be considered fair as it's their "right" as the larger prov. Getting hit back by two provs in revenge might then seem unfair.

point is pretend everyone is a dick and plan accordingly.
    Icy 4 8

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Boko View Post
    point is pretend everyone is a dick and plan accordingly.
    Those are words to live by.

Enthusiast
    I found an UD with 8k MO and decided some of his acres needed to be mine. he retalled... (failed, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by nataku View Post
    So it is perfectly normal I guess
    It's a dick move. Most of the smarter people will realize that, with the relatively small player base we have these days, people will remember and pay you back for it at the worst possible moment. If not this age then in the next.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    It's a dick move. Most of the smarter people will realize that, with the relatively small player base we have these days, people will remember and pay you back for it at the worst possible moment. If not this age then in the next.
    this is very much true...
    Icy 4 8

Dont worry about what is fair and what isnt. Do whatever benefits your kingdom the most. Nothing else should matter. Period.
    Last edited by KuhaN; 22-08-2011 at 08:21.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

I like to post
    For begin don't send scary msg to enemy kingdom. Its never work and not nice :)
    Second don't keep hostile for so long if target kd don't retail. CF them and look for another target.
    When opponent ask for diplomatic solution make acceptable propose/terms=deal and move on.

P.S. all this is for ghetto kds. In top life is not easy :(

Quote Originally Posted by nataku View Post
    What is considered fair gameplay?

Planned war against luring of kingdoms?

When CF is offered to the antagonizing kingdom, does it mean antagonizing kingdom no longer can hit into the enemy kingdom anymore and that the CF must be accepted?

Taking enemy's som n letting other provinces know about ?
    Q. What is considered fair gameplay?
    A. Anything that is within the rules of the game, no multis, scripts, bots or other ways around said rules.

Q. Planned war against luring of kingdoms?
    A. Either is used in game, both are allowed. Why do you think Waving is such a big part of Utopian play? It's to lure a KD you want to war into it.

Q. When CF is offered to the antagonizing kingdom, does it mean antagonizing kingdom no longer can hit into the enemy kingdom anymore and that the CF must be accepted?
    A. Uhm, no and no. You can only offer and hope they accept it.

Q. Taking enemy's som n letting other provinces know about ?
    A. It is "fair" in that it's not against the rules to ask for help from friendly KDs and anyone can do it. This is why there are alliances formed in the game. As was said in another post, fair is often a matter of perspective. Usually other KDs won't get involved in situations like that unless they think the complaining prov was taken advantage of by someone they feel should have looked for a more appropriate target. I usually check the KD's news and see who started the problem and then PM both parties to get both sides before getting involved in other KDs matters. Hopefully others do the same but it isn't a requirement of the game.
    De inimico non loquaris sed cogites
    (Don't wish ill for your enemy; plan it)

Most things worth mentioning has already been said. Utopia is a game of war, you have to play to win or you're sure to loose. In a real war you'll do whatever it takes to win, same goes for utopia. Sometimes it means being diplomatic and making sure you won't make an enemy that comes back to bite you in the ass when you're in a weaker position... sometimes it means making use of whatever advantage you get. It's up to you to figure out the details, just don't expect fair treatment from the opponents, they are all playing to win.
    Last edited by Minty; 22-08-2011 at 11:56.

Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    Dont worry about what is fair and what isnt. Do whatever benefits your kingdom the most. Nothing else should matter. Period.
    And that's when **** bites you in the ass. You'll be following epimitheus's footsteps
    Icy 4 8

to sum up this thread:

dont join HaJ :)
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

Thread Information